Just Let Me Go

Wonderful Nightmare

Just stop thinking, Anastasia, you know what happens when you think. Nothing good comes out of it. So stop.
I can't though, no matter how many times I tell myself to, I just can't. I wipe the tears that slide down my face and force a smile. "It's Friday, you'll be fine....Don't worry." I whisper.
My hands graze the sides of my hips. I need to lose weight, desperately. Fat ass.
"Anastasia, you're gonna be late!" My mom yells up to me.
"Be right there!"
I grab my bag and with one last look in the mirror, I walk out of my room. My raven black hair flows down my back and bounces as I move. The mess of waves is "beautiful" according to many, but nothing about me is beautiful. Nothing. They all say my eyes are "amazing" because of their color--unique due to the fact that the color changes every once in a while. I don't think so, I've always wanted blue eyes anyways.
Without saying goodbye to my mom and her husband-to-be, I leave the house. I can't stand either of them. They act like they love me, but it's a whole different story. They're the reason I keep to myself. They're the reason I trust no one and hate myself. They're the reason that I have to try harder to stay alive when they should be helping me.
But nothing is ever that simple.

~~~Lunch Time~~~(I know, big time skip. Sue me)

I sit at my usual table in the back. No one sits by me since I'm reserved and, well, "fat". Yep. They all hate me, too. Hell, I don't blame them.
I lay my head on the table and sigh. It sucks being a junior and having to wait one more year to finally be free. If I even last that long.
Something skids across the tabletop and when I peek up, it's a paper airplane. Groaning, I open it. Wonder what they're saying this time.
"Hey, bitch, do us all a favor and leave this place. Forever if you'd like. -xoxo The Entire Junior Class"
I smile to myself. If only they knew.
A laugh escapes my lips as throw the paper away. Why not just grant them their demands? I'd love to at the moment, so why not? It couldn't be because of the fact I'm hoping there will be some form of improvement in my life, is it? Nope? Yeah, didn't think so. It's only because I hope to move when I turn eighteen. I'd drop communications with everyone (not like I talk to anyone), except my Grandma. I love her too much to just leave her in the flames.
"Excuse me, but are you alright?"
I don't bother lifting my gaze onto the boy in front of me. "Just peachy."
"Sure about that?"
"Yep."
"Well," he take a seat across from me, "if that were true, then you wouldn't be crying, now would you?"
Crying? I lift my hands to my eyes and sure enough, I am. "That's embarrassing."
"So, what's wrong?" I roll my eyes. "Hey, don't roll your eyes, missy. I saw that."
"Uh huh, whatever you say."
"What's your name?"
"Anastasia."
"I'm Victor, but I like Vic."
I nod my head. "Cool."
I hear more commotion and my head snaps up. Three more guys are making their way over. What. The. Flying. Fuck?
"Vic! Who's this beautiful girl?" A tall, thin boy asks while sitting next to Vic.
Vic smacks him. "Don't scare her away, I just got her hooked! Anastasia, this is Mike, my younger, and sometimes mentally challenged, brother."
Mike takes my hand and kisses it. "Pleasure to meet you."
The chair next to me is quickly filled by a boy with crazy hair. "Dude, Vic's right. You're clearly gonna scare the shit out of her if you keep doing that." When the boy smiles, I see dimples. He turns his attention to me, "I'm Jaime. And that boy over there," He points to the one that just sat down on the other side of Vic, "is Tony."
"Um...hi." I whisper.
"Oooo, she's a shy one, isn't she?" Mike says.
I nod.
"Don't worry, darlin', we don't bite. Well, Mike might, but I promise the rest of us don't." Jaime laughs.
I smile slightly. When I look at Tony, I'm greeted by brown eyes. Beautiful brown eyes, and a dermal piercing. He quickly looks away.
"Why so quiet, Tone?" Mike teases, "Cat got your tongue?"
"Shut up." He mumbles.
"He speaks! Hell yeah, Jaime that's twenty bucks!" Mike raises his hands in victory.
"You guys seriously took a bet on him?" Nice friends.
Jaime jumps up. "Don't think so, buddy, she just spoke! So therefore, I don't have to pay a single cent."
Mike glares at him, then focuses on Vic.
"So, Anastasia," Vic begins, "we were wondering why you're alone. Care to explain?"
I stand up and, with a sad smile, shrug. "Ask someone else, they seem to know more than me. I...I dunno. Bye."
I sling my bag over my shoulder and head to my locker. I like beating the early rush because of--
"Oh, Anastasia!"
The blood in my veins freezes. Only one person says my name like that. Lexie Rhodes. A person stands in front of me. Uh oh. Not the blockade....Not again.
Someone grabs me and shoves me into the girls bathroom. Shit.

