Status: Update whenever I can (mind you I'm a lazy piece of shit)

Something Like Family

Chapter Four

“Alright everyone, settle down.” The loud chatter of the students died away as the teacher stood up from behind his desk. “My name is Mr Carver, and I’ll be your Chemistry teacher for the rest of your time here in Hierarchia. I thought it would be a good idea to spend this lesson talking about yourselves and getting to know some of the people you will be spending your time with. So why don’t we go around the room and you can introduce yourselves.” He sat down, pointing at the guy on the table at the front of the classroom, by the door. The student sitting there turned around and fixed the class with a smirk.
“Name’s Azazel. Azazel Jauns-Yeux. House Infernum.”
“Tell us a bit about your hobbies, Azazel.” At that, Azazel straightened up, outright smiling at Mr Carver. The smile sent shivers of fear down Castiel’s spine. There was something malignant about him.
“Biking. Football. Anything physical, really.” The smirk was back, but this time it was pointed specifically at the girls in the room. Cas saw the dark-haired girl who'd come in with Dean stare back at him, openly disgusted. At that Azazel winked at her as the guy next to him started talking.
"Alistair Raven. House Infernum." Castiel wasn't the only one who unconsciously shrank away from his voice, and even Mr Carver skipped asking for his 'hobbies'. Noone wanted to know what he enjoyed doing in his spare time. The boy on the end of their table tried to lighten up the mood in some bizarre fashion by spinning around in his chair and fixing the class with a smile.
"They call me Crowley. I'm the Head Boy for Infernum. But don't let that intimidate you." Suddenly, a girl from the table infront of Castiel spoke up.
"So you're the infamous Crowley?"
"I am indeed. And you are?" At this the girl straightened up, her chin jutting into the air slightly. Castiel recognised her, but he couldn't quite figure out where from.
"Naomi Spencer. Head girl of Angelus." When Crowley's smile turned devious, her eyes turned to steel.
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Naomi. I've heard great things." Castiel had to hold back a laugh when Anna's impersonation came to his mind. He'd have to remember to tell her it was uncannily accurate.
"I'm afraid I can't say the same for you."
"Alright, alright, stop the flirting already." Mr Carver piped up, erupting laughter from the class. Naomi's cheeks reddened slightly and she turned around, rigid in her seat. He motioned for the next person to speak, and Castiel zoned out, already bored.

When it came closer to his turn, he turned his attention back to the speakers. So far there had been four people from Infernum (Azazel, Alistair, Ruby and Meg, who was speaking now); one from Portentum (Amy); two from Mortalis (Pamela and Adam); and four from Angelus (Naomi, Hester, Uriel and Raphael). As Meg finished speaking, Castiel cleared his voice and tried to focus on getting it over and done with. Even little things like this got him nervous.
"I'm Castiel Novak. I'm from Angelus." Out of the corner of his eye he saw Dean Winchester sit up. It was only a small movement, but Cas caught it nevertheless. It just made him feel more scrutinized.
"What sort of things do you do in your spare time, Castiel?"
"I...read, I guess." He looked down at his hands as he heard Azazel let out a huff of amusement. He ignored it. Or he tried to, anyway. Knowing Dean was next in line to talk, he looked up at him, his blue eyes meeting Dean's green ones for the second time today. Except something was different about him.
"My name is Dean Winchester." As he said his name, he leaned forward on the table, meeting everyone's eyes except Castiel's. "I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women." Cas couldn't quite put his finger on the difference between the Dean he'd met at lunch and the Dean now. He was acting like typical flirtatious teenage boy who thought the world revolved around him, and the things that came out of his mouth weren't exactly that different from Azazel's. But somehow he got a different reaction. For one, the girl infront of Castiel, Amy, shifted in her seat as Dean looked her in the eye, turning away quickly. Sighing, Cas turned away, confused that Dean would resort to acting like those other boys. He was so stupid to think he'd be different. To think he wasn't putting on another act when he talked to Castiel. Another kid, Benny, had started to talk in a deep, Southern drawl, but Castiel wasn't listening anymore; he was thinking of what to tell Anna when he saw her next lesson. Or more importantly, how to quench the feeling of disappointment that shouldn't even have been there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I haven't written anything for a while, sorry guys. Nevertheless I hope you enjoyed this chapter. x