Just Let Me Go

Dirty Little Secrets, Dirty Little Lies

I let Vic link his arm in mine lead me down the stares. When he says something and laughs, I laugh with him though I don't know why. I look over my shoulder at Tony. He seems to be thinking. How can I tell? He's biting his lower lip, and his eyebrows are together. When he notices me staring (rather creepily, I might add) he waves. I stick my tongue out at him, which causes him to smile. Good. I don't like seeing people that are nice to me sad.
When I turn my head around, Vic gives me a look. "What?"
"You, Anastasia, are an odd one."
By his face that doesn't mean a good thing. Shit. What'd I do wrong? How did I--
"No, no, no! I don't mean it badly!" Vic quickly reassures, "It's awesome."
I nod. Maybe he's just trying to pull me up so they can cut me down later on? That must be it. But...why am I willing to risk that chance?

~~~Tony's P.O.V.~~~

We stop walking. Vic turns his head and does some weird head motion. I think he wants me to help him. But I don't know how. I've never met anyone that's like me, yet so different. She's quiet, but loud. Shy, but outgoing. Here, but not at the same time. The only difference is, you can see pain in her eyes when she lies. Had it not been for that, I'm pretty sure even Vic wouldn't be able to tell if she were lying or not. That's how I even know, and I suck at knowing that. That's why so many people lied to me at my old school--because it was easy to. That's why--No. I'm not going down that path right now. Right now, I need to help Vic.
I make a few motions with my hands. He nods. My plan is known. I scoop Anastasia up bridal style and begin to run to the living room.
"Tony, put me down." She whispers.
"Telllll me you love me!" I yell.
"Never!" She laughs.
I put her in the fort, but straddle her waist. "Tell me!'
"Nooooo! Get offff!" She whines.
I begin to tickle attack her. Her laugh is...I don't know. I can't describe it! What the hell is happening to me?

~~~Anastasia's P.O.V.~~~

Tony keeps tickling me. He's going to get it. I can promise you that! I try to "fight" back, but he pins my arms under his legs. I wince. Ow, ow, ow. Wait. I hope he didn't--
"Shit. I'm sorry." He says frantically. "Did i hurt you? I'm sorry!"
I shake my head. "It's fine, your knees are just putting a lot of pressure on my arms." Good girl, what a lie. THAT won't make him think something else is up--did you see the way he stared at your arms as you left the bathroom? Way to draw more attention to them, dipshit.
His brows furrow. "But my knees aren't even on them."
Remind me to bang my head against a porcupine later. I look down and see what part of his leg is on me. "Well then, your shins are. Something hurts."
"What does?"
"I told you, my arms because of your legs."
"Sure that's it?'
He's challenging me. "Yes, sir."
I finally look past him and see Jaime glaring. "Why the hell are you two so fucking loud?"
Mike lies besides him nodding his head with his eyes closed. "Oops, I think they were sleeping, Turtle."
Tony groans. "Not you, too!"
I stick my tongue out at him. "I'll only say it everyonceeee in a while....when I'm feel like teasing you like this."
"oooo, she's gonna tease you, Tony!" Jaime wiggles his eyebrows suggestively. "Vicc, did you hear that?"
He doesn't answer.
"Vic!"
When he doesn't answer again, Tony gets off of me so I can go find him. Where could that child have gone? He's not in the kitchen, he didn't wander downstairs, and he's not in the sunroom. I travel up the stairs and see the bathroom light on.
"Hey, Vic? Whatcha doing in there? The guys were starting to get worried you got eaten by a troll or something." I stand in front of the door. He sits on the floor with his head in his hands. "Vic? What's wrong?"
He holds up a blade. "This. THIS is what's wrong."
"What's that?"
"Don't act stupid, Anastasia."
"I'm not....what's the big deal about that? Where was it anyways?" Bottom drawer, back left corner.
"It doesn't matter. Tell me it isn't what it looks like. I hate seeing people go down this path."
Play it cool, Anastasia. "What path? What are you trying to say? That I cut?" No shit, sherlock. He sure as hell isn't accusing you of being Santa Claus.
"Listen, don't get upset with me, I'm--"
"You're what? Trying to piss me off? It's working, Victor."
He smiles. "Awe, you know my full first name!"
"Shut up. Don't change the subject."

~~~Vic's P.O.V.~~~

Damn. She's straight to the point, isn't she? "Normally people would like a topic change."
"Remember? I'm 'odd'."
And smart. She's using my words against me. "Listen, I'm sorry. I just found it weird that you ran up here for so long then came out looking more nervous than ever. Then I found this," I wave the blade, "in a drawer. Hidden."
"I use it to sharpen my eyeliner. I don't like snapping the tip off every single time I use the sharpener that came with it, so I just detached it and use the blade like a knife as you would a regular pencil."
I can't tell if she's lying or not. Dammit. You have no clue how frustrating that is. BUT, there's one thing that won't lie..."Just for argument's sake, lift your sleeves a little. That shall determine your fate, young one."
She does without hesitation. I only see two scars, and they're old. "I didn't like the way it felt." She explained.
I nod and smile. "Good. You shouldn't, it's a bad addiction."
"You did before, didn't you?"
I nod.
"I'm sorry that you did. Everyone says it's a dark road."
"It really is."
She helps me up. "Sorry."
I take her hand. "Don't worry, it's cool."

