Status: A Brantley Gilbert fanfic

Fall Into Me

Play me that song

Image

After staying with Amber for two weeks, I really grew fond of Georgia more and more. I loved the calm, quiet, serenity of it all. I didnt wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of sirens, instead I heard crickets and distant croaks of the frogs in the pond.
We went to town almost everyday and bought things at the farmer's market. We went fishing with the kids, swimming, horseback riding. It was everything I loved doing and every second of being here made me smile. My boring office job back at home paid for a dinky apartment, but I really began to have thoughts about moving down here. Amber offered to let me stay with her until I found another job down here, which swayed my mind even more. The only thing holding me back was my Dad. I would never dream of leaving him up there alone, especially when his dream was to live in a place like this. Maybe I could figure something out. Tomorrow, I would start looking for employment here.

Tonight was Brantley's concert in Atlanta. I'll be going alone, since Amber had to work. That was fine with me, I know I'll have a good time from what I've seen on Youtube.

That afternoon, I straightened my hair for the first time in months, and I never realized how long it was until now when it was brushing my exposed lower back as I walked. I went into my bedroom and picked out a good outfit for the show. Not too slutty, but not too cautious.

Image

Once I was dressed and had my make up on, I was ready to head out. On my way downstairs, I yelled goodbye to Amber just before I flew out the door and towards my truck at full speed. I didnt want to be late!

By the time I got to the venue, I was right on time. I showed my ticket at the gate, and walked through with everyone else. 75% of the people here were women and teenage girls. All dressed up slutty with cowgirl hats and Brantley shirts on. But I knew that image wasnt everything. Every girl here had a dream of being noticed in a crowd of thousands, maybe even get a nod or a wink from their dream guy. I can remember doing that a few times, so I just smiled and walked up the long stairs to the top of the hill.
The venue was mostly outside, on a big grassy hill, then a covered stage with pavillion seating. I looked down at my ticket, smiling to myself for getting 3rd row tickets. And I would be sitting under the pavillion in case it rained, like the weather said it might.
I continued down the steps to my seat, which was just to the right of center stage, and pretty damn close. I figured since I had another half hour before showtime, I might as well get a beer...

By the time I even got my drink, the show was already starting! I could hear Brantley's familiar country accent come through the speakers as he got the crowd all riled up. I rushed to my seat, trying not to shake the glass bottle too much. Once I got to my row, I had to squeeze past a dozen teenage girls screaming right into my ear. I finally got to my seat, and sat down. When I looked around, I realized I was one of two people sitting. The other was an old man with an oxygen tank at his feet. I sighed, then looked back up at Brantley on stage. He looked awesome up there, playing a rockin' song with all that energy! I recognized the song to be on I heard on Youtube, called My Kinda Party.

The fans knew every song, and they sang and screamed the whole time. Brantley was into it too, bringing girls on stage to help him sing, throwing his towel and hat into the crowd.

Then eventually, the conert started coming to an end, and Brantley sat on a stool and started playing his last song. It was a relaxing melody, probably a ballad. The fans all sat down for the first time in 3 hours, and swayed with the music as he began to sing the chorus.

"Play me that song, play me that song you wrote
about the girl who might not ever know
how much you care, or how much you love her
Play me that song, play me that song again
cuz I like to think there's someone there
who might love me just like that
So play me that song again...
"

Then he looked down, right into my eyes and smiled. I smiled back, and gave a small wave with my hand. He nodded, and kept singing. The butterflies in my stomach were going mad now, demanding to be set free. I barely even knew this guy, not to mention he's a national celebrity. I did have a crush on him...

"Baby that song, baby that song I wrote
'bout the girl who might not ever know
how much I care or how much I love her
baby that song, I gotta tell you the truth
I've been hiding this too long from you
Can't believe you never knew,
Its all about you...
"

And the fans went wild as he stood and exited the stage, waving with his free hand.