Status: I'm trying out writing a vampire story. I hope you like it. It if sucks feel free to let me know! Hopefully it won't and you'll enjoy reading =]

What's It Like to Kill a Man?

What's It Like To Kill A Man? (2)

It was dark. I had no idea where I was, or who brought me there, or what happened after I passed out. All I knew was that I was in a dark and hot, stuffy, room, I was a bit dizzy and my stomach hurt from not having eaten in a while. I stayed put for a few minutes trying to get my bearings and trying to let my vision adjust to how dark it was in the room. I was a bit frightened but I wasn't going to panic. In any of the dangerous situations I've been in, I've learned never to panic, it doesn't do anything and will only make the situation worse. Luckily my natural reactions are to be reserved with my emotions, but being trapped in some dark room is pretty scary. It's pretty hard to try not start panicking.

I stayed in the spot I was in for a few minutes, until I could start to see better. Luckily I wasn't tied up. I didn't know who the hell abducted me or why. For all I know they could be some psycho who set up traps in here to hurt me if I moved around too much to lessen my chances of escaping.

As I sat I reached into my pockets and tried to check around my feet a little bit to see what I had on me and if my purse was taken from me. I was hoping they hadn't grabbed it and my box cutter would still be in there so maybe I'd have a chance escaping, but I couldn't find my purse right around me. I wasn't that lucky.

A few minutes later I was able to start making out shapes in the room around me. I could tell there were a couple boxes around me and what looked like a shovel and some gardening equipment.. hopefully. I could tell there were windows on all the sides of the room I was in, but they all had dark plastic bags over them. I couldn't really see anything that stuck out to me that would hurt me. I could make out where the door was and noticed it didn't have a regular doorknob on it. It looked like a latch door knob. I slowly crawled on my hands and knees quietly over to the door to check it out.

It was definitely a latch kind of door knob. I noticed the other side had the little piece you lift and I was on the side where the mechanism was supposed to latch into the part to hold the door shut. I thought about lifting the piece out of its latch, which would make the handle go down on the other side. I thought it might open the door. But my other thoughts were that I had no idea what was on the other side of the door. Or if anything was attached to the door knob that would end up hurting me if I try opening the door.

Since the room had windows on all sides of it and a latch type door knob and some gardening equipment. I figured I was probably in a shed outside somewhere. I figured that was both a good and bad thing. It was good because if I got outside of the shed I at least wouldn't have to try and sneak out of a house. But on the other side, I had no idea what was on the outside of the shed.

I tried to see if I could see through cracks in between the wood panels of the shed. I wanted to try and figure out what was on the outside, and also an indication of what time it was. I could see only a little bit through the boards and it seemed to be dusk outside so I thought it must be around 8 pm. I couldn't see too much of the yard but I could tell I wasn't really in the woods since the ground looked like it had grass. I moved to all the sides of the shed and tried to look through the biggest cracks each wall had. From the tiniest bit I could see it seemed like outside the shed most likely wasn't dangerous but I wasn't fully sure.

As I made my way quietly and slowly over to where the door was I heard some light footsteps. I felt nerves erupt throughout my whole body. I wasn't sure but I figured they would be coming toward the shed. Trying to think logically and clearly I hastily grabbed the shovel that was up against the wall and placed it behind boxes that were behind where I was originally sitting. My mind was racing and I was conflicted with the ideas of either, pretending I was still unconscious, or sitting where I had woken up and trying to talk to the person who abducted me.

I was trying to quickly decipher which course of action would be better as I heard the footsteps grow closer to the shed I was in. I decided to lie down on the floor and before I could close my eyes and begin to pretend to be unconscious I heard someone quickly unlock the door before it flew open and a bright light was pouring into the room. It startled me almost causing me to jump. I felt nerves course through my body and linger in the pit of my stomach.

I noticed the person who opened the door took a step into the shed to take a better look at me. I couldn't see their face that well since they had shined their flash light into my eyes for a second causing me to squint, sit up and put my hands up to block the light. The person stood for a minute not saying anything and still point their flash light near my face. I wasn't sure if they had a gun or not or any type of weapon they were planing to harm me with any second. I felt my nerves grow not knowing what was coming next. Unsure of how to help the situation and sort of out of nerves, I spoke to them.

"What am I doing here?" I said calmly trying to hide an trace of fear in my voice.

"I brought you here..." The voice replied as if I were stupid.

"Ok.. Why?" I asked slowly.

"You want to know why?" He asked me back I could hear he was beginning to smile.

"Yes.." I replied cautiously.

"Come with me, I'll show you. Stand up." He said suggestively, not in a sexual suggestive way but an, 'I'm going to surprise you' kind of suggestive way. That scared me a little bit more. I had no idea where he was going to bring me or why. I obeyed and stood up and cautiously walked over to the person who captured me. He grabbed my wrist as soon as I got close enough to him and he led me out of the shed and into a yard that was behind a house, but then he started leading me towards the woods across the yard. I began panicking internally and assumed the worst.

