Status: A Brantley Gilbert fanfic

Fall Into Me

The gift

Image

I spent the rest of that afternoon chasing Dylan around and helping him open his gifts while Amber got the cake ready. He definitely kept me busy. Then after a while, the guests went home and we were cleaning up the yard.

As soon as nightfall came and the kids were tucked into bed, Amber and I sat on the porch swing outside together. I havent seen her in 2 months, since she moved down here. It was nice seeing my best friend again.

"I cant believe Brantley Gilbert literally drove up to my house and you just magically appeared from inside his truck." she mused.

"Well, my truck died on the side of the freeway. He pulled over and offered to help. How was I supposed to know he was some super famous country singer?"

"Did you at least give him your number? Or get his?" she asked.

"No."

"Then you'll probably never see him again."

"Oh well." I said casually.

Although something inside me was screaming, 'YOU IDIOT!' If he was super famous like Amber says he is, he probably doesnt have time for meeting new people anyway. I couldnt keep my mind off his smile, and the thought of him calling me ma'am gave me butterflies. I couldnt tell if I was starstruck or just had a little crush on him. All I know is that I would be happy to see him again.
When we went inside, Amber let me go into her office to do a little research on Brantley. Youtube sure did have a lot to show. His music was actually pretty good, and not like the boring kind of country. Wikipedia had said that he writes all of his own music, and also confirmed that he was indeed from Jefferson, Georgia. I watched videos of his concerts, with screaming women in the thousands.
Then I got a great idea.

I was going to buy tickets to his next show.

Fortunately, his next concert was in 2 weeks at an outdoor theater in Atlanta. I ordered the tickets online and shut down the computer with a smile.
I left the office and headed down the hall to the guest bedroom I was staying in, and got ready for bed.

My window was open, and the moonlight fell across the hard wood floor like a spotlight, making it easy to fall into a deep slumber.

Image

The next morning, I woke up around 9 to the sound of a beeping truck backing into the driveway. My truck! I jumped out of bed and ran to the window to see. A blue tow truck was lowering my Chevy onto the ground, with a man in overalls controlling the motion. So I threw on a pair of shorts under my big Metallica shirt and ran down the stairs and out into the front yard. I approached the man at a jog, and he smiled at me.

"Are you Josephine?" he asked, rubbing his grey beard with a greasy hand.

"Thats me." I answered with a smile.

"Well, here's your truck. Good as new, too. Brantley paid for, and helped install a new alternator for ya." he said, popping the hood and showing me.

"Great! How much do I owe you?" I asked, pulling out my wallet.

He shook his head with a modest smile.

"Brantley told me not to accept any money from you. He says its a gift." he told me.

Amber came out and stood beside me, looking into my engine aimlessly.

"Oh gosh, I have to give you something. Ie didnt have to do that for me."

The man put his hand up in a halting gesture.

"Ma'am, if I know anything about Brantley, I can promise that if you give me that money he's just going to send me right back here to return it. He's a good kid, and loves helping people. So just put your wallet away and have a good day alright miss?"

I nodded, putting my wallet back in my pocket.

"Thank you so much!" I said, waving as he retruned to his truck and started back down the driveway.

I looked over at Amber, and she gave me a confused look.

"Brantley Gilbert paid for and put in my new alternator." I said, closing the hood.

"So what are you gonna do now?" she asked with a grin.

"I'm going to a concert in Atlanta on the 6th." I said with a smirk.

She nodded in agreement.

"Come on, you can help me cook breakfast for the kids."

So I followed her into the house with a big smile glued to my face.