Just Let Me Go

What's Wrong?

"Anastasia, ven aquí [come here]." Mama calls.
"Yes?"
I walk over to her, and she pulls me outside. "Ahora dime, niña, de Tony ha hecho su movimiento todavía? [Now tell me, baby girl, has Tony made his move yet?]"
I nearly choke on my drink. "What? No! God no!"
She sighs. "Ugh, boys. He needs to grow up."
"Mama, what are you talking about?"
"Nothing, go back in. Time for me to go."
She goes in, then comes out after saying her goodbyes. She hugs me, then leaves. What. The. Actual. Fuck? I stand there, speechless. Did she really just ask that? I sip my drink again. That's confusing. Or am I just drunk? This is my--what?--fourth drink?
"Anastasia, the party's going on inside, not out!" Mike shouts from the door.
"Just taking a break, Mike."
There's a pause, "What's wrong?"
"N-nothing. Why?"
"You stutter when you lie."
"I'm just confused about some things, just go back inside."
"No. We're gonna talk about whatever's confusing you."
"Not today, Mike. Lets not. Lets go back inside and party our asses off!"
I take his hand and try to go back in, but he pulls me back. "What's up, baby girl?"
"Strange, both you and Mama called me that."
"What'd she say?"
"She asked if Tony made his move."
"Ahh, so she knows."
"Knows what?"
He shakes his head and laughs. "Nothing, kiddo, just go back inside and party."
"No. You're going to tell me what you mean."
"I mean that she knows that Tony likes you, and she's probably shocked as much as us that he hasn't asked you out yet."
"Oh..."
"Yeah..."
"Lets go inside and party now, I don't want to worry about that!"
"You're my type of girl!"
He wraps his arm around my waist, then walks back onto the bus with me. People stare at us as we come up, but don't say anything. Instead, they go back to talking, drinking, or whatever else they were doing. I try to move, but Mike won't let me go. What the hell?
"Mike, let go of me. NOW."
"Not gonna happen, princess," he whispers in my ear, "You're mine tonight."
"I'm not joking, let me go."
His grip tightens. "Not happenin'."
Where's Vic? I need Vic. Or Tony. I shake my head. Not Tony, he may get upset at Mike. Okay. Think, Anastasia, think. Um...
Mike begins to converse with someone--I think his name is Matt--but his grip tightens all the more. He's hellbent on me not getting away. I look at the man in front of us with pleading eyes, but he completely ignores it.
"She's a rather pretty catch, man, what's her name?" The British man asks, eyeing my up and down.
"Thank you, this is Anastasia. Anastasia, this is Matt, you remember?"
I nod my head. "Yeah, nice to meet you...again."
"Pleasure is all mine." He winks.
So did Mike claim to have caught me? No. Uh uh. Not happening. "Mike, I'm gonna go get a drink. Okay?"
"I'll get it for you--"
I cut Matt off with a glare. "I'll get my own drink, thank you very much."
"Calm down there, honey, he's just being a good friend."
"Mike, I suggest you get your hands off of me before I punch you in the face. I am about two seconds away from doing that. Do you understand?"
Uh oh. He looks pissed. Actually, more than pissed. He's fuming. Fuck. "Was that a threat?"
Back down, Anastasia, just back down. "No, it was a pretty strong promise, Mike." Oh how lovely.
"Anastasia, can I talk to you?"
"Go ahead, Michael. Talk away."
"In private?"
I don't even get to answer before he pulls me into the back lounge. He slams the door shut behind him. When he turns around, I can feel the fear in me rise. Mike's fists are clenched, his eyes burning into mine. Shit fuck.
"What the hell do you think you're doing? Embarrassing me like that in front of friends!" He screams.
"What the hell am I doing? Check yourself Mike! I could ask you the same damn thing! What's with you getting all handsy? Hm?"
"I like you, clearly, what the hell do you think?"
"I think you're delusional, in all honesty. I DON'T LIKE YOU LIKE THAT. End of story. Go back and get drunk so you can forget this ever happened."
He rushes forward, pressing me against the wall. Why did I have to stand right next to that damn thing? "I dare you to boss me around like that. Do you not realize what I can do to you? Right now?" He kisses my neck. "Anastasia, you're beautiful, and if Tony won't nut up and take you, then I will."
Take me? What the fuck is he talking about?
He lowers his lips to mine, but hasn't put them on mine.
"Mike," I beg, "please get off of me. Please."
The door opens. Tony walks in with drinks, but drops them immediately. The look on his face makes me cry. It's between hurt, rage, and disbelief. Mike looks at him with a smug expression, then he straightens himself up and clears his throat.
"Sorry, man, I couldn't resist, and clearly she couldn't either."
I stare at Mike, my mouth hanging wide open. "Are you kidding me? You're a pig, Mike, a fuckin' pig. Get away from me!" I shriek punching his arm.
"Baby girl, don't act like you don't like me."
"I don't! Get away from me! I hate you, Mike!"
Tony just stands in the doorway. He's clearly torn--not knowing who he should believe. I sink to the ground put my head in my hands. Mike walks out, leaving me and Tony alone. My breath catches in my throat. Breathe, Anastasia, just breathe. No need to have an attack. Not one need. Okay, that's a lie. Just breathe.
Not working. I look up at Tony, he's just staring at me. Unsure.
So he's not going to help me...awesome. I lay on my side, facing away from him. Don't worry, it'll be fine. My chest heaves, my cries growing louder and desperate by the second. There's barely any oxygen entering my lungs. If I don't calm down, I'll for sure pass out. In, out, breathe in, and out.
A hand rubs up and down my side. I shrink away from the touch, but then I see it's Tony. He pulls me into his lap and begins to rock me back and forth.
He kisses my forehead. "Shhh, it's okay."
"N-no it isn't!" I cry, "Y-you don't know who to believe!"
"Hey, hey, hey. Don't say that. I believe you. Mike can get a little hands on when he's drunk, I'm sorry." He kisses my forehead again and again.
Finally I calm down. I lean against him, exhausted. It's my own party, and I get torn down. It's my own party, and I'm ready for it to be over.
"I think it's time for you to go to bed, don't you?" He asks when I yawn.
I nod my head. "Yeah. BUt you can go back out, I'll just sleep back here."
"No, I'll stay."
He picks me up and lays down on the couch. I cuddle up next to him, and lay my head on his chest. He pulls a blanket out of nowhere and drapes it over us. He kisses my forehead. "I love you, Anastasia."
"I love you, too." I whisper falling asleep.

I wake up to someone yelling. You've got to be shitting me!
"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" I scream, rubbing my eyes when I go into the main part of the bus.
Tony is glaring at Mike, Mike looks confused and hurt, Vic has his hands over his ears repeating, 'La la la la la la la I can't hear you! La la la...", and Jaime is sitting on the couch think completely stunned. I just stand with my arms crossed, waiting for an explanation.
"I SAID, WHAT is going on?"
"I told Mike what he did and was about to punch him in the face." Tony spits, still glaring at Mike.
Mike hands his head low, his fists clench, then release, then clench again, and keeps doing it. "I had no clue....Anastasia, I'm sorry."
"Whatever. I forgive you. Both of you need to shut the hell up, though, because I have a hangover and this is NOT helping me!"
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know. Sorry!!!

And yeah. Keep commenting!

I love comments!

And I'll "see" you guys Thursday!

LOVE YOU ALL!