‹ Prequel: She Will Be Loved
Status: The Sequel is Here!

Never Truly Loved

Trouble

Emmett had done it again.

“Stay off our land, Cullen.” Paul growled.

While out hunting with the rest of the family, Emmett, who had been parched for quite some time, had his eyes set on a rather juicy looking doe. The creature had given a good chase, but it wasn't long before the vampire had caught it. Unfortunately, as he tackled the poor animal, the force had sent him a few feet onto the land that was part of the reservation, and now they were back home, having to deal with the Quileute boys who weren't too happy about that.

“Cool it, Paul,” Sam ordered, holding up an arm to remind him to keep himself in check. “We've had this type of problem with you already, Carlisle.”

“I'm sorry, Sam. Emmett just seems to get caught up while we're out.” The leader of the coven sincerely apologized. “We'll do our best to make sure it doesn't happen again.”

“Make sure that it doesn't,”

Edward, who was off to the side, could hear something growing nearer to the Cullen residence. As it grew closer, he was able to make it out – it was the sound was a car racing speedily up the dirt road to the home. “Someone's coming,” he announced, walking forward to grab everyone's attention.

The Cullen family then began to relax their stances as they realized that they would have unexpected company arriving.

Sam looked to his pack brothers and nodded. “That's all that we came to say, Carlisle.”

The boys who were gathered beside Sam then began to make their way towards the woods to head back home, back to where they belonged, though the one who had remained quiet throughout the entire confrontation didn't move an inch.

Sam noticed his lack of movement and called him out on it. “Jacob, we're leaving. Get a move on.”

The bones and limbs of his body tingled as they wanted to obey his alpha's orders, but he wasn't allowing them to move freely.

Someone was coming. He wanted to know who.

“Jacob. Now.”

His body finally went against him, it taking him in the direction his fellow brothers were leaving in, though his head was twisted back to see if he would be able to view who was coming.

The roar of an engine could now be heard and soon a sleek, black Audi A4 came to a skidding halt right before the home and its residents. Jacob regained control of his body, stopping himself from continuing onwards as he recognized the car that was sitting pretty before him. His heart was stopped and his breathing hitched in his throat. Could it be...?

The engine was killed, the air thick with tension, and soon the driver's door opened. A leg was placed onto the floor followed by another, a hand with long, thin fingers grasped part of the door, and soon the person pulled herself out of the vehicle, her flowing brown locks of hair swaying in a gentle breeze. Her piercing blue eyes landed upon the Cullens, and they were soon drawn automatically to him, their gazes interlocking, both unable to look away.

The next few words made his skin crawl.

“Carlisle, I need your help. I'm in trouble.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry it took me a while to get this out. I'm also sorry for the short length of the chapter, too. A lot has happened on this end and last week I buried my cousin because she had a massive heart attack. Then school started, too.

It's all just blah right now.

Lots of love to JaxxMonster and January Rose for commenting! You both are amazing and I appreciate the comments so much. They're a blessing and so are you. :)

The third chapter's just been typed up, but that'll be out when I have the fourth one done.

Please comment, recommend, and subscribe!