Status: First attempt at anything vampire. MEGA HIATUS- I'M REWRITING VERY VERY SLOWLY

Give Me Love

New Breed

It has been a week since I drank the tequila and nearly slept with William. I ended up waking up the next day with a terrible hangover and no recollection of that night. Nicholas gladly filled me in, though.

“So when are you going to explain what the hell you’ve been searching for?” I asked as Nicholas and I walked down the cold streets of New York City. We always seemed to end up back here. Not that I was complaining; I love the city.

Nicholas glanced at me before turning his dark gaze forward again. “I’m looking for someone who can do something very special.”

I rolled my eyes. “Way to be vague.”

“Trust me, it’s better you don’t know.”

“Why bring me with you if I cannot know?” I pressed.

Nicholas let out a small growl and grabbed my upper arm while waving for a taxi. “They’re here.”

“What?” I squeaked as he pushed me into the cab, “who is here?”

He slid in next to me and rattled off an address to the driver before turning his gaze out the window. “We can never catch a break.”

I could feel the fear bubble up inside me at Nicholas’s restlessness. Whoever was here, unnerved him. “What’s going on?”

“Can you try to not be stubborn tonight? It will get you killed.”

I gulped and looked out the window. I hated him not telling me anything, but I wouldn’t press him until we were out of hot water. Turning back to him, I watched as he pulled out his phone and began talking to either William or Sapphira.

“They’re here,” he mumbled before pausing for a moment, “yes, I’m sure. All the warning signs are there.”

Biting my lip, I turned my gaze out the front windshield just in time to see someone dash in front of our cab. Our driver slammed on the brakes and stopped within centimeters of the man.

I sucked in a deep breath and held it, terrified of the man that was now smirking at our driver. He turned his head to the side and spit out thick, black fluid.

“Lauren,” Nicholas said calmly.

The man started to make his way towards our driver’s door and I sat frozen.

“Lauren!” Nicholas repeated louder, “you need to calm down and slow your heartbeat. I’ll get us out of this.”

I turned to look at him with fear filled eyes. “Promise?” I squeaked out.

The man ripped off the driver’s door and pulled him out by the throat, shredding the flesh in the process. I screamed and Nicholas exited the cab, pulling me with him. We started to run and made it to an alley before we were stopped by a woman with the same black fluid running down her face. Turning around, the other man stood there with the driver’s severed head. The head fell to the ground and the man started to shake violently. He fell to the ground and curled into a fetal position before going eerily still. He stood up in a flash and had the appearance of the driver. The man made haste and grabbed Nicholas as the woman grabbed me. I tried to fight her, but she was stronger than anything I’ve ever dealt with.

“I promise, Lauren!”

********************

I groaned as I started to wake up. It felt like I was being stabbed in my temples and my wrists were aching. I opened my eyes to the dark, damp room and I was only left in my bra and panties. My hands were bound in silver chains above my head and I was hanging from them with my feet just grazing the ground. My shoulder was stinging in a way I have never experienced. I tried to get a look at it and could only make out deep claw marks. There was dried blood coating different parts of my body so I knew that I had more injuries that weren’t as bad as my shoulder.

I let my eyes continue to adjust to the room and saw Nicholas in a similar position across from me. Biting my lip, I stared at him to try to figure out if he was truly dead. I sniffled slightly, trying to keep my tears at bay. Now was not the time to get emotional.

“Nicholas?” I whispered out, praying that he would hear me.

He lifted his head up and looked at me through tired eyes. “Lauren,” he breathed out, “I was sure you were never going to wake up again.”

I gave a small forced smile. “You can’t get rid of me that easily,” I mumbled before letting out a sigh, “who are they and why do they have us?”

Nicholas sighed and looked at me. “They were vampires.”

“Were?”

“Yes, but now they are shape shifters of some sort. If a vampire is bitten by a werewolf they will change. They have the ability to shift into any type of animal, including humans. The telltale sign is the thick, black fluid that exits their bodies,” He explained quickly.

“But why are we here?” I questioned again.

Nicholas dropped his head. “The male is coming.”

I stared at the door, feeling a sudden burst of energy and watched as he entered the room. He was back to the way I saw him before he cut off the cabbie’s head. His short dark hair contrasted with his pale skin and striking blue eyes. His thin lips pulled into a smirk at the sight of us.

“Peter,” Nicholas spat out like it was a curse and I guessed it was his name.

Peter smirked at Nicholas. “Well isn’t this interesting?” He drawed out in a thick southern accent before turning his gaze to me, “I’m guessing that our dear friend, Nick, never told you about me.”

Nicholas scoffed and was about to say something before Peter spun around to face him. “You left me for dead!” He roared.

I flinched at his booming voice and tried to keep my body from shaking in fear. He turned around and smirked at me.

“Your human is scared,” He stated.

Nicholas growled as he ran a hand down my face and over the wound on my shoulder. “Don’t touch her,” he said in a low, dangerous tone.

I glared at Peter as he sucked on his fingers that had my blood on them. “Delicious.”

Peter turned to smirk at Nicholas over his shoulder before quickly turning his head back around and sinking his fangs into my neck. I let out a shriek at the pain and twisted my body, trying to escape his grasp as well as the chains. He pulled back, but blood continued to seep out of my neck slowly.

“Why do you care if this little human dies anyway?” Peter questioned as he paced in front of us. “Was it not you who told me that humans were useless? That they were nothing more than blood bags?”

Nicholas stared at me before glancing at Peter. “She is my blood bag.”

Peter nodded slowly and leaned next to Nicholas. He whispered in his ear, gave an intimidating smile, and exited the room. Quickly turning my gaze to Nicholas, I let tears fall from my eyes as my neck continued to sting. “Nick? What did he say to you?”

Nicholas kept his gaze down. “You called me Nick.”

“Yes! I fucking called you by your nickname! Please, what did he say to you?” I begged.

Nicholas kept his gaze to the floor, but didn’t answer me. My body began to shake as I realized that something terrible was going to happen and I was going to be right in the middle of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lauren

GUESS WHO IS BACKKKK!!

Yep, I had a terrible case of writers block that lasted about four months.

Let us thank The Originals for inspiring me to write about my beloved Nick and Lauren.

I wrote and rewrote this like five different times, and the final version was going to be super long. Plus, I figured this would be a great place to end it, so I split it up.

Next chapter: We get some desperately needed answers!

Thanks to all of the commenters, subscribers, and those who PMed me about this! It means so much! I can't even begin to explain the happy walrus sounds I made.