Status: Title is subject to change

Baby Carlile

She's Mine, Isn't She? Yup.

I sat under a tree with Austin as Lacey ran around the jungle gym.

“She’s mine isn’t she?” Austin asked quietly.

“Yup,” I sighed.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Austin asked and I heard the mixture of hurt and anger in his voice.

“I was scared. I knew you were going to be famous with one band and I didn’t want to hold you back,” I said shakily.

“Hey, don’t cry,” Austin said and grabbed my hand and made me face him. “You didn’t do anything wrong, although I would have liked to be in her life. But I can be in her life now can’t I?” Austin asked. I nodded vigorously and Austin pulled me in for a hug.

We sat snuggled up against the tree until Lacey got tired and snuggled between us. “Mama, Austin is my daddy isn’t he?” Lacey asked as she looked up at me and leaned into Austin.

“Yes he is,” I nodded and Austin kissed the top of her head.

“Are we going to be a family now?” Lacey asked hopefully. I looked at Austin for an answer.

“Will you go back out with me Fayette Caden Barakat?” Austin asked.

“Of course,” I answered and Lacey squealed. Austin pulled me in for a quick kiss, since we were in a public place; a children’s park no less.

“Mama, can Daddy spend the night tonight?” Lacey asked as she clung to Austin’s arm.

“If he wants to,” I shrugged.

Lacey sent Austin a pouty face. Her eyes were the same brown as his and she had the same lips and same long physique. “Of course I’m gonna spend the night,” Austin said and kissed the tip of Lacey’s nose. "How about Daddy brings you and Mama for ice cream,” Austin winked and I rolled my eyes. Lacey squealed in excitement and ran towards the car, her long legs carrying her quickly.

“Have you heard her checked for Marfan’s syndrome?” Austin asked as he linked his fingers with mine.

“What?”

“The disease that killed my mom and affects me,” Austin said.

“I haven’t. Oh my god, that slipped my mind, she could have it too,” I said and started to tear up. “My baby,” I whimpered. Austin unlocked my car so Lacey could get in and then pulled me to him.

“You need to calm down, I don’t want you to have a panic attack. We’ll take her to the doctor soon and see if she even has it or not. Maybe she’s just tall like you,” Austin shrugged. I nodded and got into the passenger seat since Austin had stolen my keys.

“Ice cream!!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this even good?