‹ Prequel: Pieces
Status: Active.

Glass

Twelve

"Jane, please see that Violet gets this medicine. She needs to take it no later than four, but not before three. Got it? She'll fall asleep at dinner if she takes it too soon." Craig asked as I turned over in the bed. He was already up and dressed, ready to make his rounds for the day.

"What's the medicine for?" I questioned and he turned to me.

"It's to make you sleep. You need a lot of sleep before tomorrow," He assured me. The next day I would be visiting Dr. Ivan so he could asses me and figure out the dosage I would need for the procedure.

"Okay," I smiled and he looked down at me.

"I'll be back around five. We have dinner reservations at Lavvo tonight," He reminded me and I nodded, "I love you," He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"I love you too," I replied back mechanically and he walked off, shutting the front door behind him. This left Jane standing in the doorway of the bedroom, a pill bottle in her hand, with big doe-like eyes staring at me.

"He's being awfully affectionate today," She mentioned, walking over to the closet to prepare me something to wear.

"We had a talk last night," I told her and she nodded, still listening as she sifted through my clothes, "He made me an offer," I stated.

"Does this have anything to do with this mysterious procedure I've yet to hear about?" She asked. I could tell Jane anything. Jane, by law, was sworn to secrecy after she signed a confidentiality contract when she was hired. Not only that, but she was my friend. I trusted Jane with my life.

"I'm going to erase my memory," I confessed and she turned to me.

"What?" She breathed out.

"I know it sounds bad," I started.

"Bad? I'm sorry, Violet. I know I'm speaking out, but I think that's an awful idea," She told me and I looked down. I didn't scold her for speaking out of line. She had a right to.

"I have a chance to be happy," I told her, "Imagine a world where Zack didn't exist. How can I miss someone I don't remember loving?" I asked and she sighed.

"You have a point there," She shrugged.

"When I wake up, Craig will tell me I was in an accident. He'll explain that I'm his fiancee, and I'll believe him. Slowly I'll start to believe that everything is perfect. We can get married. I won't even remember him hitting me or anything. It'll be like I'm starting over."

She smiled sadly at me, "You're willing to lose all those memories with him? Just to be happy?"

I looked down at my lap, "I can't be happy knowing he's out there... not with me. I can't do it, Jane," I choked. For the first time since my first week with Craig, I was at a risk for crying, "I can't live knowing I'll never have him again."

"I think there's hope," She smiled at me and I shook my head.

"Are you kidding me?" I scoffed, "He was so disappointed when he saw me last night. Like he couldn't stand to look at me. Besides," I brushed my tears away, "Even if he was a complete idiot and decided he still loved me, I could never go back with him."

"Well why not?" She asked.

"Because Craig will just come back," I replied simply, "I would have done all this for nothing. The whole point of me being away from him is to protect him."

"What are you even protecting him from?" Jane questioned.

Despite being able to tell Jane anything, I haven't told her everything. She knew of a man named Zack, and my past with Craig. She didn't know what exactly happened, though. I could never bring myself to actually speak about it.

"Myself," I whispered.

-

"Where's Zack?" Matt asked as he entered the lobby, looking around at his band mates. He could see that four members were there, all with their bags over their shoulders and ready to get into the limo and head to the airport.

"I don't know. He's not answering his phone," Brian sighed, hanging up his phone again and shoving it in his pocket.

"No one's seen him?" Johnny questioned.

"Not since he stormed off last night. He left after Craig and Violet went home," Brian explained.

"I really hope he didn't do anything stupid," Matt groaned, running a hand through his hair. He could only imagine Zack causing a scene and either being taken away by security, or personally handled by Craig. The only other scenario he could think of, was Zack getting wasted in a bar somewhere. He wasn't sure which thought scared him more.

"Why don't you guys head out to the airport. I'll go look for him," Jimmy spoke up, looking around at the guys.

"I should get him. He's been pretty moody lately. I think I can get through to him," Brian set down his bag, already stepping forward, but was stopped by Jimmy.

"I really think I should go get him," Jimmy stated, looking Brian square in the eyes.

Something in Jimmy's blue eyes told Brian that he was right. Something also told him that Jimmy knew something no one else didn't. He could only figure that he didn't want Matt and Johnny to know, for obvious reasons. He could either speak up and spill everything, or he could go along with Jimmy's plan. Brian felt told. A part of him wanted to tell Matt everything and go find Zack before he could cause any trouble. But another part of him wanted Zack to go through with what ever plan he had.

"Alright," Brian nodded, "We'll be at the airport. Call us if you need a later flight," He grabbed his bag again, turning towards the guys.

"See you, Jimmy. Good luck," Matt sighed before turning on his heels, heading out the front lobby to get to the car waiting for them.

Brian gave a last wave to his friend, heading out after his other two band mates. Jimmy sighed, grabbing his phone out of his pocket before looking down at it. He had a new text message from Zack, who was probably already on his way towards the famous hotel across the street.

You on your way?

Jimmy quickly replied that the plan worked, and he was heading towards the hotel now. He let out a soft sigh, hoping everything would come together. He couldn't see his best friend hurt again.

-

I watched as Jane stood in the kitchen area, fixing me a cup of tea. I curled up on the couch in a pair of leggings and a tank top. I didn't need to be ready for dinner for another two hours, so I took the time to lounge around while I could.

"What options do I have to wear tonight, Jane?" I called as she began to stir the tea in the cup.

"You have a new Versace mini-dress, a Chanel sheath dress, and the Givenchy gown," She reminded me. I contemplated my options, thinking intently about what I wanted to wear for the town to see tonight.

"I think I'll go with Chanel. I've always liked that one," I smiled and she nodded.

"I'll get it ready after your tea," She assured and I nodded. She walked over, shakily setting my cup down on the table. I watched her as her hands continued to shake, even after she let go of the mug.

"Are you okay?" I asked, "You're shaking," I noted and she wiped her hands on her pants.

"Sorry, I don't feel that well. I think it's just a hangover from last night. I got a few drinks at the club," She reminded me.

"Oh, well there's aspirin in the bathroom if you need it," I reminded her before I picked up the mug. She nodded, walking off to the bedroom where my bathroom was located. I brought my cup to my lips, inhaling the steam rising from the hot liquid. I took a sip, letting the warmth wrap me up. I took a few sips before realizing that it didn't taste like the usual tea Jane made.

I groaned, "Jane, you didn't put enough sugar!" I called, but heard no reply. Annoyed, I rolled my eyes and stood up, heading over to the kitchen before spooning two spoons of sugar into my tea. I stirred, watching it dissolve before bringing it up to my lips. I took my mug in my hands, walking over to the room.

"Which shoes do you think will look good with that dress? I'm thinking the black Jimmy Choos," I stated as I walked into the room.

I stopped suddenly, taking in the sight before me. There were three bags packed on the bed, ready to go. My closet to my right looked like it was ransacked, like someone was quickly going through it,"Jane?" I called, "What the hell is going on?" I questioned.

She came out of the bathroom, a worried look on her face, "I..."

"Jane, tell me what's going on," I stated firmly, my eyes narrowing at her.

"I'm sorry, Vi..." She trailed off.

Suddenly, I felt woozy. I looked around the room, seeing the walls start to blur. My vision started to go dark as I swayed, feeling extremely dizzy and sick. I groaned, falling to my hands and knees as I tried to call out for help, but couldn't. Instead, my eyelids grew heavy and I was submerged into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part One.
Part two will be posted either later tonight or tomorrow morning.