Status: A Brantley Gilbert fanfic

Fall Into Me

Georgia boy

Image

I'm glad I wore my cut off shorts today, I think it was damn near 100 degrees out here. I reached down and pulled my black t-shirt off, exposing my old, faded Skynyrd tank top. I threw my blonde hair up into a sloppy ponytail, and went back to my engine to double check everything.
Then I heard the beautiful sound of a vehicle pull up behind my truck. Maybe somebody's going to help me! I looked up to watch the man approach from his big black Silverado.

At least he's a Chevy man.
He wore dark faded jeans and a plain black t-shirt, and a black ball cap to match with the bill folded down. It was a thing most country people did.

"You need some help ma'am?" he asked with a smooth, southern voice.

He stopped a few feet from me, and nodded his head in greeting.

"Well, not really. Unless you can give me a ride to Jefferson." I said as he followed me around to the front of my black pickup.

He leaned over and checked everything I had already checked.

"My alternator kind of has a mind of its own." I told him.

He stood up straight and looked down at me, then began to laugh softly.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"There's a grease stain all across your forhead ma'am, I dont mean to laugh. I can see that you dont mind bein' under the hood of a vehicle." he said.

I could see my reflection perfectly in his dark sunglasses, and blushed a little when I saw my forehead. so I lifted the bottom of my shirt and leaned over to wipe it off.

"Yeah, my dad told me not to drive so far without replacing the alternator. I guess i shouldve listened." I said with a bashful grin.

"Where are you from anyway?"

"Suburban Detroit." I replied, taming a piece of hair that had come loose from my ponytail.

"So you must be a pretty hardcore chick then huh?" he asked, closing my hood.

"I guess you could say that. My dad raised me so I've always been kind of a tomboy."

"Aint nothin' wrong with that. Now, it just so happens that I'm on my way to Jefferson right now. I could give you a lift." he said.

I looked over at my precious truck, reluctant to leave her. He must've noticed.

"Ive got a buddy in town with a tow truck. I could have it dropped off to you in the mornin' if you'd like."

I smiled.

"Alright. Let me just grab a few things." I said, reaching into the cab to grab my duffel bag and phone.

I locked it up and shut the door, kissing the window.

"Don't cause too much trouble now." I told her, causing the man to chuckle.

I followed him back to his truck, and was taken by surprise when he opened my door for me.

"Thank you." I said, hopping in.

He shut my door and came around to get in the driver's side.

"I almost didnt believe Amber when she said Georgia was full of nice people. But I can see for myself that you southern boys have some manners." I said as he started the engine and drove away.

"Well, I was raised to respect the ladies. Its just in my nature I guess." he said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Oh, my name's Josephine, but my friends usually call me Jo." I said, putting my sunglasses on.

"My name's Brantley. Now where in jefferson are you goin'?"

"Umm...." I said, looking down at the text in my phone, "289 Kenneth street."

"Well I'll be damned. Thats just 5 minutes from where I live. Im about 3 miles away on Dixie. A little white house with a red barn behind it."

"Well, now I know where to go when I need help from a sweet Georgia boy, huh?"

He nodded with a smile, and soon we turned onto Kenneth. Amber's house was a 2 story with a long dirt driveway.

Image

Really southern and cozy looking, with a huge yard and a willow tree out front. There were lots of people in the yard, chasing kids and eating food. Yep, I was late.
Brantley stopped the truck in the driveway and hopped out to come open my door, drawing the eyes of every person in sight to watch curiously.
I jumped from the tall pickup and grabbed my duffel bag from the seat, turning to thank Brantley.

I pulled him into a short hug, and revelled in his masculine scent as he hugged back with strong arms.

"I'll have that truck dropped off in the morning, so keep an eye on the driveway huh?" he said.

I nodded.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. Most folks back home would just keep driving."

He smiled.

"Well That's just how folks are down here. If you ever need anything, remember I'm 3 streets that way." he said, pointing down the street.

"On Dixie, I remember. A little white house with a red barn behind it. Got it." I rehearsed.

He nodded with a big smile.

"Alright, I'll get goin' then. Have a nice night." he said, and I waved before grabbing my bag and walking towards the party.

I set my bag on the ground and sat at the picnic table beside my friend Amber. Her grin was huge as she joined me in watching Brantley drive away. When he was out of sight, I looked over at her and said, "What?"

"Do you have any idea who that guy is?" she asked.

I shook my head in a confused manner.

"A guy named Brantley, who gave me a ride here?" I asked.

she shook her head with a laugh.

"That's Brantley Gilbert!" she said.

I was still confused.

"Who's Brantley Gilbert?" I asked.

"Dont you listen to country music?"

"No, I dont." I said plainly.

"Brantley Gilbert is like the most famous country singer in the world right now. Everybody knows who he is."

"Well, I'm sorry but I havent listened to a country station in a while. I guess I never got the memo..." I replied, staring down the dirt road with a little extra thump in my heartbeat now.