The Mess I Made.

Two.

Emilia

After checking up on the Hale house yesterday I came home to mourn and talk to my mom. By the time I was done I ended up ordering chinese food and watching romance movies on Netflix like the loner I am. So today I decided to actually go shopping for groceries with no distraction. I parked in a lucky space I found at the front and walked in causing a blast of air to hit me momentarily. Suddenly I was very thankful that I'd put my hair into a braid.
My heels thudded against the linoleum as I walked across the store which, for the most part, was rather deserted. I grabbed a basket and leaned against the handle, lazily steering with my elbows. Ten minutes into shopping and I had salmon, chicken, and asparagus in my basket while I continued to look through the veggies.

"Why can't we just order pizza- oh my gosh dude look!"

"What?"

"Dude, are you blind? That girl is gorgeous!"

I froze with the corn in my hand, inspecting every kernel as if it were the most interesting thing I'd ever scene. I wasn't being cocky by assuming they were talking about me, I just happened to be the only girl in this aisle… well there was this none old lady with a mustache behind the meat counter…
I sighed and finally turned placing the corn into the bag with the asparagus. When I looked up my eyes met with a young boy thickish black hair. I was spiked up in the front as if he was trying to style it, but it was far too short, a little above a buzz cut, and he was quite pale with timid, brown eyes. The boy beside him was tan with more curious brown eyes, or maybe it was just the fact he was looking me up and down curiously. I sniffed a bit and stiffened again, he was a werewolf too, but who turned him… Derek couldn't have, but with his family dead he may be an alpha.

"Uh hi I'm Stiles."

I hadn't even realized he'd come up to me.

"Um I'm Emilia, Emilia King." I said, giving him a small smile.

I looked back to the boy behind him, his expression of interest wavered as he realized he was now obligated to introduce himself. He awkwardly waved before introducing himself as Scott McCall. I told them I'd just moved recently, and Stiles began talking a mile a minute about all the great things there are to do around here. I giggled and bit my lip to hold back a smile and he paused looking at me curiously.

"What?" He inquired, rubbing his neck that his blush slowly creeped up.

"You're kind of adorable, but I lived here my whole childhood and moved to New York the summer before my sophomore year. I know everything there is to know… well except for what happened while I was away…"

I chewed my lip in annoyance and bent down to grab some spinach, carrots, green beans, tomatoes, and bell peppers. They both watched me longing to ask me questions as I drug the basket behind me to the fruit.

"Ask away."

"Okay, Why did you leave?"

"And what did you mean by what happened while you were away?" Scott added with scrutiny.

I left because the boy I fell in love with didn't fall for me.

"My mom was transferred to the NYPD, and one the house I spent majority of my life in was burnt down with all of my childhood friends and family in it."

"Derek, Derek Hale. You know him, like the younger him?" Scott asked, amazed.

Stiles' eyes widened considerably and I could feel my hear flutter at the sound of his name.

"Yes, how do you know him?" I inquired, brows furrowed and head tilted.

Derek was always friendly so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been tutoring them or coaching them in some sport. Maybe he was just a friend to them.

"Well Derek has the tendency of popping up in my room and choking me or choke slamming me into my wall. He has he other tendency of threatening my life or ribbing out my vital organs so I am quite familiar with him." Stiles said bitterly as he took his own personal walk down memory lane.

I gaped at him, that didn't sound like the Derek I knew at all. He had his moments when he got tired of being around younger kids, but he'd never do any of those things. But your whole family dying can turn you into many different things and change your personality into a completely unknown one.

"The Derek I knew was sweet. He was chivalrous, kind, handsome, he wasn't very patient, but-"

"That part hasn't changed." Stiles said with a nod of his head.

Suddenly Scott's eyes grew big as he looked at me.

"I've seen you before!" He exclaimed, immediately covering his mouth after the loud outburst. He grabbed Stiles' arm pulling him in closer.

"Remember when we went to that house and the lady showed us the picture of the Hale family when Derek was younger. She's the little girl that was standing with them!" He said in a our and rushed whisper.

I smiled remembering that daily photo, the Hale's had invited my mother and I to their house to take a group photo. Derek and I had argued majority of that day and I complained he whole time because I didn't want to stand next to him because he was being a jerk. That was the day our parents told us we were going to get married in the future and we thought that was the grossest thing we'd ever heard. Eventually I wanted that to come true, but along came a spider named Kate…

"So you're an Alpha?" Scott inquired in amazement.

"My mother was the alpha, but she had her powers taken by another alpha before we moved to New York so I became an alpha when I was fifteen."

"So you and Derek are Alphas so you can't join his pack."

I was once again shocked by this news and left with nothing to say causing Stiles to smack Scott in the back of the head. How had so much changed in six years?

"She doesn't know that yet, dumb ass. Okay, Emilia, let's all exchange phone numbers and we can meet up one day. We'll tell you what we know and you can tell us what you know. Okay?"

I nodded, it sounded reasonable to me. I pulled out my phone and put in their numbers then put mine in theirs. They left soon after and I continued my grocery shopping thinking about Derek being an Alpha and the smell coming from my neighbor's door. All the things I didn't know about this town anymore were stunning to me. Finally I finished my inner ramblings and grocery shopping. I loaded everything into the back of my range rover then slammed the trunk shut. I hopped int and drove back home listening to Cinematic Orchestra to keep my mind off of the unknown. Once I reached my apartment I noticed I'd left a empty cardboard box in the back seat and I used it to fill it with groceries and carried the box up the stairs because my patience wore thin with the elevator. Once I reached my door I dropped the box to the ground with a huge sigh. Then my neighbors door opened. For the second time today I froze as stared at my past. In front of me stood Derek and his uncle Peter, and I could feel the alpha pheromones coming from them.

"Emi?"

My eyes widened at the nick name and I quickly gathered my stuff and slammed the door behind me, leaning on it for support because just that quickly Derek took my breath away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emilia King
Emilia's Mom

BUM BUM BUMMMMMM! Did anyone else watch teen wolf last night? I'm calling two things here and now : Derek's love interest is the english teacher for one and two, the darach or whatever it's name is, is some type of mythological forest creature.
If I'm right I am awesome, but I wanted to let it be known that I thought about it so I could prove to other people that I am awesome. ANYWHO Comment, recommend, and subscribe!
Love ya,

Gabriella.