Status: I'm currently still working on this book and will add to it as I experience it. Thank you so much for reading! Feedback is welcome. :)

They All Say Things You Want to Hear

Will

I read an article the other day. It was about online dating and how it is no longer taboo, and where people most often meet each other online. You would think the top answer would be one of those sites we see on commercials, you know the ones, eHarmony, match.com, but no, the number one online spot for adults to meet one another: Twitter.

I joined Twitter a few days before the first big game in our city. I wanted to be able to live Tweet the game and post photos, maybe network with some other fans. Little did I know that I would be bombarded with a following of men. In my line of work I am used to being the object of desire, in fact, that is my job sometimes. I made sure not to make any mention on my profile of being a model so as not to attract the wrong kind of followers. However, throughout my time on Twitter I went to several different jobs and tweeted about them, so in time, my followers figured out I was a model. Some of them even doubted the fact, but those haters will only get this brief mention.

It was when I returned from a gig with Playboy that I got an e-mail inviting me back and asking me to go to another city to work as well. I was so excited and tweeted about it, of course. This tweet captured the attention of a random follower of mine. I had never spoken to this man, nor did I know how he came to follow me, but on this day he DMed me a note of congratulations. I didn't think much of it and was polite and gracious, but didn't really think of it other than that. This was at a time in my life when I was done with dating. I had spent the Summer obsessing over Lincoln and why he didn't want me, or did he? Or didn't he? I never knew with him. After a handful of awful dates and no connections, I just threw in the towel deciding that if I were meant to be in love, it would find me. Until then I would remain a nun in the convent.

The next day Will DMed me again and we talked off and on all day. We had a lot in common. We liked the same music, the same books, we were both single parents, and writers. I still wasn't feeling any kind of attraction to him, though his attraction to me was increasingly evident. He asked to meet me, and I told him no. I was very honest. I explained that I had not had the best experiences dating, and I didn't want to subject myself to any more. He assured me that he was not a "boy" but a "man" and would not be like all the others. Again, I cannot say this enough, they all say things you want to hear.

We decided to meet at a city park, more so for my comfort because we did meet on Twitter after all. I had no expectations as this man was everything I did NOT want in a man. Divorced, over forty, not quite wealthy, kind of had a geeky look to him, but hey, why not? Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Last time I'll do that! We walked along a path and had a pleasant conversation, but once we took a seat on the park bench things turned. I was a ball of nerves, and he kept trying to be physical with me. No, not in the sense of sex, or even kissing, but wanted to hold me, have his hands on me, etc... and this made me even more nervous and slightly uncomfortable. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

As I drove off, I knew the "date" had not gone well, but being the nice person I am I still made an attempt at pleasantries with this man only to be met with harsh backlash. He told me that considering all things there was absolutely no future for us and so he ceased to have a reason to still talk to me. He then proceeded to unfollow/unfriend me on every social network he had been so adamant about stalking me on. This was now my second experience with a man, over forty, who was employed by one of our local TV stations. Apparently it is status quo to write off anyone that isn't serving you. Funny, if I wasn't so offended, I'd probably adopt the same manner of thinking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Add a few more details.