Status: Update 2-3 days. Please comment and don't be a silent reader!!

The Tale of Constance Hasting

Chapter 4- Rayne Marlow

My eyes opened. For once I was having a dreamless sleep, but I got the feeling someone was watching me, causing me to wake up. My eyes scan around my new room. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary but I still feel afraid. Could it be the monsters coming to take me away?
I pull my blanket to my chin and count to ten with my eyes closed. Once I reach ten I slowly open my eyes.

Sitting in from of me is a girl. I open my mouth to scream but she stops me.

“I’m not going to hurt you!” She shouts as she stars at me in panic. I stare at her in fear. She has a bluish glow around her. Her skin is a pale white much like a ghosts. Her hair is pale blonde and her eyes a dull brown.

“W-who are you.”

“I’m Rayne Marlow, well I use to be that was until I was killed in a car crash. You must be Constance. Boy are you the talk of the afterlife. For the last twenty-six years that’s all I’ve heard about. ‘Constance should be born soon. I can’t wait for Constance to be born, or my personal favorite. Constance will set us free.” She ranted causing me to frown at her. Rayne Marlow, I’ve heard of her before, was it in a dream?

“Why would I be able to set anyone free?” I asked as I stared at her. She stared back before jumping up and floated over towards my window; she pulled the curtain back and stared out into the forest.

“You know he’s out there waiting for you. They both are.” She spoke in a somber tone. My body froze and fear set in once more. They were out there.

“What do they want with me? Whose waiting for me?” I stuttered out causing her to turn and stare sadly at me.

“One good and one evil. I’m not allowed to tell you anything else you’ll have to be the one to solve the mystery. Reading your uncles book I guess is a good start but what you really need to do is venture out into the woods. Follow which ever path you think is right. He won’t let anything hurt who regardless of the path you chose.”

Before I could respond she was gone, evaporated into thin air. I stared at where she had been standing before standing myself and walked over to the window. Standing just within the tree line was him. His eyes glowed red and his smile caused my blood to run cold.

He was here. The forest was where he always killed me. Why would that ghost girl--Rayne-- want me to even go near the forest? I stared at him, my feet frozen in their place. He slowly stalked towards me, slow and taunting. My heart was beating faster, I could hear my blood rushing in my ears. He was now just feet from being underneath my window.

“Constance.”

I tried to scream. I tried to turn and run from my window but I couldn’t. I felt his voice like ice water being poured over my entire being. I was truly terrified and there was nothing I could do.

“I’m coming for you Constance.” He hissed.

“Leave.” A demanding voice boomed all around. Hearing the sound of the unknown man made me feel safe. I watched as the monster snarled and vanished into thin air.

“Sleep Constance. You are safe.”

I soon found myself pulling the cover back over my body and falling into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update, me mum had a birthday so I went and spent the day with her. So what do you guys think about Rayne? Should she be in it more or not? Comments and feed backs are very appreciated and wanted! Thank you to everyone who does read this you guys rock :)