Status: :)

Everything Has Changed

Is This A Date?

Finally, one week of school down, thirty five weeks to go. It was now Friday, which meant Alexi could sleep in as long as she pleased. She tossed her backpack, full of books and homework on the floor and collapsed onto her purple, zebra striped bed. She expected to quickly fall into a deep sleep, but a loud vibrating sound from her phone wouldn't allow her too.

Stiles. The callerID flashed along with a picture of the boy with fries stuffed in his mouth. Alexi was not in no mood to listen to the boy. Ever since Tuesday, Stiles and Scott have been avoiding her. Not showing up to lunch, not talking to her in class everything was just strange.

"What is it Stilinski?" She answered, still laying face down on her bed.

"Wow! What's up with you?" He asked.

"Do you really expect me to just be all buddy-buddy with you after you ignored me all week?"

Stiles sighed, "I'm sorry, Lexi, but it wasn't intentionally." He hesitated. "You're my best friend."

Best friend. That word made her cringe whenever he said it, but she never knew why.

"Cut to the chase, Stiles," She told him, rolling over to see her ceiling.

"Ineedyoutocometoapartywithme," He said so fast making Alexi confused.

"What?"

"Come to this party with me," He told her fluently this time.

Alexi was never one for after school hangouts, especially if there would be tons of people she didn't know. She preferred to sit at home, watching a movie with her two best friends.

"No way," She informed him.

A loud groaning noise came from Stiles line. "Pleeease!"

"Why can't you go with Scott?"

"Scott's the reason why I need you to go," He said.

"I don't understand, Stiles."

"It's hard to explain, Alexi. I just need you to be there if something happened to Scott," He told.

Even though everything was becoming more and more confusing, Alexi agreed to accompany Stiles to the party. But it only was for Scott, she told herself even though she didn't understand why.

Stiles made agreements to pick Alexi up at nine, and then hung up.

She groaned as she slowly rised to her feet, thinking about what she had to wear to the event. She walked over to her closet and began throwing clothes all over her bedroom floor.

"What did you do?" The familiar screams of Alexi's mother, Anastasia Carter, rang through her daughter's ears as she stared to the ground. Mrs. Carter was a clean freak—running the vacuum in the living room over twenty times after cleaning, making sure all bed and bathrooms were cleaned before everyone did their daily task. So seeing all these fabrics on Alexi's floor almost gave her a panic attack.

"Mom, calm down. I'm just trying to find something to wear for tonight, I'll pick it all up before I leave," Alexi reassured her mom, watching her pick up every clothing item and throwing it in the hamper that was placed on her hip.

"And, where do you think you're going tonight?" She asked.

"I'm going to this party with Stiles," She told her causing Anastasia to stop her fast pace.

Mrs. Carter loved Stiles, not just because he was a nice guy but because she pictured her daughter's whole life with him. She always knew that Stiles and Alexi were perfect for each other, right when she caught sight of her child playing with the boy while at the park when they were about six.

The mother creeped closer to her daughter and sat on the floor alongside her. "Is this a date?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

Alexi blushed and shook her head. "No!"

"Fine," She said getting up, "Don't tell me the truth, but remember that I always told you this was going to happen."

"Get out, please!" Alexi shouted at her mother, throwing a shirt at her face.

...

Stiles arrived to the Carter's family home in his blue jeep, and button down shirt. He placed three knocks on the door and waited for Alexi to answer, but to much of his dismay her father was the one to open the door.

Jimmy Carter stood in the doorway with nothing but a blank look on his face as he caught sight of the boy standing on his porch. Mr. Carter didn't like the fact that his only daughter hung out with boys, let alone Stiles who is his colleague son.

"Hey, Mr. C!" Stiles faked a smile, hoping to make conversation but it didn't work. Alexi's father moved from the doorway and ushered him inside. The two men walked into the living, Stiles took a sit on the love seat while Jimmy sat in his recliner. They stayed quiet for awhile until Mr. Carter opened his mouth.

"So, my wife tells me this is a date," He pointed out, forcing Stiles to go wide eyed.

A light pink color gazed upon Stiles cheeks as he stuttered, "N-no. I-I mean-"

Before he could finish, Alexi's footsteps were heard as she came down the steps.

"You ready to go?" She asked Stiles as she reached the bottom step.

Stiles quickly stood up. "Uh-yeah," He told her. Alexi could easily tell that her dad was making the sixteen year old uncomfortable, so she decided to take matters into her own hands.

"See you later, Daddy," She quickly said, grabbing Stiles by the hand and immediately escorting him out the house.

"Your dad hates me," Stiles informed Alexi as they approached his car.

"My dad hates everyone," She laughed, opening the car door.

After the two put on their seatbelts and started their journey to the party location, Stiles decided to ask Alexi an important question.

"So, did you tell your mom this was a date?" Stiles said trying to hold in his laugh, keeping his eyes on the road.

Alexi slapped herself on the head. She should've known that her mother wouldn't believe her from earlier, and she should've known she would've told her father, who would've said something to Stiles.

"N-no!" She yelled, "I-I tried t-to-"

They came to a red light.

"It's okay, Lexi," He told her, placing a hand on her thigh. "If you wanted to go on a date you should've just asked me."

Alexi rolled her eyes at the boy and slapped him on the head.

...

Much to Alexi's surprise, the party was actually quite enjoyable. She loved watching all her peers do crazy things that she knew they would never do if they were sober. Also, she was enjoying her time with Stiles so much, they both forgot the man reason why they were there that night.

