Status: Yes, an Oli Sykes Fan Fic! In progress!

What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces?

But do you think we can start again?

I hated talking to this therapist. I wasn't suicidal. At least, not anymore. Jumping off that bridge was just a one time thing. It's not like I was going to get so depressed and just make it a habit to jump off a bridge. Hell, I wasn't even trying to kill myself! I just wanted emotions and memories to go away. It just annoyed me that this lady was speaking to me as if I were a child. I knew I needed to let people know how I felt. And I knew I shouldn't jump off of bridges. I got that. Just a few more hours and I was out of this hospital.

I had been in this place for a few weeks and quite frankly, I was ready to leave. I hadn't really gotten any sleep while staying here. Thoughts interrupted my sleep and the nonstop bustling of people in my room made it sorta hard to get any good sleep. But Monica made my stay a little less excruciatingly boring. And even if it was weird having Oli and his band mates in my room, it was kind of soothing to have some laughs. I really needed their awkward humor.

Oli wanted to reconnect our friendship. But it was hard to be around him after so many years. I really was trying though. I figured if we could reconnect as friends and work through things, I could move on. All I know, it was going to be one hell of a ride.

************

It was so good to be home and in my own bed. For the past couple days, I had been in the comfort of my bed, enjoying the sleep that easily came to me. I missed the security and warmth it held. Mandatory bed rest wasn't to bad right now. But knowing me, I'd get restless soon. But bed rest was only for a week, and it had been at least four days since I left the hospital. Nobody bothered me. They all just let me sleep. I was used to working and it was strange to be in bed all day, but I'm not complaining. After the events I've been through, this was what I needed.

There was a knock on my door. "Scarlett?"

Oli? How the hell did he find out where I lived and how did he get in? Monica was at work. I got up and opened my bedroom door, looking strangely at Oli. "How in the world..."

Before I could finish, Oli spoke up. "Monica told me. She also told me where the spare key was."

"Oh."

We both just awkwardly stood there staring at each other. Then I remembered I had something to tell him. I pulled him into my room and pushed him to a chair. I then sat on my bed. "I have rules before I officially agree to attempting at being friends."

Oli cocked an eyebrow. "Rules?"

"Yes. Rules."

He shrugged. "Okay, then tell me them."

I let out a breathe. "Well, to begin with, don't make promises you can't keep."

"Ok."

"Secondly; just because you're in a band, doesn't mean you have to be an ass." Oli rolled his eyes. "I'm serious. Band boys think they're so hot and cool because they're in a band and they get big headed and arrogant."

"That's being stereotypical."

"It happens. And also, I don't want to hear how amazing you are at singing or screaming...or whatever you do. Bragging is annoying." I went silent and tried thinking of more things to list off, but I couldn't. "That's it."

"As idiotic as those last two demands were, I will follow your 'rules' you have set." He used finger quotations for rules. 'Now, get dressed. I'm taking you out to coffee."

"No!"

*************

The years may have past since I was around Oli, but he was still the same old persistent and stubborn shaggy headed boy I remembered. But taking me out of my hermit crab of a room was probably a good idea. And coffee sounded pretty yummy right now. Hospital food was gross. And they only let me drink water. Wankers.

I had tied my hair in my signature red bandana and a typical band tee with skinny jeans. We had found a local Starbucks around the corner from the apartment. I ordered a White Chocolate Mocha, Oli ordered tea. Before we could even sit down, he was surrounded by screaming teenagers. I watched as he smiled and signed autographs. He looked slightly nervous, but continued to goof around with his fans. After awhile, the fans went away and Oli sat down.

"Sorry 'bout that."

I gave him a small smile. "It's fine. You looked pretty happy."

"Yeah, my fans mean a lot! And they're so supportive. I'm definitely gonna work hard these next few weeks and on tour to finish this album I've been working on."

I could see the shine in his eyes as I listen to him talk about his fans and music. It reminded me of the old days. At least now, it didn't hurt so much to remember those days. "Remember when you first started screaming. You sounded so funny!"

Oli snorted and almost spit out his tea. "Bloody hell, I sounded like a whiny bitch!"

