Status: Trying to update every other day if I can! Give it a go xxxxx

ABDUCTED

Un

"I'm not hungry."

I'd been protesting for days, weeks, probably months, but she never listened.

"We could get ice cream..."

Em was just so stubborn; she never listened.

"No."

At first, I thought she felt sorry for me. It wasn't romantic passion that gnawed at her flesh like... it didn't matter anymore. Everything had been fine until the memories started coming back.

I'd met Emily on a fluke. It had been a rainy night, late night. I'd just left my office and hailed a cab home, as I'd felt too lightheaded to drive that morning. At approximately the same time, a delicate, dark haired young woman, shivering under a wilting umbrella, hailed the same cab. We'd agreed to share, got to talking... and before either of us knew it, we'd been dating eight months. She was twenty five, a journalist, and an Aquarius. Such frivolous and irrelevant things seemed to matter so much then. I was happy in my own forgetful bliss. I prospered in my ignorance.

"Will, you have to eat." She said, wrapping an arm around my waist. I pulled out the car keys, ignoring her completely.

"Maybe later."

---

I twitched in the tacky green and white checkered booth. Emily had won like always, so here we were. Pretending things were okay over ice cream. We were always pretending. I didn't know why she was dating me anymore. Next week would make it a year. Next week would also make it four months since the memories had started trickling back. A year... a whole year... she'd say, beaming. She'd had a bad track record when it came to relationships, and, considering she hadn't left me yet, said something. I should have let her go, but it just didn't seem right. She wanted to be with me - it was her own choice. Still, I couldn't imagine why. I'd just been getting worse to deal with.

We'd been to this place dozens of times, but I couldn't even remember what I ordered. I let Emily tell the waitress something, I didn't care. I wasn't hungry. My mind kept clouding over, a frustrating jumble of documents, photographs, dates, screams, blood...

Snap out of it, Will.

A teenage waitress eventually placed something down in front of me, causing my breathing to stop in the center of my throat and my stomach to twist unbearably. Blood dripped from the sides of the dish, pooling on to the table. A still pulsating, but severely punctured heart beat on mockingly, challenging me to stay, challenging me to take a bite...

"Em, I don't want it!"

My vision blurred with tears as I came crashing down from the hallucination. A dish of strawberry ice cream sat sadly in front of me, while several people stared.

I exited the booth as my stomach began betraying me further, taking off at a full sprint for the men's room as I felt myself beginning to vomit.

I ate him... Oh god, I ate him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Got a bit of inspiration this morning, decided to write! Title is from the song Abducted by Cults, which I quite like and would even more like to incorporate into this story further, if I can! Please keep reading, I'll keep writing. (Or trying!) xxxxxxxxxxxxx