"Hey, I'm going to go get a drink," Stiles announced, "You want anything?"

Alexi shook her head and watched her friend disappear in the crowded sea of teenagers.

"Lexi!" She could hear someone shout from behind her. She turned around to see one of her good friends, Alanna Emerson. Alanna and Alexi have known each other since the second grade and has been close sense. If she ever needed someone to talk to, other than the boys, she would always go to her.

"Hey, Alanna," Alexi greeted, giving her a hug.

"And, I though you weren't the partying type," Alanna said laughing.

"Well no, I'm here with Stiles," She informed causing a very curious look to come her way.

Alanna smirked. "Oh," She said, "I see you and Stiles are pretty close, huh?"

"He's just my friend," Alexi told her, "He just wanted me to come with him to watch over Scott."

Alanna shook her head at Alexi's comment.

"Come on now, Lexi. Look at Scott," She said, pointing over the balcony. Scott was seen dancing with new girl, Allison, and seemed to be having a good time. "He's a grown boy. Do you really think Stiles asked you to come just to watch over your friend?"

What she was saying could've been true, but Alexi knew otherwise. Alexis and Stiles were just friends and best friends at that, nothing could evolve in their relationship it just couldn't.

"Hey ladies!" Stiles said approaching the two girls. He wrapped his arm over Alexi's shoulder, and Alanna raised her eyebrows at the girl.

"You know what, I'll see you two later," She announced, taking a sip from her red, plastic cup and walking away.

"What was that about?" Stiles asked, looking at the five-foot-three girl that was in his arms.

"Nothing," She lied.

To change the subject, she began talking about Scott.

"I found Sc-" She almost said, turning around to find the dark haired boy, but he wasn't in the spot she last seen him in.

"Scott are you okay?" She heard Stiles ask. Alexi turned around to see her friend hurting and pushing past all of the guest.

"What's up with him?" Alexi mumbled, not knowing Stiles heard her.

"I'll explain everything later!" Stiles shouted, grabbing her hand to follow Scott far behind. They reached the front door, but it was too late as they watched Scott speed down the road in his mother's car.

"Fuck!" Stiles yelled, obviously frustrated; but he still kept his hand intertwined with Alexi's, however she had no problem with it.

"Come on," Stiles said, dragging her down the large stairwell. They quickly raced to his car, and went to Scott's house. They found themselves at the McCall's home in a record time, and both began taking off their seatbelts.

"No no no no no," Stiles said, pulling Alexi back.

"What? Why? What's going on?"

"You just need to stay in the car," He told her, "Promise me you will stay in the car?"

They were hiding something, she thought. That's why they haven't been in contact with her for the whole school week, that's why they've been acting so different.

"You guys are hiding something!" She shouted as he got out.

"Just stay!" He shouted back at her running into the McCall household.

Alexi obeyed his orders, though everything inside her was telling her to go inside and check what's happening. She sat in the passenger seat, moving uncontrollably hoping that everything was alright. Not knowing what was going on had her emotions at a high, and it killed her.

"Fuck it," She told herself opening the car, and placing her right leg out. When the sounds of leaves rustling caught her ears, she looked over where the sounds had came from which was right under Scott's window. Alexi looked off into the distance to see a large shadowy figure along with a loud growl that could be heard throughout the neighborhood. The girl quickly closed the door back, becoming frightened and buckling her seatbelt once again. She watched as the figure raced off to the back of the house and then Stiles came out after, running.

"What the hell was that?" Alexi yelled as Stiles jumped into the drivers seat.

Stiles fumbled with his car keys as he tried to get them in the engine, once getting them in and driving off Alexi began yelling once again.

"What are you doing? You're just going to leave Scott? Are you crazy? There's some big ass wolf thing out by his house, possibly trying to eat him and you wanna leave?" She rambled, giving Stiles a even worse headache.

"That was Scott!" He shouted which to his friend felt like the whole world stopped. Stiles never intended to tell Alexi in this way, but she brought it upon herself asking over one thousand questions, overwhelming the boy.

Alexi sat quiet in her seat as Stiles pulled up to an unknown residence. She was pretty much in shock. That couldn't have been Scott, she thought.

Stiles raced out the car and began banging on the unknown door. Alexi watched as an older woman answered the door and Stiles started talking to her.

She couldn't believe everything she just encountered these past ten to fifteen minutes. Her best friend since the third grade had magically became some big ass dog, and her other friend was just going along with everything. It all just was so unbelievable.

Eventually, Stiles came back and the two stayed in the driveway for awhile. Alexi had so many question, but she just didn't know how to put them into words.

"You want me to take you home?" Stiles asked, placing his off the steering wheel.

Alexi shook her head. "We need to find Scott."

...

The sunlight blazed through the blue jeep, waking Alexi as Stiles drove through the streets of Beacon Hills. They've been driving for hours, trying to find Scott but they haven't had no luck. They pulled up on a rode that was surrounded by large forests.

Alexi spotted a man walking, shirtless with dark hair. "I think that's him," She told Stiles making him pull over.

Luckily, it was Scott making their search concluded. Alexi scooted over to make room for her friend and Scott slowly got in.

"What're you doing here, Lexi?" Scott asked as Stiles began to drive.

"She knows," Stiles informed him.

Scott sighed, "Are you mad that we didn't tell you?"

Alexi nodded. "But, you two are my best friends. I can't be mad forever."