Just Let Me Go

Stalker!

"TONY THIS ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE, GET YOUR ASS OUT HERE I GIVE UP!"
I hear Tony's laugh coming from the other side of the backyard. What the hell? I looked at every possible place when I was over there! He saunters out from behind the shed. A shit eating grin on his face. Bastard.
"Sh, the Fuentes's neighbors might not appreciate your mouth, little one."
"Hush, I don't give a--"
"I get to hide again!"
"NO."
"Yes!"
I rub my temples. I've had a headache all day and it's getting worse by the second.
"You feelin' okay?"
A smile plays on my lips. He always knows. "Headache, but I'll be fine."
"Come on, we'll play hide and go seek another day, let's go inside."
He wraps an arm around my waist and we both walk into the house to find everyone else. It's raining, so they didn't want to come out and play with us. Losers. The rain is fun to play hide and go seek in! I mean, who doesn't love getting all dirty and wet? Okay, that sounds wrong. Real wrong.
I need to stop the pervertedness in my head.
"NO, you guys are too wet to come inside." Vic says standing in the kitchen with his arms crossed.
"Well, we sure as hell aren't going to dry off standing out here."
"Ya'll need to strip down or something then, because if my mom comes home and finds your wet prints and shit on the ground, she'll kill you."
"Get me a hoodie and shorts and I will."
"Tone, what about you?"
"Just grab something from Mike's."
"Okay."
Vic leaves. I begin to laugh.
"What's your problem?"
"He's too serious sometimes, I can't take it."
"I would be, too, if I were him. His mom is like OCD about this house."
"How? The boys live here and they leave it a mess."
I turn and stare at Tony, waiting for an answer. A few minutes pass before he answers, "That is a good question."
"That's why I asked."
Vic comes back and tosses the clothes at us. "Here." He grumbles walking back into the living room.
"What's up his ass?"
Tony shrugs. "I have no clue."
"Detective Anastasia is on the case!"
I strip down and put the new clothes on quickly. I can feel Tony staring at me. Normally that would make me smile, but I can't get into mushy, I-love-you mode...I need to stay in I'll-get-to-the-bottom-of-this-shit mode. So bam.
Jaime sits on the ground, flipping through a magazine, Mike is staring at me, and Vic....
Well, he has his hood up, tightened to the point of not being able to see much of his face, with his front to the back of the couch. Oh yeah, something's definitely up.
"What's wrong?" I mouth to Mike.
He shrugs.
"Vic," I say walking towards the couch, "get your ass up. Me and you are talking."
"Shut up, Anastasia."
"Victor Fuentes, get your ass up now and I swear to God if you talk to me like that again, I'll punch you."
"Okay. Seriously, fuck off, Anastasia. I'm not in the mood to deal with you and your--OW WHAT THE HELL?"
Mike falls off his chair laughing. I just shrug (not like he can see it), "Told you I'd hit you."
"What the hell do you want to talk to me about?"
"Be nice. You're being a fucking grouch and it's pissing me off. What's your problem?"
"Melody!"
I rub his back. "What happened?"
"She hasn't responded to my message. IT'S BEEN THREE FUCKING WEEKS!"
"Calm down. Did you think that maybe she doesn't go on there much? Try twitter or some shit."
"But I don't know her thingy."
"Her thingy? Ohhhh that thingy. I bet I can find it."
"How?"
I pull out my phone and find the girl on Facebook. I check her profile and see that she posted something about her Twitter account. Oh, looky, here thingy's on here. What a shocker.
"Easily, it's right on her profile."
I show him my phone. He jumps up and hugs me. "MY GOD THANK YOU."
He stares at my phone while he pulls his out, and types some message on it. "Welcome, Victor."
Tony walks into the room, looking scared. "Is it safe from the moody child now?"
"It's clear. Detective Anastasia--"
"SHE RESPONDED! SHE RESPONDED!"
I look at Vic like he's crazy. Wait, he actually is crazy. Little shit.
"As I was saying....I got to the bottom of it. Girl problem. And he hasn't even met the girl yet."
"Oh Lord...."
"Tell me about it."
"SHE AGREED TO MEET!"
I smack Vic's leg. "Calm down there, kiddo. Who wouldn't agree to meet you?"
"Good point. Still, SHE AGREED!"
Mike leans up off the floor and wiggles his finger at me, motioning for me to lean towards him. "He's hoping to get some, it's been a while." Mike whispers, trying not to laugh. "A long while."
"I had a feeling. You could feel how sexually frustrated the boy is."
"I CAN HEAR YOU TWO!"
"So can I, and I'm not even paying too much attention the this whole ordeal." Jaime says, looking up from his magazine. "But yeah, Vic and 'get some' shouldn't even be mixed in one sentence. It never happens. Unless the girl's drunk."
We all start laughing, except for Vic. "I hate you all!"
"Love you, buddy."

