I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Gerard's phone call.

Pt. 44
Rylee’s P.O.V.

“Oh my gosh…” Lucy said behind me.

“I lost him to something that wasn’t true…” I said as I sat on the couch in a complete daze.

“Your stuff is on the porch…”

“He doesn’t know the truth.”

“He actually broke up with you.”

“He’s gone.”

“Watch him go back to Jamia.”

“He left me because of some crap somebody told him.”

“I can’t believe he really dumped you.” Lucy and I were both in a daze of unbelief.

“I have to find out who told him that…!”

“Huh?” Lucy asked.

“I have to find out who told him that crap!”

“Amen!” Just then the phone rang. It was Gerard.

“Hey, Rylee. I hate to tell you this after all that’s happened but I just walked into Starbucks and overheard Frankie talking…to Jamia…he hung up and told her that he loved her again. I don’t know what to tell you.”

“He broke up with me Gee.”

“Oh…I’m so sorry…why?”

“Some shit head told him that I cheated when I was in England…I haven’t dated anybody since Frankie. I love Frankie, Gee! I would never do that!”

“I know Rylee…I know. I wonder who told?”

“I don’t know…do you have an inkling of an idea?”

“All I know is that Sasha said she had to go visit somebody alone. She could’ve visited him yesterday but he was with you and she didn’t go ‘til today and he was alone today but she is your sister so she probably wouldn’t have told him that. She knows it’s not true so I don’t know.”

“I’d feel bad for accusing her…but I guess I should ask…”

“Yea…I would too but you never know with all the crap we’ve been through she was forced to but I don’t know…just go ask.”

“Ok…”

“Bye…love you Ry.”

“Love you too Gee…” We hung up and I was off to confro