I giggled. "You know, I haven't even heard any of your songs."

He looked at me as if I were stupid. "You work at Hot Topic, yet you never heard of my songs? How does that even happen?"

"Well, maybe I've heard some of your songs. I just never looked at the playlist we had playing."

"That's about to change!"

Oli grabbed my hand and pulled me up. We began to run somewhere. I had no idea where. We finally approached a big tour bus. "Home sweet home." He dragged me inside and showed me around. The bus was pretty spacious and had everything the boys needed. He finally sat me down on the bottom bed of one of the bunks. Grabbing a laptop, he went to Itunes.

"That's kind of lame, having you own music on Itunes."

Oli gave me a goofy grinned and began playing his music. After an hour or two of listening, he finally stopped playing the music. "What do you think?"

"Not going to lie, you sounded way better in There Is A Hell. I can't really explain why."

"The first albums were more so my angry and party days. but There Is A Hell held more emotions for me."

I wasn't going to press him about the albums. I didn't feel like we were that far in our friendship for him to really tell me. "I can tell. I like There Is A Hell."

After that, going to Starbucks was a habit. I'd get to see him sign more autographs and then we'd talk about music. Music was one thing we both could agree on and talk about for hours. I even got to know his band members more. They were all shy at first but after awhile, they became more open. But I was trying not to get to close to any of them, I knew they'd be leaving soon.

************

Me, Oli, and Monica were all watching a movie his our living room. It was a typical friend type of thing; popcorn, soda, pizza, and candy. Oli's band were watching movies with us, but they all grew tired and went to bed a few hours earlier.

Monica yawned and stood up to stretch. "Well kids, I'm out. I got work in the morning. Night." She waved and made her way to the room.

Me being alone with Oli would have been weird a few weeks back, but now I was used to being around him. All my old feelings had been pushed back and I had developed my friendship feelings for him again. It was great, I'm not going to lie. Being able to stay up late with Oli again and do these things together was the best thing ever. And having Monica included sometimes was even better.

Oli flicked a popcorn kernel up at me from the floor. "You know I leave soon."

I wasn't really looking forward to him leaving. I was getting used to us being friends and I didn't want him to go so soon. I didn;t want the other guys going either, I enjoyed their company. They made going to the park fun. "I know." It was all I could manage to get out.

"Having this short hiatus has helped me realize thins and with that, I have began writing some stuff. This tour should be pretty interesting." He looked up at me with those eyes.

'What are you trying to hint at, Oli?"

He gave me that crooked smirk of his. "Me and the boys were thinking that you and Monica should go on tour with us." The drink I was drinking ended up coming out of my mouth and all over Oli. I knew Oli was waiting for an answer, even after we finished cleaning him and my mess up. "Well?"

I had a hard time forming words. "That's a huge thing to ask of me."

"I don't see why it's so difficult to give me an answer."

Honestly, I didn't want to see him go again. And a part of me wanted to say yes. But there was a part of me that screamed no, that it was a bad idea. "It's just... it's going to be a long tour, I'm sure..."

Oli sighed. "If you don't want to go, tell me."

"It's not that I don't want to..." I watched as he pushed himself off from the floor and made his way to the door. "Don't go, Oli."

He looked back at me with longing eyes. "I just got my hopes up, is all."

"Well, let me talk to Monica and see if she wants to go. I'll tell you the answer tomorrow?"

Oli gave me a big smile. "Please think about it tonight. It'll be a good experience." He took a giant step over to me and gave me a hug goodnight.

Deep down, a part of me stirred and it took everything to ignore it. His hugs still felt as great as they did four years ago. I watched him go, walking with pep in his step. I just hoped the decision I was going to make wasn't a stupid one that I would regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a bit slow. I seem to be making them fast paced, and I'm sorry. I don't really like dragging things out to much though. I just hope this is an okay chapter! I liked to thank I'mDifferent for helping me with this chapter! She gave me the idea to have Oli ask Scar to go on tour! So I personally dedicate this to you! I'm probably gonna take a nap for a few hours. I've used up all my creative juice today and wrote quite a few chapters!