I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

4th month.

Pt. 26
4th month.
Still Rylee’s P.O.V.

The baby is starting to show itself. Lucy is taking me to the doctor. I wish Frank could but he can’t. I just figured that all this kind of stuff would go different. I’m starting to wish I never did this. I’m starting to wish that I had waited until marriage.

“Hello. Rylee Smith?”

“Yes sir.” I didn’t want to mouth off today.

“You are going to get the first picture of your baby today.”

“Cool.”

“It’s going to be ok…I promise.” Lucy rubbed my back. The doctor got the stuff out to do whatever he was going to do. He did what he had to do and I got to see the monitor. There it was. Me and Frank’s baby was right there on the monitor. I started to cry softly.

“You says here that you are going to put it up for adoption.”

“Yes I am.”

“Abortion isn’t an option.” Lucy piped in knowing my feeling about abortion.

“I see.” The doctor replied and kept going. Finally they had the picture and I could go. I hated going to doctors.

“Do you wanna know the sex of the baby?” The doctor asked right before I left.

“Sure.”

“It’s a girl.” My heart broke in two.

Flashback.

“Do you ever want to have kids, Frankie?”

“Sure I do…I want a girl…first…we have to have a boy too. to carry on the tradition of music.”

“You don’t think girls can play music?”

“Of course I do! It’s just my grandpa played music then my dad, then it was my turn. I just want it in male generation too.”

“Oh…”
End flashback.

Frank always wanted a girl.

Frank’s P.O.V.

I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings, with a hangover. I hurt so bad. In every single way. How could I do this stuff to me? I was wasting away, along with my best friend. I should be helping him quit but instead I’m encouraging it by doing it with him. We were ruining our lives.

“I have to throw up.” I mumbled getting up and finding the bathroom.

“We need to stop doing this.”

“Yea we do.” I mumbled after finishing. We finally sobered up and I could talk straight.

“I’m calling Rylee.”

“Good idea.”

Rylee’s P.O.V.

My phone started to vibrate. I looked at the caller I.D. It was Frank.

“Yellow?”

“Blurple.”

“Huh?”

“Blue and purple together.”

“Hey Frankie.”

“Hey babe.” It hurt to hear those words but I didn’t let it show.

“You haven’t called me since graduation.”

“I couldn’t bring myself to.”

“I miss you.”

“I miss you too. When can I come see you?”

“Five or six months is the soonest.”

“I want to see you so bad.”

“We have phone calls and the internet. I want to see you too. I just can’t for a lot of reasons that I can’t tell you.”

“I really wish you’d tell me.”

“If you trust me then you won’t make me tell you.”

“I trust you. I promise.”

“I have to go. I have customers. I’ll call you later. If I don’t call me back. I get off at 4 o’ clock.”

“Ok bye. I love you.”

“I love you sooo much! Bye.” I hung up not wanting to push it to tears.

“Who was that?” Lucy asked wriggling her eyebrows at me.

“Frankie.”

“Seriously?”

“Yea…we still love each other.”

“That’s great hun…go get that table.”

“Ok…” I trailed off…I was kinda happy now.