"Do I look okay?"
"You look fine, Vic."
"Are you sure? I feel like my--"
"VIC YOU LOOK FINE!"
"..Okay. Sorry."
"It's fine. Do you really want me to wait with you until she gets here?"
"YES DON'T L--"
"VIC NEXT TIME YOU SCREAM IN MY EAR I WILL PUNCH YOU. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A DATE OR NOT."
"That's mean."
"Fine, I'll just leave you--"
"PLE--please don't! What if she doesn't show up?"
"She will Vic. She wouldn't do that to you."
"Okay...Thanks."
The vibrations going through this bench are annoying. All because he can't keep his leg still. I'm not going to complain, he's nervous. But this chick better hurry...Tony said he had a surprise. And I needed to be ready for that surprise at three.
It's two-thirty.
And I'm still in my pj's with a twenty minute car ride ahead of me.
I feel like a mother fucking sex kitten in this, let me tell you.
I'm like trying to contain myself from pouncing on Tony like a puma when I see him.
Me-freaking-ow.
"I see her!" He cheers quietly.
I look over and see a girl, roughly 5'3, gliding over. That's right, gliding. Not walking like a normal human being. She's a glider she's just that damn graceful. Her brown hair bounces slightly with her the curls she made, and she's kept her makeup simple. Good. Vic hates it when girls cake that shit on. A little black eyeliner never hurt anyone.
And her outfit...
I wish I wasn't such a bum, she's making me feel stupid. She managed to look casual, yet dressy, in faded denim jean shorts, a black cut off, and a grey beanie hat. Not to mention her combat boots, silver chain necklace, and purple ring. I love her already.
"Hey..." She says quietly.
"Hi."
I look between them both. Neither blinking. Oh sweet Jesus. "Uh...Hi, I'm Anastasia, Vic's friend. I'll see you guys later. Remember Vic, be home by midnight, my little pumpkin!"
Melody laughs at Vic glaring at me. "I hate you sometimes, Anastasia, I really do."
"Awe, don't worry, I thought it was funny!" Melody smiles. "I'm Melody, nice to meet you."
"Well, I'll let you kiddies go. See ya. Nice meeting you, Melody."
"Bye!"
I rush to my car. I'll only have ten minutes to get ready. Dammit. Damn it all to hell! All because I had to be nice....Vic will pay.
I put my phone on speaker and call Tony. No answer.
I call again.
"Sorry, was in the bathroom."
"It's fine. Where are we going tonight?"
"It's a surprise."
I sigh. "I just need to know if I'm supposed to look nice because there's no way I'm going to look nice in ten minutes."
"You had all afternoon, why wouldn't you...?"
"I had to take Vic on his date because freaking Mike was out and Jaime wouldn't answer. It's like they knew he wouldn't let me leave him. I take it we're going somewhere nice, then?"
"Ohhhh you had Vic duty, eh?"
"Seems like everyone knew this would happen...thanks for the warning, Tone."
"I'm sorry. I didn't know they were going to stick you with him."
"Liar!"
"Wait, are you driving?"
"No..."
"Anastasia."
"Fine, I am! But you're on speaker, and the phone is on the other seat. I'm not distracted."
"You're being very illegal. You know you're not allowed on your phone while driving in California!"
"I know! BUt it looks like I'm singing really loud! And just tell me if the place is dressy or not!"
"It's not. Don't worry about it. Just wear jeans and a tank top or something."
"Nice tank or....?"
"Nah. Don't need to get all dressed up."
"Okay, sweet! Uh oh, gotta go, there are cops ahead."
"Okay. Bye, be careful."
"I will, you, too. And Tone, don't act like you're not driving, I can hear the cars outside and your voice is distant."
"Damn. And here I thought I was being all sneaky."
"Nope! I'm a smart child!" I hear something in the background. "Wait...Tony, are you by some cops?"
"Yeah. They have this whole street blocked off or something. Why?"
"Same here...Honk your horn twice."
"Why?"
"Humor me."
The traffic stops moving and I wait.
BEEEEEPPPP BEEEEPPPP.
Holy jizz that sounds close. I look out my window and see Tony's car. I beep back. "I see you, kiddo."
"Stalker!" I scream through my laughs.
"Hush. Get off your phone now. Car checks. Bye, love you."
"Love you, too."
I hang up and wait patiently for my turn. When my car is checked, I hurry to Tony's and get ready.
Where is he taking me?