Status: Update whenever I can (mind you I'm a lazy piece of shit)

Something Like Family

Chapter Two

“Hey, I’m Gabriel, and this is Balthazar.” The guy with the brown hair stuck his hand up for a high five, which Castiel slowly returned.
“I’m perfectly capable of introducing myself Gabriel.” The one that must have been Balthazar said, shaking Cas’ hand firmly.
“I’m Castiel.” The two other boys smiled, Gabriel jumping back into what Castiel assumed was his room.
“Well stay with us for a bit, Cas. Do you mind if I call you Cas?” Balthazar slung his arm around Castiel’s shoulders, tugging him along even though he visibly stiffened at the close contact. Walking into Gabriel’s room, Castiel could see it was just like his, except the floor was already littered with clothes and hundreds of candy wrappers. Balthazar let Castiel go, and without guidance he froze in the middle of the room. Gabriel already had his laptop booted up, and he and Balthazar were watching something that was apparently incredibly hilarious. He didn’t want to know what they were watching, suspecting the worst from people like them. Unsure of what to do, Castiel remained standing. Gabriel looked up at him.
“Come sit down kiddo. Relax, we won’t hurt you.” He patted the space next to him, and Cas hesitantly perched on the side of the bed. It had already managed to gain a stain that smelled like alcohol and a sticky patch of a Maoam. Or at least that’s what he hoped it was. Noticing how tense he was, Balthazar turned the screen around to face him. They were watching...cat videos? Suddenly, Gabriel and Balthazar erupted in laughter as an unsuspecting kitten got pushed into a bathtub full of water by a dog. Castiel joined in, the light atmosphere making him feel more comfortable.

They didn’t realise half an hour had passed until they heard a knock on the door. Looking up, they found Zachariah in the doorway, a scornful expression on his face.
“Zach! What a pleasure! This could only mean that it’s time for lunch!” Gabriel burst out, jumping off the bed in fake enthusiasm.
“For once in your life you’re correct, Arguto.” Zachariah disappeared from the doorway but Gabriel skipped after him, clutching his hands to his chest.
“You know my name! Sweet heaven above there is a God!” Balthazar pushed past him into the balcony area, Castiel following him and shutting the door to Gabriel’s room. In the hour or so they’d known eachother, Castiel realised he’d never laughed as much as he had with two boys he’d never even seen before. This thought consoled him as they walked down the stairs. They’d reached the bottom of the stairs when he felt someone tap his shoulder.
“Hi Castiel!” It was Anna, now without her jacket, he noticed.
“Hello, Anna.” He smiled, happy that she’d genuinely meant the ‘see you later’. Not that he was ‘interested’ in her. He was sure this was only a friendship, and he was happy with that. She held her hand up for a high five, which he returned, more confident than when he first arrived.
“How’s your room?” They followed the crowd of students outside of the building and down a path which lead to something that looked like a hall, but he wasn’t sure.
“It’s better than I thought it would be. How about you?” She rolled her eyes and put on a snobbish voice, imitating someone.
“Lunch is at twelve-o’clock sharp, and I expect you not to make any noise after eight at night. Lights must go out before eleven-o’clock otherwise we’ll be having a talk.” Castiel smiled at her, already fond of her personality.
“Who is that dreadful person?” He exaggerated his disgust in a way Zachariah would.
“Naomi. Head Girl my ass. More like bitchiest bitch to ever bitch.” Seeing Castiel’s face, she raised her voice. “It’s not funny! She’s horrible! I mean honestly who insists that ‘there should be no running in the corridors and only one person per room’.” Her accent came back at the end, and Castiel couldn’t help but laugh. He started to feel comfortable with his surroundings as he entered the hall with Gabriel and Balthazar infront of him and Anna at his side. Three friends was a good start.

