Our Unforgettable Summer

Let's Get it Started

Monica’s POV

Sam grabs the keys out of my hands and starts running towards the huge RV parked in Charlie's front yard.

“Hell yeah! Y’all ready for the most amazing summer ever?” Sam screams before tripping over Tanya’s massive suitcase.

We all bust out laughing, while Sam cusses under his breath as he attempts to get up, but before he can grab the keys again, Timmy has already sprinted over and stolen them.

Now he’s shouting, “Kiss my ass motherfuckers! You’ll never catch me!” He begins running to the RV as Sam, Marcus and Connor all chase after him. Tanya, Charlie and I take our sweet time walking over and having a little bit of girl talk before we’re stuck on a cramped RV with four guys for two months.

“Why the hell did we agree to drive cross country in this thing with those four idiots again?” Tanya asks as she swings her big ass purse onto her shoulder and rolls her two ridiculously huge pink suitcases towards the bus. She’s definitely the high maintenance one of our group.

“Because we thought it would be fun, plus this is our last summer together before we leave for school next year and we need to make the most out of it. And remember those 4 idiots are 4 are our best friends.” Charlie answers, all matter-of-fact, which is no different than any other day. She has her old, raggedy backpack filled to the brim with books and her little carry on suitcase. I guess you could call her the smart, minimalist.

“Hell yeah! This is our last chance to raise some hell, all seven of us together! We also need to bring a little Tennessee twang to California!” I say, dropping my one suitcase and large tote off at the side of the RV, before I walk over to the boys to break up their little fight. And I’m pretty sure I’d be considered the mom of the group.

“Listen to me! All of you!” The boys look up, listening intently to what I have to say. “Char is driving first, mostly because she’s the only one who has ever driven one of these things, but also because you guys need to calm down before any of you get behind that wheel.”

All of the boys sigh and begin to complain. I hold my finger to my lips and hold out my hand. Marcus hands me the keys and they begin loading up the luggage.

I walk over to Charlie, hand her the keys then start helping the boys, but before I can lift anything Connor takes the suitcase from me and winks at me. My heart starts to race and I feel something in the pit of my stomach, something I’ve never really felt before.

I just shrug it off. Once the entire luggage is loaded up and we say goodbye to our parents, we enter our home for the next two months. All seven of us take it all in and Marcus just grins and says, “This is going to be one unforgettable summer…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really excited to start this story. I will also try and update as much as possible since I am now off school for the summer time! I also will be changing the characters POVs every chapter. Comments and/or subscriptions are always welcomed!