I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

The transformation and Frankie's house.

Pt. 2

I went to lunch. Nothing interesting there so I went home with a “stomach ache” so I could get started on finding my old clothes and dying my hair again and things of that sort. First I dyed my hair black again like it was before. It felt good to see that again. I looked for my old clothes. I found my band shirts and skinny jeans. Oh how comfortable. I still wasn’t satisfied so I went shopping in hot topic for the first time in almost three years. I found a gorgeous corset top. Black and red w/ tutu lace coming out of the bottom. Black with red lace over it. It came with arm warmers. I bought it and went home. By the time I got home it was time to go over to Frank’s house.

“What has gotten into your blood and curled up?” Sasha asked obviously seeing my corset and black skinny jeans.

“I missed myself and it just took Frank for me to realize it.”

“So you talked to Frank?”

“I’m going over to his house”

“I wanna come!”

“Well Gerard likes you so I don’t think they’ll mind.”

“What?”

“Yea. Frank told me so.”

“That’s fuckin' awesome!”

“Yea!”

“I’m going to go get dressed!”

“Kay” She ran upstairs and ran in my room without me noticing.

“Ah!”

“What?”

“You still have all, and I mean ALL your band T’s!”

“Duhyou!”

“Can I wear one?”

“Duhyou!…again!”

“Good to have you back sister!”

“Good to be back!”

She came down in my Smashing Pumpkins Tee shirt over a black long sleeve shirt and black skinny jeans just like me. We were only a year apart so we fit in each others clothes.

“I really have loved you this whole time you know that right?”

“Yea I guess I just didn’t like seeing you as a prep. It’s like my whole world flipped. I was left alone. I thought I would have had you to go through the mockery with but you changed.”

“Well I’m back now and happier than ever.”

“Ditto. Let’s go!”

“Right!”

We linked arms and walked out of the house after leaving a note for my mom and step-dad telling them where we were.

“He lives on this road!”

“Yea isn’t it cool?”

“Sha! What are you going to do when the bitches find out?”

“Punch ‘em in the face? I don’t know”

“What are you going to do when mom and dad find out? You see how they treat me.” It was true they always treated her like crap, and me like a princess. I felt sorry for her all the time. Well since I turned prep anyways.

“It’s been like this before they’ll get used to it again.”

“I sure hope so.”

“Yea me too.” We reached his house and my stomach went up in butterflies. I guess it was because he looked like my old boyfriend that died. That and I got braces were the two reasons we moved. I was teased all the time.

I knocked on the door hoping somebody would hear me. There was some serious rocking going on in that house. I liked it. Who I’m guessing as Mrs. Iero came to the front.

“Hello dear, sorry about the noise. Are you Frank’s new friend he was talking about all day?!” She yelled over the noise.

“If he’s been talking about Rylee then yes I am!”

“Yes your Rylee, nothing like he described but I guess you’re her!” I would explain what I had just done but it was too long to scream over the music.

“Yes I am!”

“Come with me!” We walked in behind Mrs. Iero and followed her downstairs. They were rocking pretty hard cause they didn’t notice that we had come in until a couple minutes later.

“Nice to talk in a normal voice again.” Mrs. Iero said in a relieved voice.

“It won’t—wow!”

“Hi!”

“Oh my God!”

“Hi” I said again.

“You are NOT the Rylee I talked to today.”

“Yea I am”

“Dude you talked to this chic today???” the person I remembered as Mikey said.

“Uhhhhhhhh…I think.”

“Duhyou! Of course it’s me!”

“Guys you know that preppy group that we seen today?”

they all mumbled yeses.

“This is one of them. The nicest looking one”

“no…way…!” Ray screamed.

“Yes way!”

“you didn’t change just for us did you?” Bob asked.

“No I used to be just like my sis here but I changed for mental reasons but I think I can handle it now.”

“Oh.” Bob replied.

Gerard was being alittle quiet. Soon I figured out why. He was staring dead straight into Sasha’s eyes and her in his.

“oOoOo look who likes each other?” Sasha blushed at Frank’s little outburst. I shot him a look. Not a bad one just a look.

“Your band sounds really good” I said changing the subject.

“Thanks but we don’t sound that good”

“Hell yes you do!”

“Ok, ok we rock but you said it first!”

“Ok I’ll claim the comment.”

Gerard and Sasha couldn’t stop looking at each other.

“Looks like were not getting anymore band practice done.” Mikey interrupted.

“Probably not.” Ray agreed.

“Let’s talk”

“Ok sounds good.” We popped in Nightmare Before Christmas and ordered pizza and talked.

“Your mom is awesome!”

“Sure she is.”

“I’m serious.”

“Yea I guess she is, but she can be mean sometimes.”

“All mom’s can.”

“Of course.”

By the end of our visit Sasha ended up in Gerard’s lap as predicted.

“Well we better get going. We might get in trouble.”

“Ok, see ya.”

“Hey, can you meet me at my house before you go to school. I’m scared of what those stupid people are going to do to me. They’re the killing kind. Seriously.”

“Sure, just don’t leave without us.”

“I promise.”

“thanks see ya later.”

“Yea see ya!”

“Bye Gerard!” a love-struck Sasha yelled.

“Bye!” A love-struck Gerard yelled back.

“I swear your gonna get in trouble one of these days. Just not today because Gerard is frickin’ fine!”

“Sha! But you can NOT have him!”

“How much junior high can we sound? I don’t like him as much as you do and I wouldn’t dream of taking him away from you. Besides-“

“You like Frankie! I knew it!”

“How’d you know that?”

“The same way you knew about me liking Gerard. I bet he likes you too. He looked overly excited to see you in those clothes and that hair.”

“Your right. I do like him. The concept of him liking me is doubted right now, but he did look kinda excited with the whole appearance thing”

“Duh!”

“You are an awesome sister!”

“You are too”

“I’m telling you it feels SO good to be back to normal.”

“Does that mean your going to stop straightening your hair?”

“Heck no! The ‘fro looks good on Ray not me!”

“You’re hilarious.”

“Duh!”

We arrived at my house. I kinda dreaded going in there thinking about the reaction I probably was going to get.