‹ Prequel: Pieces
Status: Active.

Glass

Four

"Wow, you actually look decent," Brian stated once Zack opened the door to his hotel room. He was only two minutes late, but that didn't stop the other guitarist from going to his room immediately.

"Thanks?" Zack scoffed and shut the door behind him. He was wearing his usual jeans and Vengeance University shirt, but he actually managed to do something with his hair and shower for the first time in a week.

"C'mon, we got a limo downstairs," Brian nodded to the elevator and Zack followed. He said nothing as they rounded the hallway, waiting patiently for the elevator doors to open. The two of them stepped inside and Brian pressed the button to take them to the lobby. When the doors finally shut Brian turned to him, "I know what you're planning," He stated.

"I'm not talking about this right now," Zack reminded him.

Brian turned back to face the elevator doors as they slowly descended down towards the first floor, "She's going to be at the club tonight on the East side. Our lounge area is on the West. No doubt that was done purposely," Brian told him, "But Dan is willing to scope it out for us. She'll be at the same club tomorrow. Hopefully if he manages to figure out a way passed security, he can find a way to get you in tomorrow night."

Zack turned to him with wide eyes, "But-"

"You honestly thought we were going to come to Vegas and not at least try to find Violet?" Brian asked, almost offended.

"I... I don't know," Zack shrugged. He really wasn't sure where his friends stood when it came to Violet. He knew they all accepted the fact that they made a major mistake in letting her go, but he figured they were over it.

"Listen," Brian sighed, "I'm saying we'll try... But if it means putting her in more danger, or hurting us... I can't promise we'll be by your side the entire time."

"I know," Zack stated softly.

"Until then, we're going to do what ever we can to figure this out. A year is way too long to be with that asshole," Brian scoffed as the doors opened, "Not a word of this to anyone else, got it?" He asked and Zack nodded, promising to keep his mouth shut.

He just needed to get Violet back, no matter the cost.

-

The club was too loud for any one to hear anything but the music. The band remained in their lounge area, surrounded by fans who had heard of their appearance in Vegas. Zack was quick to plaster on a fake smile, something that even fooled Brian once in a while

Dan made his way through the dance floor, looking towards the VIP lounge on the opposite side of the club. He looked back, making sure the rest of the band was occupied before heading up the stairs. He pulled out his VIP pass, letting it hang around his neck as he casually strolled up, keeping his eyes ahead of him.

Around him was a plethora of dancers dressed in minimal clothing with sequins and satin. He looked over to see a room with a velvet rope across it, and he knew that had to be where she was. He stepped around, acting like he was interested in the girls dancing when he caught a glimpse of who was in the room.

Two women, one with a striking resemblance to Craig, and the other he knew.

He didn't even catch a glimpse of her. Just the blonde hair. But Dan knew it was her. Her petite shoulders and frame said it all. She sat with one slender leg over the other, just as she always did.

He peered closer inside, hoping to get a better look when someone pulled him out of his thoughts.

"Hey!" A voice pulled him away, "You're that body-guard guy!" One of the dancers exclaimed and he turned around, coming face to face with Samantha Green.

"You," He pointed a finger at her. He remembered the brunette from their run in with each other over a year ago. He also remembered the pure hatred Violet had for the girl.

"You know you're a real jerk, you know that? I could have pressed charges against you. You hurt my arm dragging me out of that convention center," Samantha put a hand on her him, glaring harshly at him.

"And I'll do it again. You're coming with me," He stated and grabbed her arm.

"Hey!" She protested as he pulled her down the stairs and through the dance floor at the bottom. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed as fast as he could, ignoring the obnoxious protests from the girl behind him.

"What's up?" Brian answered, stepping away from the rest of the band to look over the railing of the VIP section, overlooking the dance floor for Dan.

"Bring Zack up to the room. I found someone who we should have a little chat with," Dan stated.

"You found her?" Brian asked in disbelief. He didn't think Dan could actually manage to grab Violet and get out of Craig's own club.

"Not exactly, but I have someone who could help. Bring him up," Dan stated.

"We'll be right there. Don't tell the guys anything. As far as anyone knows, Zack is drunk and we're taking him back to get some sleep."

"Got it. Just hurry up."

Brian pocketed his phone and walked over to Zack who was about to order another drink. He waved the waitress off and sat down, "You're going to get up and stumble like you're drunk okay? We're going back up to the room," He stated.

"Did you find her?" Zack asked, his eyes wide and heart racing. What if Violet was back at the room right now, waiting for him? What would he even say to her?

"I guess not, but Dan found someone else we can talk to. But we have to go now," Brian explained and Zack nodded.

Brian wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder, letting him lean against him like he couldn't walk straight. He didn't have to say anything to the rest of the band, they could get the picture just by looking at the two before watching them descend down the stairs and out the back door of the club. Brian hailed a cab, both of them silent on the ride back to the hotel.

-

"This is seriously kidnapping," Samantha snapped, crossing her arms over her chest as she glared at the three men before her. Her eyes caught the dark green ones in the back of the room, furthest from her, "Wait," She whispered, "I know you," Her eyes narrowed at him, "You're Violet's boyfriend... Well ex," She scoffed with a shrug.

"She wouldn't be my ex if it weren't for Craig," Zack spat as Brian watched him cautiously.

"Yeah, there wouldn't be a lot of things if it weren't for Stevenson, but what can you do?" She shrugged, tossing her arms in the air before bringing them back down across her chest.

Zack approached her, grabbing an empty chair before sliding it across from her, sitting down and leaning in closer, "I'm going to tell you something I never got to tell Violet, and you're going to listen," He stated, "That girl is my life... my entire reason for living. I'm alive because of her, got it? So when suddenly I believe she's using me for my money, and she disappears to Vegas with Craig, my life gets a little shitty," He snapped.

