Status: I'm currently still working on this book and will add to it as I experience it. Thank you so much for reading! Feedback is welcome. :)

They All Say Things You Want to Hear

The Beginning.

Staring into the mirror I wonder to myself, "What have I become?" Here I am, a single Mom, almost a quarter of a century old, I have no education, no real job experience (at least none I can claim), and over all, no future. I have spent the better part of my time as an adult partying, sleeping, and chasing down the men that don't want me and breaking the hearts of the ones that do. I'm a mess. A beautiful mess.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes and scroll through my missed calls and texts. One from (Name), she's my best friend, a missed call in the middle of the night from (Name), that's nothing new, and the usual half dozen or so professions of love from (Name). (Name) and I got together shortly after my high school sweetheart chose a life of drugs over my son and I. He's a great guy, has a good heart, and tries, but he's lacking in almost every necessary department. He lives at home with his Mother...just his mother...and I won't specify his age but it's not anywhere near appropriate to be living at home. Secondly, he's at the same second rate job he's been at since he entered the workforce with little to no chance for advancement. Let's couple that with his selfishness, inability to mature, and completely opposite schedules and you have a recipe for hatred. I fell for him at a time when I was extremely vulnerable having just come out of a near decade long relationship with the father of my child. (Name) was the first man who was nice to me, who took me out, who bought me nice things. These were all novelties to a girl like me who had spent the prime of her life with a boy from the trailer park who couldn't even afford a happy meal. I soon matured, the novelty wore off, and needless to say we ended things. Officially anyways. That always seems to be the way it goes with my boyfriends.

Now it's been about six months, I still see (Name), but I am actively seeking a man who has all of the things I desire. What are those things you ask? Wealth, power, success, intelligence, pedigree, and complete dominance. I need a man, in every sense of the word. We've all heard the old adage about men "Men are like parking spots, handicapped or taken." That brings me to the first encounter I had with a married man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Opening. Add names.