I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

2nd month.

Pt. 24
2nd month

I have begged and begged for Sasha to talk to me. She just won’t do it. I want to rip her head off so bad for not listening to me. I can’t feel anything baby wise. It’s only the second month though so I don’t think I should be able to.

“Breakfast!” Mom called. I hate her more than anyone.

“Coming!” I walked down the stairs and see pancakes. I grab a bowl of special K and start eating it instead, partly to make my mom mad and partly ‘cause I don’t want pancakes.

“I made pancakes. Eat those.”

“No.”

“Rylee…”

“No mom. You made me leave the people and home I love so the least you can do is let me eat what I want.” She just sighed and let me eat. I walked out to my car, got in, and drove to places that I didn’t even know. I guess I needed a job so that’s probably what I was looking for. Stupid to get a job now with a baby I know but I can’t stay at home. There is no way. I stopped at a coffee shop and checked in.

“Are you hiring?”

“Yes. Do you need a job?”

“Yea I do.”

“Do you know how to make coffee?”

“Trust me…I would have gotten killed by my friends if I didn’t.” She just laughed in reply and handed me some forms. I filled them out and handed them back. She looked around 25 years old or so.

“You’re pregnant.”

“What?”

“You are aren’t you? I know how it feels. I’m not being cocky I just recognized it. You act like it.”

“Yea I am.”

“Let me guess. Your mom made you move and your boyfriend is at home.”

“Yea…oh the accent.”

“Yea…you don’t have one.”

“Right.”

“Well I think your good for the job. When do you wanna start?”

“Now.”

“Did you get kicked out?”

“No but I wish I did.”

“You want to get out of the house. Oh I get it. Come on and I’ll introduce you to the workers.”

“Ok.” We walked to the back of the shop and I seen somebody I didn’t think I would see for a while.

“LUCY! OH MY GOSH! YOU WORK HERE?!” I yelled pulling her into I ginormous hug.

“YES!”

“I guess you know each other already.”

“YES!”

“Ok well this is Joey and this is Mary.”

“Hi.” I waved. They waved back and got back to work.

“Do you want to work now?”

“Not really but I will if you want me to.”

“No that’s alright. Lucy you’re off now. I’m giving it to you.”

“Thank you Jade!”

“Get out of here before I change my mind.” Jade laughed. Lucy and I linked arms and walked out of the coffee shop.

“So what did you talk about with Jade?”

“Something I need to tell you.”

“What?”

“You might want to sit down.” Lucy plopped down on the ground eager to hear what I was going to say. I laughed and continued. “I’m pregnant.” I said about to cry.

“No, no, no. Don’t cry. It’s ok. You moved here because of that?”

“I had to. I left at graduation. I left Frank there to be by himself until he finds another girl.”

“Oh Rylee. I’m so sorry.”

“No. It’s ok…I think. Lucy. I miss him.”

“I know sweetie. I know.” I started to cry again. The last time I did that I was in the car on my way here, but before that I had Frank there to comfort me.

“I miss him.” I repeated over and over. I went into fettle position hugging my knees. I started to rock back and forth. I was going insane on a side walk in England.