"Are you going to kill me?" I looked over to his face and asked as plainly as I could. I tried my hardest not to give him any reaction. He wore a black pin striped suit and had the palest skin I'd ever seen on anyone and shoulder length black hair. He was about 5'8 and had a medium build. He didn't look very muscular or fat, but he wasn't skinny. He looked back at into my eyes as he answered my question.

"Maybe, we'll see." That really scared me but I didn't react much. I just looked at the ground a second before responding as calmly as I could again.

"What do you mean by that? Why would you kill me."

"It depends on a few different reasons." He said nonchalantly as we continued walking towards the woods.

"Like what?" I pressed still calm, and hoping to find out what to do to avoid being killed today.

"Like if I can erase your memory of the whole situation after I suck some of your blood." My capture replied while looking forward pulling me further into the woods.

"What?" I asked like I didn't hear what he said while I looked at his face. I was pretty sure I didn't hear him correctly and I was trying to piece together what he must have really said. Then he stopped walking, turned to face me while placing both hands on my arms and explained.

"I'm a vampire. Some of your blood will be my dinner tonight. If I can not erase your memory of this.. I'm going to kill you." I must have given him the strangest look ever before he pulled me along and we started walking a little further. I wasn't as scared as I was a minute ago because I thought he was full of shit. I started thinking that maybe he was a schizophrenic or had some other mental illness where he believed he was actually a vampire who needed blood to survive. I figured I was going to try and ride this weird time out and look for an opportunity to run back to the house hopefully to a main road in front of it.

"Oh.. ok." I replied sort of quietly not really knowing what to say. I wasn't sure weather to play along with him or try and convince him he's not a vampire.

"You don't believe me?" He looked over and smirked at me. I wasn't sure what to say about that.

"Well, I'm usually somewhat skeptical about everything until something to back it up is shown to me." I said while we stopped again. I tried to explain politely hoping not to upset him and set this person off. Then I looked over at his face and noticed his eyes began changing to a different color that didn't look normal. Then he opened his mouth and two of his front teeth appeared to be a good half inch bigger and pointer then they should be. I looked quizzically at his face, I was a little surprised because he looked different. I wasn't really freaked out I was still trying to determine if it was somehow fake.

"Can I touch your fangs?" I asked intently while slowly reaching my hand toward him. He didn't respond to me but he held his pose revealing his teeth. When I touched the bottom of his left tooth I felt a sharp prick on my finger and ripped my hand away to look at it. I had a small drop of blood on it.

"Do you believe me now?" He said as I looked back over at his face and saw his eyes really started changing color they became darker and darker.

"Yes..." I said in astonishment. I still wasn't so freaked out, I was more amazed. I couldn't believe this was actually happening it was so surreal. I would have sworn I was in a dream at that point.

"You're bleeding..." He commented while coming a bit closer to me. At that point I became scared again realizing what was about to happen to me.

"Can you turn me?!" I spat out almost desperately before he could potentially kill me. I hadn't completely thought about what it would be like to be a vampire, but in my mind at that point it, I saw that as at least still being able to be in the world.

"What?" He asked backing away for a second trying to process what I had asked of him.

"If you can't erase my memory, can you turn me into a vampire, instead of killing me?" I asked a little slower this time while taking a step back.

"What? Why should I do that? You don't know what being a vampire entails." He stated firmly while trying not to sink his teeth into my flesh.

"Because, I still want to be in the world, I can figure it out when I am one." I replied quickly, I was going to try and convince him. At the time it seemed like a much better option then being put in the ground kind of dead.

"What good would that do me? How would I benefit from the situation? That might only cause trouble." He spat at me his mood was changing.

"I'll be your friend. Everybody can use a friend. It'll make you feel good that you did something nice for someone else, I won't cause you any trouble. I promise." I spoke quickly again as he came closer to me, I was trying to throw out anything that I could to try and convince him to not kill me if it came down to it.

"We'll see." He snarled at me before he lunged on to me. I felt a sharp pain the right side of my neck followed by slightly slurping sounds as I was knocked back out of my standing position. The pain in my neck was unbearable, I clenched my fists and started thrashing around to try to escape the pain. Or make the man go a little easier on my flesh, it backfired as the pain worsened I grew lightheaded.

"That really fucking hurts!" I yelled while kicking my feet hoping it would end soon. I felt myself growing dizzier, I wasn't sure if it was from all the pain or the loss of blood, but a minute later my vision began going black. "I'm going to pass out! Please don't kill me!!" I yelled before everything faded to black and the pain began slowly subsiding.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. I hope this is alright. It's a different take on this type of story hopefully it's liked and doesn't suck. =] Thanks for reading!!!