The Mess I Made.

Three.

Third Person

Derek furrowed his brows in confusion from the other side of the door. He'd been staring at it for an hour now as if Emilia was going to run out and into his arms at any second… , but she hadn't. He could hear the clanging from the pots and pans as she began to make dinner. Music played in the back ground and he smiled faintly imaging her dancing around her kitchen like a small child. That had been exactly way she was doing thinking that maybe should drown his scent away from her door with the aroma coming from the salmon in her oven or the vegetables she stirring around in the pan, but her attempt was futile. So she danced around the kitchen pretending she didn't miss him one bit, and also knowing that was the biggest lie anyone could have ever told. Meanwhile in the Stilinski house Stiles sat on his bed staring up at the ceiling in a daze thinking of the girl he'd just met. He knew she was too old for him, and far out of his league, but thinking never harmed anyone. Had it?

"Derek, you do realize standing there is not going to make her open the door." Peter stated more than asked.

He stared at his nephew in annoyance before sighing and walking back into his apartment. He really felt as if he needed to give Derek a lesson on women and emotions because he really didn't think Derek felt as if he'd done anything wrong when he'd done one of the most terrible things you could do to a girl. Break her heart. Derek felt his annoyance rising and he was honestly contemplating ripping the door off of its hinges. Before he had the chance to do anything a voice on the other side spoke up.

"Go home, Derek. I don't want to see you."

Emilia knew it was a lie just as much as Derek, but still he respected her and left her alone. He walked down the hall with his head between his hands. He was temped to rip his hair out now because he knew now that'd all those years ago he'd made one of the biggest mistakes in his life, but he planned to fix it.

He just didn't know how.

Emilia

It'd been one week since Emilia had seen Derek, but she'd smell him everyday. He'd been visiting his uncle a lot more despite his uncle's complaints. He would come in and waver by my door on his way to Peter's apartment and sometimes he'd even sit outside of my door. So I'd been inside this past week, avoiding him with all that was in me. One day I almost gave in and sat on the other side of the door with him on the other side. It was pitiful I know, but I couldn't help it. We didn't say anything to each other, I think we del as if someone would leave if the silence was shattered by a voice. So we sat in a comfortable silence until I stood and went into my room.
I wanted out today though, I was going crazy being pent up in my apartment all day so I texted Scott and Stiles. Stiles had been texting me non-stop since he first sent me a text two days ago. He was quite…. entertaining, and I knew I needed to keep a distance because I was far too old for him. But still Scott and Stiles seemed to be the only people I knew now. With a pitiful sigh I slipped on my left combat boot, leaning forward to tie the strings. We'd agreed on meeting at the Beacon Hills Café for coffee and breakfast, and to talk about what I had missed while I was away.
I slowly crept up to the door, sniffing for any signs of Derek, and crept out when everything seemed clear. I heard a door creak open and turned back to see Peter standing in his doorway shaking his head. He pinched the bridge of his nose then looked up to me.

"He's made you feel trapped in your own apartment, ugh I told him to walk away, but no, no one wants to listen to Peter. He's just the psychopath uncle that got killed and came back to life. I'm pretty confident that means I have more life experience than him."

I stood with my head tilted to the side in confusion, and slowly backed up and away from Peter. I had a feeling he was trying to stall me so I ignored his complaints and scurried to the stairway. once to my car I blew out a sigh of relief and drove the familiar road. It was amazing how nothing seemed to change in Beacon Hills while at the same time, everything had changed.
Scott and Stiles were sitting in the corner of the café chatting animatedly only pausing to look up at me once I reached the table. I sat and laid my head on the table thanking God for the sweet salvation of getting outside. Stiles and Scott gave me incredulous looks and I just shook my head.

"I ran into Derek when I left the store and since then he's sat in front of my apartment door for hours. I haven't been outside in a week. I missed the sun." I said, exaggerating causing the pair to laugh.

After joking around a bit we got down to business and they began to explain what had happened all the years in a short manor so I could ask questions. Stiles sat up, glanced at Scott wearily, then turned back to me.

