I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Problem in Ryleeville.

Pt. 20

We took a few more pictures that were totally awesome. Bekah wanted to be a photographer some day if I haven’t told you that already. We hopped back in the car and drove back to Frank’s house where Bekah dropped me off.

“Have fun!” She called after us.

“Sure thing doofus!” I yelled back.

“Those were some kick ass pictures. She’s really good.”

“Yea I know.”

“What do you wanna do?”

“Spend time with you…that’s all I want.”

“Aw…you’re adorable.”

“Thanks. Wanna watch T.V. or something?”

“Sure.” So we cuddled up on the couch and watched ‘Gilmore Girls’. Yes I made Frank watch ‘Gilmore Girls’.

“Why do we have to watch this again?”

“Because I’ve never seen this one before.”

“But it’s like a chick thing.”

“No it’s not. Ok yea it is but you wanna watch it don’t you…as long as you’re with me?”

“Sure.” I turned myself so I could hug him, and kiss him.

“I love you, sweetie.”

“I love you too.”

The next Monday.
I came home from school and actually went home for once in a while. Sasha decided that if I wasn’t there that she’d be bored unless she was totally alone with Gerard and that wasn’t likely to happen right at the moment since it was band practice so she just came home with me. She immeadiatley went upstairs and I was going to follow until I heard my mom and knew what, probably, had happened. She found out.

“RYLEE MICHELLE SMITH! WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS?!” My mom screamed, holding up a reciept. I forgot to throw the reciept away!

“What is it?”

“A reciept to the drug store. What were the results Rylee?” She asked calmly. I continued to inch closer as she held the reciept up for me to see. And, as I thought, it was the reciept for the tests.

“Results to what?” I tried to play dumb. It didn’t work.

“You know damn well what.”

Positive.” I mumbled.

“What?”

“POSITIVE! Ok? Happy now? They were POSITIVE! ALL THREE OF THEM!”

“No I am NOT happy! You are pregnant and what am I supposed to do? Well I think you know damn well what we’re going to do.” Then came the three words I dreaded hearing but knew they were coming. “WE ARE MOVING!”

“No mom what the hell?! You can’t make us move! I’m going to be eighteen…a legal adult and I can move out if I want to!”

“You can but you WILL be disinherited AND disowned! When we die you will have nothing and if you know what’s good for you, you’ll move because I’ll disown BOTH of you.” That’s it. I knew we were moving. I could care less about being disowned, but when it came to Sasha I couldn’t help but just…move. I couldn’t do that to her. This was going to tear her apart but I knew that if she was disowned she would never have a good life. Our parents had money. They just saved it up instead of spending it. We had to move.

“FINE!”

“Graduation day! As soon as the ceremony is over!”

“Just dandy!” I yelled as I ran upstairs as I started to pack, for Frank’s house, not moving. I couldn’t stand one more second in that house with that…that…woman!

“What’s going on?” Sasha appeared in the doorway.

“Go ask her!” I yelled a little louder than intentional.

“Sorry.” She muttered while going down the stairs. I sighed and waited for the would to burn down. I finally got enough packed for a week and went downstairs.

“What’s going on and where is she going?” Sasha asked mom.

“You don’t need to know all of it but we are moving on the day of your sisters graduation.”

“WHAT?! Why?”

“You don’t need to know.”

“YES I DO!” Sasha protested.

“NO YOU DON’T”

“MOTHER IF YOU DON’T TELL ME-“

“YOUR SISTER IS FUCKING PREGNANT!”

“She’s what?” She asked turning towards me and shooting daggers at me. I gave her a sorrowful look and glared at my mother.

“I’m going to Frankie’s. Sasha whatever you do don’t tell anyone. It’s better if no one knows.”

“I wouldn’t think of it! For all I know Randy got a job transfer!” She yelled at me. I felt like crying but held it back. I walked out the door and to Frank’s house. Before I could even ring the door bell Frank appeared in front of the door.

“Hey sweetie.” Right then I started to cry. My mom hated me. My sister hated me. I was moving and probably never coming back. I was being forced to leave my boyfriend and my best friends in the whole entire world. I was pregnant and was going to have to put it up for adoption. And worst of all. Frank wouldn’t be there to even help me through the pregnancy. “What’s wrong? You have suitcases. Do you need to stay the night? Are you ok?”

“No I’m not okay…I can definitely promise you that.”

“Tell me what happened.”

“I can’t really do that…I had a fight with my mom and it’s just really awful.”

“Aw baby come here.” He said pulling me into a hug.

“I need to stay here until graduation. Can I do that?”

“Sure, baby, anything for you.”

“Thank you.”

“I think you need some sleep.”

“You always know me so well.”

“Of course.” He lead me up the stairs and into his bedroom where I slept for the rest of the day and night. I woke up the next morning confused and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. My world was crashing all around me.