"It's not my fault you fell for a whore," She glared.

"You and I both know that's not what she is. Now you can either tell me the truth, or we deliver you right to Craig. You are supposed to be working at the club right now aren't you?" He questioned.

Her jaw tightened and she sat up straight, huffing as she crossed a leg over her chest, "What do you want to know?"

"Everything you know about Violet," Zack stated softly.

She scoffed, "You able to handle enough of that information, Big Boy? Where do you even want me to start?" She asked.

Brian sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed, a bottle of Heineken in his hand, "Where did it begin?" He asked.

Dan stood up and poured her a glass of whiskey, ice dancing inside of the glass as he sat it down before her. She took a sip and sighed, remembering she was a little buzzed from her shift at the club. She looked down at her hands and took in a deep breath, sitting up straight as she kept her eyes down at the dark liquid making circles in her glass.

"Senior year," She started, "We were both excited. Our last year in a place we called hell. I mean, we were popular. We weren't the ones being shoved in lockers, but that didn't mean we liked high school either. We just wanted to be adults already," She took a sip of her drink and Brian leaned forward, pouring her another glass and she actually felt a smile grace her face, "We snuck out and headed to the Pearl. It was the easiest place to get into without I.D.

"We snuck in like it was the easiest thing in the world. Violet is... well she is Violet," She scoffed, "She was getting free drinks left and right. I was her wingman in picking up hot rich guys. Her type obviously," She looked at Zack and he glared, "Word got around to Craig. A beautiful blonde was in his club and no one had ever seen her before. So his security team did some research and found us out. Within an hour we were in Craig's office upstairs," She explained, recalling the first night of her senior year.

"That's how you two met Craig?" Dan questioned.

She nodded, "He was so majestic, you know? We had only heard about him and seen pictures in magazines. It was like he wasn't even real until that moment," She sighed, "And of course those deep blue eyes saw Violet and it was history. He saw his opportunity and he took it."

"What did he do?" Brian asked.

"He made us a deal. He told Violet that if she went with him to his club opening, he would let us go. If she didn't agree, he would call the cops and we were going to get kicked out of school." She paused to take a sip of her drink, once again nearing the end of the glass as the guys looked at her expectantly.

"And then what happened?" Zack questioned, growing impatient with every passing second.

She shrugged, "She saw her way in, and she took it," She shook her head, "Violet didn't want to go to college. She just wanted a man to take care of everything for her. Craig was that person. From day one she had a plan."

"What was her plan?" Dan asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he observed the girl.

"Make Craig Stevenson hers," She smiled, "And she did. She did everything as expected, and he gave her everything her little heart desired. He practically worshiped the ground she walked on and she trampled over every single person in Vegas like they were beneath her. He gave her the world. All she needed was a big shiny rock on her finger... And she got it," She snapped bitterly.

Brian raised an eyebrow, "Sounds like someones jealous," He mentioned and she glared.

"Violet Kennedy got everything she fucking wanted without lifting a finger," She hissed darkly. She suddenly sat up, raising an eyebrow triumphantly as she regained her composure, "She wasn't exactly wanting all of those scars on her body, though," She smirked.

Zack clenched his fists together. He remembered the way his hands trailed over the thick skin that covered her body. He remembered the fury that raged through him as he thought of Craig placing his hands on her.

"When did the beatings start?" Dan asked after it had been quiet for too long.

"Violet wasn't exactly an angel. She still knew how to have fun. She went to high school dances, hung out with guys at pep rallies. Craig's some sadistic freak with possession issues. So every time he found out she was doing something he didn't want her to do, he'd make her pay for it. He was training her to be the perfect wife."

"What do you mean by training her?" Dan questioned, his eyebrow raised at her.

"You know Violet. She's a firecracker. Craig wanted a more submissive Violet, and that's what she became. She did everything she was told. As long as she did that," She scoffed, "She'd be with Craig forever."

"Sounds like you're a little bitter about that," Brian noted and she turned to glare at him. He was shocked to see tears brimming her forest green eyes.

"I saw him first. I was head over heels for him the moment I saw him. Like she fucking cared what I wanted though. Violet only cares about herself," She spat, "She got what she deserved."

Brian's eyebrows furrowed at her comment and he watched her breathe deeply. Something mischievous was in her eyes, something she wasn't telling them. Pride radiated through her as she stared at him, "What do you mean by that, Samantha?"

She smirked, "How do you think Craig found out what Violet did when she wasn't with him?" She asked.

"You didn't..." Brian trailed off.

"Craig came to me asking about her," She smiled proudly, "He offered me a trade. I'd aid him in keeping tabs on Violet, and he was mine whenever she wasn't around," She sighed, "I wasn't his main course, but being a side dish wasn't so bad either."

"Y-You went behind her back?" Zack asked. It was unbelievable that a girl could be so devious and evil, "You knew he was beating the shit out of her? But you still told him everything just so you could sleep with him behind her back!?" He was growing angry until he felt Dan's strong hand on his shoulder, urging him to calm down.

"Honey, we did a lot more than just slept behind her back," She smirked widely.

"You were planning something against her, weren't you?" Zack accused and she laughed.

"Craig's a smart man. He got her back in Vegas, didn't he?" She questioned and he glared daggers at her.

"That doesn't make sense. Why would you and Craig try to chase her out of Vegas if he wanted her with him?" He questioned, "Why would he want her back now?"

"Oh, he wasn't trying to chase her out of Vegas," She denied, shaking her head, "But things don't always go according to plan."

"I'm not understanding..." Zack trailed off.

She smiled, "The plan wasn't to get Violet out of Vegas," She laughed like he was stupid. Zack raised an eyebrow at her as she smiled widely at him.

"The plan was to keep her in Vegas, with him. He never wanted to let her go."