Status: Yes, an Oli Sykes Fan Fic! In progress!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

Here in this world I'm awaked with mistakes.

I found myself doing the same thing I did the night before. Fooling around, shooting up, wasting away. My euphoric state didn't last long that night. And all I could do was lay in bed and stare blankly at the ceiling. At one time, laying in bed with a person was a relaxful thing. Feeling a person's head on my embrace was soothing. Feeling them breathe... in a way, I missed it. I truly missed that life where I didn't feel disgusting and useless.

Disgusting. Disgusted. That's how I felt right now. I didn't want this life. I didn't want to do this anymore! I jumped up, not even alarming the sleeping girl. Fuck this. I'm tired of this life I lived. It wasn't the life I was meant to live. I grabbed my shit and quickly left the hell hole I kept coming back to. Walking out of this was the first step to my recovery. I was not going to look back. Nor come back to this again.

******************* Seven Months Later

Five months. Five fucking months. It felt like eternity. Recovering from heroin was not an easy task. It was complete hell and the withdrawals were horrible. I would not wish this upon any human. But once the progress set in and I put my sight just on this, I was slowly recovering from my addiction. I even took the most hardest step and emitted myself to a Rehab center. It was one of the strictest of places, with dead set rules. Curfews at eight, every night. No visitors, not like I'd get any. Daily therapy sessions and constant watch.

But I was strong and I did it. Those five long months were totally worth living through. As soon as I got out, I searched for a job. Luckily, I had no record of my problems nor was I ever arrested for possession. Finding a job was not as easy as it used to be. Plus, one look at my back tattoos and nose/lip piercing, alot of people refused me. But my look stated who I was and I was not about to change. But one place I was sure I'd get a job. Hot Topic. The most cliche job for a girl like me, but hell, I wouldn't mind the benefits of the job.

I was hired within a week. Working there was fairly easy and the people I met every day were pretty interesting. I was finally coming out of my shell and not being so introverted. There was a smile on my face that I never thought would come back. I even became good buddies with a short haired and fiery girl name Monica. We usually worked together. Soon I found out she had a apartment and needed a roommate. And I was in desperate need of getting a better home.

Within two months of my recovery; I had a job, a place to stay, and a friend. Things were looking up for me. I never thought back to my time as a heroin addict. Or as a girl with problems. I am so grateful for the turn around I had. I got to turn a new leaf and create a better life for myself. Not a thing most druggies could say.

Of course I told Monica of my past. I couldn't lie. And her being the most amazing and understanding person ever, she still accepted me and cared. I was no longer alone.

******************

It was nine p.m, closing time for the shop. Monica and I had agreed to blast some music we enjoyed and clean up the place. We were itching to get out and talk, since we really never have time to talk while working. We had gotten news today that some popular band was coming to our store for a Meet and Greet. This excited both me and Monica. We loved music and we couldn't wait to meet this mystery band! It would be our first time meeting a band!

Finally finishing up, we clocked out and left the store. I felt Monica excitedly hit my arm in a playful manner. "Ohmygawd! I cannot wait till this band comes!"

I smiled. "I can't wait either!"

"I wonder who it will be...and if the guys are cute!"

I nudged at her. "If they are guys. The band could be nothing but females!"

Monica squealed and linked her arm to mine. "I bet it's all guys! And you're going to flirt with at least one."

I shook my head in disagreement. "I think not."

"I think so. You have not dated in forever. Stop being so old! I will force you!"

I believed her. Monica may have looked small and feminine, but this girl was capable of anything. Sighing in defeat, I agreed with her. "But I'm just flirting. Nothing else! I hear stories about falling for band boys. You become a groupie then you end up in the lime light."

Monica struck a random pose. 'Oh, I sure hope that happens. I need some fame!"

All I could do was snicker and roll my eyes. Life was good for me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm really sorry this chapter was so short and the time kinda flew past. But I didn't want my poor Scarlett a druggie forever. She's to good for that! I'm just anxious to lead up to a certain band coming to the store! Here's a little twist, there's also a surprise band coming in as well! I know this is really just a bad teaser, but I promise it will get better!