~~~Anastasia's P.O.V. (yeah I know, a lot of perspective changes)~~~

He thinks I'm fine. But he didn't see my hips and a little bit of my thighs. I don't want to hurt him by letting him find out. I don't want him to worry about me. I'm fine.
We play video games until eleven in the morning with Tony, Jaime and Mike are passed out. I win most of the games, but I think they went easy on me. Like REALLY easy. So easy, it's ridiculous. I think...either that OR my practice of sitting home for hours upon end playing these games made me incredibly good. For the guy's sake, let's go with the latter.
Mike groans when his phone goes off. "ARGHHHH!" He checks the screen and slams it down. "Perra tonta is calling me too fucking early in the morning!"
Vic pokes him. "Tis the life of a taken boy."
Mike punches his arm. "Cállate ahora."
I giggle. "Quién orinó en su Cheerios esta mañana?" Tony, Mike, and Vic's jaws drop. "¿Qué?"
"You know Spanish?" Mike gets out.
I nod. "Yeah..."
"That's impressive. Are you even Spanish?"
"What do you think?"
"I'd say yes, but I have a feeling you aren't."
I smirk. "You're good."
He winks. "I know." With a sigh, he begins to all back the person. "If this bitch doesn't answer,I'm going to kill her. She woke me up so--Hey, Princess! How'd you sleep? Good. What's up?" I watch him nod. "Uh, no I'm not home. I'm--No--" I watch him grow frustrated, "Dear God will you shut up?" He shouts. "No! I'm not fucking cheating on you! Jesus, Lexie, will you?" He slams his phone down. "Fuck she is annoying!"
Lexie? As in...Lexie Rhodes?
I feel the color drain from my face. There's no way...there can't be. Mike looks at me. He's worried. "Hey, you okay?"
I stand up. "I think I'm going to be sick." I whisper running to the bathroom.
I barely have time to lift the lid before I start to puke. My nerves get the best of me sometimes. Someone comes behind me and holds my hair out of the way while rubbing my back. After a minute, I flush the toilet and lean my head against the counter next to it. So cold.
The person behind me drops my hair, and I hear him getting my toothbrush ready. He sits in front of me. Tony.
"Here." He holds it out. "I know you probably want to get that tasted out of your mouth as soon as possible."
I nod, gladly taking it. He waits for me to finish. Instead of standing up, I just turn to the toilet and spit. I flush again, and toss my brush into the sink. With a swipe of the hand to make sure nothing's around my mouth, I smile. "All done!"
He pulls me to his chest. "You feeling okay?"
"Yeah. Just a little overreaction that happens sometimes. No big deal."
"Okay...good. Mike gave Lexie your address so she can pick him up."
"Lexie who?" I feel the sick feeling rising. Calm down, it probably isn't--
"Rhodes."
Okay it is. Panic now. I turn back to the toilet, getting sick again. I'm fucked. I'm royally fucked. I can't tell them about Lexie. No way. That'd just complicate things. I don't like complicated things. I can't let her know I live here, either. I bet she'll find a way to hurt me here, too. I thought this would always be a safe place for me. But it seems like she'll be able to reach me.
"Anastasia, what's wrong? You're crying."
"You have to tell Mike she can't come here. Not her."
"Why, what's wrong?"
He pulls me to his chest again. I begin to cry harder. "She just can't. Please don't let her!"

~~~Tony's P.O.V.~~~

Something is very wrong here. Why doesn't Anastasia want her to come here? Granted the girl is a complete bitch, but she's Mike's bitch--she has been for quite some time now, I guess.
"You have to tell me why or else Mike will completely dismiss this."
"I-I can't! She just can't come here! She can't know where I live."
"Why?"
"She just can't! Please, Tony, don't let her."
I look down at the girl in my arms. She's in hysterics, her breathing is labored, and I can just tell she's broken. But why? I pull her in closer and whisper in her ear, "Listen, you have to tell me something, just a little reason. One that you won't have to explain. It'll be okay, calm down."
"Sh-she," I can feel her shaking now. Please don't have an attack of some sorts, please don't have an attack of some sorts.
"Listen here, sweetie. Calm down." Okay. This isn't working. "Vic!" I call.
Two people race to get up here. The first being Jaime. "What's wrong, cariño?"
"Move, Jaime! I was the one who was summoned!" Vic says pushing past him. "Oh, Anastasia, what's wrong?"
I look up at him, "You have to tell Mike that Lexie cannot come here."
"Why me? And why?"
"I don't know, she hasn't told me why yet. I can assume that something bad happened between the two due to her reaction of Lexie's last name."
"What was the reaction?"
"She got sick again, and then...well, this, along with her saying over and over that Lexie can't come here."
Mike stands behind Jaime. "What the hell happened? Why can't Lexie come?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't as good as the other chapters. I'm still kinda tired, though I got five hours of sleep (woot woot!).

Comment if you like, subscribe, even, hellllllll even recommend if you feel like it!