~~~Thirty Minutes Later~~~

I press a paper towel to my lip. Blood seeps through most of it, but the bleeding has slowed down a bit.
I think.
With a swift hand motion, the towel is in the waste basket and I'm out the door. The bell rings for sixth period to begin. I should go...Haven't been there in, I dunno, two days? But who cares?--It's just study hall after all. I pop my hood over my head to try and hide the cuts and bruise.
"Anastasia, nice for you to join us, finally." My teacher, Mr. Sanders, announces. "Sit in the back, and no sleeping."
THe class snickers. I tighten my grip on my bag's strap and rush to the back corner. When I sit, my foot taps the ground rapidly. Nervous habit.
"Hey." The person besides me whispers.
Just ignore them, Anastasia.
"Hey, it's Jaime."
"Oh. Hey." I mumble laying my head on my arms.
"You okay?"
"Yep."
"You weren't in class last period."
How would he know?
"I had to switch my schedule around and Mrs. Liones said the seat next to you was opened."
Oh. That explains it.
"So...where'd ya go?"
I shrug.
"Okay....nice to see your shyness has crept back into play."
"Sorry."
"For what?"
For being a waste of space, for being a waste of oxygen, for being a sad excuse of a human being, for being a wimp. "Being shy."
"It's fine. Tony's a shy little bugger, so we're used to it."
"Oh."
"So, why were you late?"
I slam my head on the desk. "Whyyyy are you and Vic so persistent?"
"Must be in our blood or something."
"Fine then. I was late because of my reasons, which are very good, and they also don't involve you, so therefore I will not tell you."
"Please?"
"Listen, Jaime, I'm tired right now. It's probably not the best thing for me to do, but I want to sleep. So, I'm trusting you to wake me up if Sand head starts to walk. Can I trust you?"
"Sure can....IF"
"If what?"
"If you tell me why you were late."
Little shit. "I fell."
Good job Anastasia, lie to the boy.
My eyes close and I fall asleep....

When I feel a tapping on my shoulder, I wake up. I see the class getting up to leave, so I assume the bell rang. I rub my eyes, immediately wincing. God, my face hurts. I stretch, my hood slips off slightly.
"What class do you have next?" Jaime asks.
I turn towards him. "History. Why?"
"Good. Tony has it along with us. Let's--What the hell?" He practically screams.
My face. Fuckkk. I grab my hood and force it over my head. "Jaime, don't even--"
"Let's go. Now."
He grabs my wrist and pulls me to class. I sit in the back, again, with him. Jaime taps his fingers on the desk. "Tony. Here. Now." He orders the boy when he walks through the door. All I see over my arms are his legs. He's tall, but I don't think he's taller than Mike. "Anastasia, here, seems to have a problem."
"Jaime, shut up."
"No. Had her hood not have fallen off--"
"Jaime. Shut the hell up."
"--I would never have seen--"
"Jaime!" I snap facing him, "If you don't shut up I will fucking beat the shit out of you. Do I make myself clear?"
"Herfacelookslikeshit.Someoneclearlybeatherup,butsheliedtomeandsaidshefell." Jaime finishes in one breath.
Jaime reaches back and pulls my hood down. I look at Tony, and regret doing so.
His eyes show anger, sadness, and pity. I hate pity.
"The fuck did this to you?" He asks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's all I have tonight! If you like this:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND STUFF. I'd really appreciate it.
And also, any suggestions/tips/anything are welcomed. :)
Will update tomorrow/today haha.