On the other side of the hall, the students from Mortalis house had decided to come in through the side door, which wasn’t as crowded. Dean Winchester pushed his way to the front, declaring that he could smell pie. At his friend Jo’s laugh, he turned around, pretending to be offended.
“I have a nose for these things Harvelle.”
“Yeah, keep telling yourself that.” She slapped him on the back as he pushed her into Ash, who was just about to sit down at one of the tables.
“Are you going to start another bitch fight or eat? I’m starving.” He said, grabbing two burgers from the plates in the middle of the table. There were eight tables in all, polished wood gleaming under plates and cutlery. The whole thing somewhat reminded him of Harry Potter, but he’d never admit he’d read the books. The fact that he loved reading was his secret to know only. His attention was drawn to a whole cherry pie a couple of seats down, where a group of students from Angelus were about to settle down. He knew they were from Angelus because he’d seen one of the guys in line earlier. The dark-haired boy sat down smiling, chuckling at something another guy said. Dean wished he could hear his voice, but he was just out of range. Sighing, he sat down between Jo and Garth, glancing longingly between the boy and the pie.

“Hey Dean there’s the pie. Guess you’re lucky this time.” Jo said, pouring herself a glass of Pepsi from one of the litre bottles on the table. When he stayed silent, she looked up at him. “Dude what are you waiting for?” When he still didn’t answer, a smile dawned on her place. “You like the girl don’t you?!” She motioned towards the red-head who was ladling some soup onto her plate. Dean shook his head silently, and Jo seemed to know what he meant. “Oh. Fine sulk all you want over some hot-stuff kid, but I’m not getting your pie for you.”
“Who’s Dean sulking over?” Pamela leaned across the table, wiggling her eyebrows at Dean.
“Nobody.” Dean said, kicking Jo under the table.
“Honestly Dean you’ve seen the rest of the students for what, five minutes and you’re already crushing on one? Typical.” Pamela chewed as she rolled her eyes.
“Dean are you okay?” Ash piped in.
“Never been better.” Dean settled for a steak, choosing to tear with his fork rather than use a knife.
“Then why haven’t you got the pie yet?” Ash nodded his head down the table, where the pie sat waiting, untouched. It was almost comical.
“The sensitive soul doesn’t want to bother any of the Angelus students, bless his heart.” Pamela chuckled, fluttering her eyelashes. As Jo snickered, Dean put his fork down with a loud clang.
“You want me to get the damn pie? Fine.” Standing up, he marched over to Castiel, Anna, Balthazar and Gabriel, clearing his throat.

“Need something muffin-cake?” Gabriel turned to him, winking. Dean hoped that he wasn’t blushing, that it just suddenly got really hot in the hall. When it came to girls he was brilliant, but he just couldn’t be the same around boys.
“I was wondering if urmm...you were going to eat that pie.” He pointed towards it, eyes straining not to look at the ebony-haired boy who was less than five inches from his waist. He shoved his hands in his pockets, hoping to look casual.
“Hmm...were we going to sample that pie, Gabriel?” Balthazar turned to Gabriel with a serious look on his face, and Anna burst into laughter, Castiel quietly chuckling. Dean’s eyes travelled to the fork that lingered on his lips, and he had to tear his eyes away.
“I don’t know. I’m bending more towards sausages this evening.”
“Haha, you’re hilarious.” Dean rolled his eyes.
“I think I’m adorable.” Gabriel smiled, showing off the food in his mouth. Anna composed herself and turned to Dean.
“They’re just kidding around, you can take it.”
“Not the whole thing!” Gabriel protested, eyeing the pie. Castiel and Anna both sighed, and Castiel picked up a new knife and fork from the side.
“I apologize for his behaviour. Only one slice?” He turned to Dean, but immediately they both froze. Turning red, Dean cleared his voice and looked at his feet.
“Yeah, thanks.” Castiel’s hands were steady as he cute a perfect slice, handing it over to Dean on a plate. Yanking his hand out of his pocket, Dean’s fingers brushed Castiel’s as he took the plate from him, and suddenly he was thankful that Balthazar had launched into a conversation with Gabriel. As he walked away, face flushing, he didn’t see Anna looking between him and Castiel, who had become very interested in his food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise surprise they met pretty early on! Somehow these chapters are coming out pretty long...I hope you guys don't mind. Hope you enjoyed it! xx