"Not long after you left Kate Argent convinced some people to set fire to the Hale house while Derek and Laura were at school. Everyone died except for his uncle, Peter, he was left unresponsive in a nursing home. Killings were going around Beacon Hills and turns out it was Peter getting revenge on all the people who burned down the Hale house. Peter finally killed Kate and actually killed Laura because she got in his way then Derek killed Peter. Then Derek bit our friend, well he's not really our friend he's actually a douche bag we took care of because we're nice guys, but he turned into a kanima and went on a rampage killing people because he was controlled by another douche bag psychopath named Matt. Then Kate's dad Gerard came here and was being all evil and what not so he killed Matt and got control of the kanima then tried to kill us and beat the crap out of me, he's stronger than the average old man so don't laugh Scott. Derek and Peter, who was brought back to life by Lydia using Derek on a full moon, killed Jackson. Immediately he came back to life as a werewolf then he moved to London. I think that's it, is that it Scott?"

Scott nodded, and I began to chew over this information. It was mind blowing, how could Peter kill Laura? Everything seemed like a different world. I didn't have any questions for them though because I knew there was only one person who could answer the questions I had, and that was Derek.

"Oh yeah," Stiles said sitting up a little straighter,"Derek's also a super sour wolf who is entirely too impatient and does not understand my amazing sarcasm. He also has a pack, but two of them ran away recently to who knows where. The only one he has left is Isaac."

I chuckled at Stiles.

"Derek means well behind all of his intentions, he's just never been taught how to work well with people even when we were little." I said smiling reminiscence.

Scott looked at me in wonder.

"What exactly happened between the two of you?" he inquired with brows furrowed.

I blushed and looked down at the table avoiding their eyes.

"I had always had a crush on Derek, and when he started dating Kate we didn't hang out as much. He tended to avoid me actually. So I tried to bear with it and enjoy the time I did spend with him, but it just took too much of a toll on me. My mom had just gotten a job offer from the NYPD and she was so excited, I took that as an excuse to run away. I told him that I was going and that the real reason why I was leaving was because I could't bear watching him and Kate together, … but he didn't say anything. He turned around and went into the house without a word to me, and since then we hadn't seen each other, well until after the grocery store." I looked up to see Stiles and Scott with mixed emotions on their faces. Mostly astonishment and anger.

"How do you look at someone who just admitted they love you and walk away?" Stiles said in anger.

"For the girl who set his house on fire…" Scott added.

"Its fine guys, I mean he didn't know she was going to do it yet, and love makes us do crazy things so-"

"That is not an excuse." Stiles said, practically growling.

I looked at the boys with a small smile. They really were good guys, and I knew they meant well, but I knew what I was getting into when I told him about my feelings. So why did I still feel this way? I had feelings toward Derek that were good and bad, but I couldn't express them. Thats's why I felt so strongly about avoiding Derek. I hated that I loved him and I hate that I still love him. I hate that the feelings won't go away no matter what I do. I hate that I never dated after he let me go.

"Emilia, are you okay?" Stiles asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, why?"

"You're crying."

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

After I broke down at the café I decided I should go home. I went into the apartment and leaned against the door sliding down until I finally hit the floor. The silence engulfed me, and I realized I must've made a mistake coming here. Old feelings were coming back from unwelcome, dark places. I wanted to run away again, but my mom did a lot for me to get back here so there was no going back now.
A knock against my door rang through the silence and his smell flooded my nose. I put my head between my hands hoping that maybe he'd leave on his own, but he only knocked again. i bit back a groan.

"Yes, Derek?"

"Emi, let me talk to you please?" He asked, using the nickname I hated the most at this moment.

"Derek, I really don't want to see you."

"Do you hate me?"

"I hate what you did. I hate that you walked away from me without a second glance. I hate that your smell brings up the feelings I've had locked away from so long, and I just hate… I hate that I can't stay away from you."

"Then don't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Emilia King

I am enjoying leaving cliffhangers haha but it's only cause Jeff Dvis throughly pissed me off yesterday by killing Derek then bring him back to life but then again I was happy cause I was RIGHTTTTT I knew Derek liked the teacher!!!
But I'm done bragging! COMMENT/SUBSCRIBE/RECOMMEND!!
I'll try to post sooner guys!!

Love,

Gabriella