Status: done! xx

No Escape From Time

one and done

It was like something out of the movies, all of a sudden, the music stops playing, and the people were nonexistent.

Basically the world just stopped turning, the moment he saw her. The moment she entered Huntington Beach High School’s gymnasium, she shined like a diamond among all the rough and her dark brown hair in an up-do that brought out all her beautiful features. “Is that—Chelsea Parks?” Matt asked, stuttering and all of them just answered with a nod, “Damn,” He muttered under his breath scanning her up and down as her eyes laid on the five of them. She smiled sweetly to them before she shuffled through the people, making her way to them but even before Matt pursued what he was going for, Brian placed his hand on Matt’s chest causing him to back away. “Not tonight,” He said sharply, looking at her direction, his best friend glared at him, confused at how he acted. “I need to talk to her.” Then with a swift move he was shuffling through the crowd to get to her, too.

“Chels.” Brian muttered under his breath when they finally found themselves through the wave of people. He didn’t know their batch was this hell of a lot, there were rumors around that the others didn’t really belong to their batch but when they found out that Avenged Sevenfold, one of the biggest rock bands today were heading here and they were, all five of them complete: they decided to go too.

“Brian.” Chelsea said in almost a whisper, shivers down her spine was sent as soon as she looked up and saw his thin lips form as slight smile at her. “You look good,” She blushed furiously as his hand brushed her side, she looked up at him up and down then placed her hand on his shoulder, “You don’t look bad yourself.” They look at each other then started giggling, he pointed to a more secluded spot on the school’s park. “Let’s talk.” He said shifting in a more serious tone before extending his hand out for her to take. Brian at first felt embarrassed because it took a mere ten seconds before Chelsea took his hand but he understood. They found the one of the benches in the middle of the park, by this time the sound of music and chit-chat had already been muffled by the trees and somehow, it felt better.

“How are you?” They started chuckling again when they said it at the same time, Chelsea pointed to herself then to Brian, he pointed to her signaling that she went first. “Well,” She started, clearing her throat. “Life’s been good to me, I guess. Charles, Chelo, and myself are now in charge of the family business and I think the three of us make a good team.”

Before Brian could ask a question, she blurts out. “Enough about me,” She whined, waving her hands in the air. He smiled at the thought of her being the Chelsea he met during Senior Year, bubbly but yet shies when it came to talking about herself. “How about you, rock star?” Before Brian could answer, she again speaks, “Let me guess,” Chelsea pointed her index finger at him, Brian just crossed his arms over his chest, willing to listen at what the woman has got to say. “You’re partying every night, drinking, smoking, fucking all of that shit. It became a routine but at the same time, you’ve never forgotten about your music because that’s what brought and kept you guys together through the years.”

Brian smiled wide, amused at how she delivered them as if they were facts. “That’s where you’re wrong,” She raises an eyebrow and before she could speak again, “About the music thing was right but then the party every night? Nah, rock stars before were like that but now us and other rock bands have evolved. We’re more cautious and careful, when we’re on tour we’d go clubbing and take girls out but that happens sometimes. Most of the time, we just like to lay back and play video games.” He explained leaning back on the bench; Brian was close to feeling overwhelmed with all the success the band had since they left Huntington. Everything he did, he was proud of.

There was silence between the two of them until Chelsea’s phone started ringing; she excused herself then turned away from Brian. “Hey baby… yeah, mommy will be home soon… come on its summer, shouldn’t be sleeping late like the other kids? – I’ll just order some McDonald’s for you when I get home, okay? Wait for me… Okay I love you.” Then she hung up and turned to him again, he tried his best to not look surprised at what he heard but he didn’t want to have questions floating over his head.

“You’re married?” Brian asked, failing to hide the shock in his face and tone of voice, she laughed and placed her hand in his forearm. “Not all people with kids are married. I have to go, bye.” And with that, he realized something so as they walked back to the gym, he quickly went to his wingman, Matt. At first he hesitated helping his friend after what he did earlier but Brian promised to tell him later on what’s up with him acting like that so they raced to their car and decided to follow Chelsea home.

---------------


They parked just across her house, to a perfect angle to see her house and who would answer her door. Brian waited anxiously trying not to peek too much and stay low profile until Chelsea got inside the house. “What are we trying to do here an—“ Matt got quieted down by Brian when he saw the door open and a kid, burst out of the house and ran up to Chelsea. The kid was a girl, her hair pulled up in a ponytail; she had black hair, timid looking eyes and long fingers shown as she hugged her mother’s waist.

“Fuck man,” Matt said looking over to the view as Chelsea went ahead, but the kid was left outside then her eyes widen as her gaze went to their car, studying it with her eyes “That’s like a 13 year old version of you, man. What the fuck.” He said slapping Brian hard on the arm waiting for a response he didn’t get.

“Brianna!” A voice from the inside of the house called out, she ran for the door but the kid looked back at the car again before heading inside and closing the door behind her. Brian slumped back on the driver’s seat running a hand through his hair muttering the words fuck again and again.

“Would you care to explain this to me now, I’m getting lost.” Matt said then Brian just looked at his best friend: confusion, hurt, and anger on his eyes. He took a deep breath. “Charles’ spring break house party.” He looked over at Matt and he nodded assuring Brian he recalled the event. “I was drunk, supposed to use the bathroom and then I stumbled into Chelsea’s room while she was advance reading for her subjects because she wasn’t into parties. I persuaded her into having sex with me because I’ve always had my eye on her and she gave in. For two weeks, we’d secretly meet during study hall and we talked and talked and talked. After that two weeks until graduation, I wasn’t able to see her again.”

“Then?”

“Then the rumors, can’t you remember the fucking rumors? A week before graduation, it spread that she won’t be able to graduate because she was pregnant. But all we did was laugh about it because who would get the straight-As nerd pregnant anyway. That night I called her and she told me to back off and never see her again then that was the last time I’d ever hear from her. Not until now, though”

“So you’re saying…”

Brian slammed his hands on the steering wheel, causing Matt to jump and back away from him, “Yes! That’s my fucking child out there, growing up without a fucking father because I was too arrogant and afraid of obligation so I just focused on making music. Chelsea tried calling me too but I rejected all of them because I was afraid she’d tell me what I was so terrified to hear. This feels so fucking bad, Sanders. I want to meet her, I want to know what she’s like, and I want to see her excel at everything she’s good at. I want to fucking raise her!” His palms turned red at how much he kept slamming the steering wheel, tears falling from his eyes.

He started picturing how Chelsea went through the pregnancy without someone to hold on to, to deliver the baby without a father, to explain to the kid every time why she didn’t have what they called a dad and her friends had one.

Brian so bad, wanted to patch everything up to start from scratch. But then, seeing how well Chelsea went through hard work to give Brianna a damn good life and at the same time be a mother and father to her seemed like him entering their lives would ruin the great one they already had.

He was too late already. He had to suck it up and continue to live his life.

Without Brianna.

Without his child.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was based from the song Half Life by Duncan Sheik xx Comments are well appreciated!