Status: Update whenever I can (mind you I'm a lazy piece of shit)

Something Like Family

Chapter One

“Welcome to Hierarchia Boarding School, please sign your name on the register and collect your map and schedule.” The woman holding the clipboard at the door wore a welcoming smile, which contrasted greatly with the rain pouring down upon the manicured grounds of the school. Castiel smiled at her briefly before turning back to the four lines infront of him, leading up to four desks at the end of the room. Four pieces of paper clearly indicated which line belonged to which house, and Castiel pulled his suitcase towards the queue marked ‘Angelus’. The throng of the arriving students pushed from the oak double doors, causing him to be nudged into the girl infront of him.
“Oh, I apologize.” He said as she turned around, panicking slightly. It wouldn’t go too well if he managed to make an enemy on the first day. Castiel quickly relaxed as he saw her smile.
“It’s fine, honestly!” She held out her hand. “Hi, I’m Anna.” Castiel took her hand and shook it gently.
“Castiel Novak.” Anna had long red hair which was neatly tucked behind her ears, falling over a slim-fitting coat, jeans and black flats.

Letting go of eachother’s hands, they stepped forward in the line, which was moving faster now. Anna looked around the room and laughed quietly.
“They really went all-out on the interior decorating didn’t they?” Castiel followed her gaze, and he had to agree; the whole place looked like an English manor house.
“Yes, I agree.” He was worried his answer came out sounding annoyed, but truth be told he was incredibly nervous about coming to Hierarchia. He wasn’t especially good with people, although he found himself warming up to Anna. She was just about to say something when the guy infront of her walked off with his papers in his hand, and she was asked to come forward.
“Hello and welcome to Hierarchia.” The man sitting at the table looked tired as he handed Anna a map and asked for her name.
“Anna Milton.” She replied, accepting a timetable and a room key. The man pointed towards two double doors on his left, one of which was propped open to reveal a carpeted staircase leading upstairs. Before walking away, Anna glanced over her shoulder at Castiel and smiled, mouthing a ‘see you later’.
“Next. Hello and welcome to Hierarchia. Here’s your map.” He took the sheet of paper from him and cleared his voice before speaking when the man asked him for his name. One look at the small paper on the desk infront of him told Castiel that this man’s name was Mr Edlund. Accepting his room key, he was told to go to the staircase to the left and find his room on the third floor up.

The wheels of his suitcase sank into the dense red carpet as he walked away from the loud front room, peeking up to the top of the stairs. There seemed to be three floors going up, leaning over eachother in a square balcony formation. The sounds of excited students slowly dimmed away as he reached the balcony, getting closer to silence. Carrying on upwards, he came to the second floor, which had doors spanning three of the walls. The fourth wall, opposite the staircase, had three large glass windows reaching from the floor to the ceiling, red curtains hanging loose at the sides. Castiel walked upwards another floor, where the noise started to build again. He heard loud laughter and music coming from open doors, and the sound of beer cans popping open. Sighing, he realised he’d reached the floor where his gender would be staying. His blue eyes scanned for a door that was marked ‘Tanzanite’. Finding it to his right, he rolled his eyes at the fact that this place actually named the rooms. Sliding his key into the digital lock, he entered the room and let the door swing shut behind him, throwing his papers on the small wooden desk by the foot of his bed. The room was average size, and he liked the view his window had across the grounds. A single bed was pushed against the wall to his left, and a comfortable-looking armchair sat infront of a fire to his right. Chuckling to himself, he sat down, closing his eyes and letting the heat of the fire dry his wet boots, the bottom of his jeans soaked from the rain. A small part of his brain wondered if maybe, just maybe, he’d be comfortable here. But that idea was gone as quickly as it had come, when he heard a knock on his door.

Sighing, he stood up and opened the door cautiously, finding a boy his age standing infront of him.
“Hi, my name is Zachariah, I’m Head Boy of Angelus.” He stuck his hand out, but Castiel just stared at him until he withdrew it. “I just came to welcome you and check if you’re okay.” Zachariah had a somewhat pompous air about him, and Castiel took an immediate dislike.
“I’m perfectly fine, thankyou for your concern.” He tried to contain the sarcasm in his voice, but the Head Boy must have got the message as he thrust his chin up in the air. He was about to say something when a kid shouted across from the other side of the balcony.
“Hey Zach-y why don’t you take that stick out from up your ass and leave the poor guy alone.” Castiel couldn’t help but smile, watching as the two boys cracked up in laughter, Zachariah practically stomping down the corridor. He watched as the two boys straightened up, and started to shut his door when he heard the boy call to him. “Hey, dude, don’t leave.” Castiel stopped for a moment, before sticking his head out of the door. “Come hang out with us.” The guy had brown hair, and was wearing jeans with a black hoodie and converses.
“I promise we don’t bite.” The blonde guy next to him smiled, motioning with his hand. Castiel considered staying inside in the comfort of his four walls, but decided that it would be good progress to get to know someone on the first day. His mother had always told him not to be afraid of people. His mother...his face softened as he reached for the key card on the desk, sliding it into his back pocket as he closed his door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the first chapter! To all you Destiel shippers Cas will meet Dean possibly in Chapter 3 I'm not sure yet though. Thanks for reading ^-^ xx