Puppet of the Mind

Key To The Soul

Bound to the cold metal chair in the warehouse Jeremy squirmed and screamed for help, as if someone could hear him. In a way his helplessness pleased me. Sent warm tingles through my body. I pondered on what I should do to him since I felt whatever I did should be original. He was a special young man, who deserved to go out a special way. I pulled up another chair and sat in front of him. I then took my finger and lifted his head so he was looking at me. He had such gorgeous eyes, but they were so full of fear. “Do you fear me, friend?” The sound of his voice was muffled behind the gag. “That meant yes, that was most definitely a yes!,” Lyra exclaimed. “Oh sweet Jeremy I’m not here to harm you. I get no joy from your pain. Your squeals satisfy me not. Let’s just have a conversation, yes let us do that”. Jeremy’s muffled cries for help began to settle.

“I haven’t had a conversation with someone in quite sometime. Embarrassing isn't it? But is it my fault nobody listens? Sure yes they pretend to care but do they really listen? They've all given up on me. Every single Goddamn son of a bitch. But the funny thing is, I’m starting to give up on me, crazy right? Maybe I deserve to be alone with my thoughts and all my petty problems. Why can’t they be like you Jeremy? You listen because you care, right? You care don't you, about me, about how I feel, don’t you?” I slowly removed the gag from his mouth, “Don’t you?”. I then kissed him so gently on the lips. He froze for a few seconds then hesitated to speak, “Of course I care, how could I not?”. I studied him for a minute, hesitant on what to do next. “I need your help, will you help me?” The nervousness in his voice was too thick to hide “Yes, I’ll help you. I’ll do whatever you need me to do.” “But how do I know you won’t betray me. You’ll leave like the others.”, I said in response. “Ma’am as a good and honest Christian it is my duty to abide by my word.”, Jeremy said, convincing enough. “Okay, I believe you, but just to be safe…”

I put the gag back into his mouth. I slowly walked over to the table on my right and grabbed a melon ball scoop. Then I slowly walked back over to Jeremy and looked him directly in his innocent eyes. “You know Jeremy they say the eyes are the key to the soul, and yours are just so lovely”. I quickly put the scoop in his left eye and popped it out into my hand. The sound of his scream was the loudest I've ever heard even behind the gag. I couldn't help but giggle just a little. “And now I have the key to yours”. “My my just so lovely” the voices simultaneously sang the phrase, as laughter rang in my head.