‹ Prequel: She Will Be Loved
Status: The Sequel is Here!

Never Truly Loved

Volturi

Quinn wasn't given a second to spare as she watched Jacob and Embry drive off down the road. Edward walked outside and silently ushered her back in, guiding her into the living room where every Cullen was now assembled, Bella included.

“Bella,” Quinn sighed out, heading over to hug her sister-in-law.

“It's good to see you again, Quinn.”

“You, too.”

Taking a good look at her, Quinn realized that Bella was now just like the rest of her family – perfect. Her chestnut hair looked silky and flowing, her facial features more angelic, her eyes more entrancing, and her voice more warm and inviting. Everything about her was perfection.

“You changed, Bella.” She chuckled, looking over at Edward. “Did you...?”

Looking frustrated, Edward shook his head. “I don't want to get into it.” He said, clearly not wanting to remember how Bella had lost her soul and humanity. “Let's get down to business. What happened with you in New York? Why are you in trouble?”

Sighing, Quinn sat down upon the sofa besides Rosalie and Alice, both girls taking her hands to comfort her while Emmett stood behind her, his large hands massaging her shoulders with a chuckle. “Let it all out, Quinny,” he smiled.

“Oh, shut up, Emmett.” She laughed, gently taking a hand away from her sister to smack his hand playfully. “Long story short, there was a vampire I met named Micah. He knew I knew what he was, and I guess he was fine with it because he never tried anything. Of course, I kept my distance since I didn't know him, but he would seek me out sometimes to talk.

“A few nights ago, he sought me out and he kept going on and on about how he 'loved' me and wanted to be with me. He told me he'd turn me. I told him no, that I wasn't interested and he kind of lost it. He told me he'd bring the Volturi into it, said he'd tell them that I knew the big secret.” She looked around the room to see grim faces upon all of her family members' faces. “Who are the Volturi anyways? I've heard you mention the name, but nothing more than that.”

There was a sigh that escaped Edward's lips and his fingers rubbed his temple soothingly as if he were having the worst migraine imaginable. “This isn't good,” he muttered lowly.

The strained tone in his voice made her realize that this wasn't just a situation where her family would be able to help her out – or at least not that easily. This was serious if Edward was already sounding exhausted. Then again, he did have a tendency to worry over the simplest things.

Trying to keep a clear, open mind about the situation, Quinn gave a humorless chuckle. “C'mon Edward, what do you mean? You're kind of worrying me.”

Emmett squeezed her shoulders gently as if to reassure her. “Do you remember when Edward and Bella split, the family went to Brazil for a bit and then Edward just up and left for no reason and Alice and Bella went after him?”

“How could I forget? I didn't know Portuguese so I had to have Esme home school me for a bit until we came back.” She returned. “What's that got to do with this though?”

“Well, lover boy couldn't live without Bella since he thought she was dead so he went to the Volturi.” Emmett explained.

“He was going to expose our secret so that way they'd kill him as punishment.” Jasper added. “They take care of things like that to make sure our existence isn't known about.”

Looking over to her older brother, she saw he seemed even more annoyed at the memories his brothers were discussing. “You're an idiot.” Quinn blatantly stated, Edward looking at the brunette in shock, seeming taken aback by her blunt words.

“Then there was also the time where Victoria came back for Bella and we sent you to visit the Denali coven when they came here.” Alice added.

“That's why I went there? The Volturi were here?”

Nodding her head, Alice answered, “Well, we didn't want you being around when the fighting between us and the newborn vampires happened. They came after to clean up the mess.”

The room went silent as they all began to take in the fact that the Volturi would be coming after one of their own – again. They were worried for Quinn. They had watched her grow and blossom into the young woman she was today, they didn't want to see her life end for their mistake, for their damnation. She was their family, and they were hers. They were going to make sure that she would be safe.

Quinn bit back a yawn, though it didn't go unnoticed. “You're tired, Quinn.” Carlisle began. “You need your rest. Go on upstairs and head to bed, everything's ready for you.”

She couldn't argue, she was tired and the food that she had packed away into her stomach didn't help. A bed sounded like heaven, and when she thought about getting a good few hours of sleep, it was even better. After saying goodnight to everyone and receiving them in return, Quinn climbed the staircase and headed back into her old room.

It was as if she hadn't even left, it was all as she had left it. She smiled and changed into some night clothes, climbing under the covers and looking at her phone which had received a text message from Jacob just as he had promised.

Get some rest, Quinn. You looked beat when I left. Dream of me.


To make good on her own, she responded to it right away after giving a soft giggle.

I will, Jake. Goodnight. I'll dream of you if you dream of me.

Always. I love you.

I love you, too.


And just like that, Quinn lost consciousness, dreaming of Jacob just like she had promised.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry it took me forever to update. And I'm even more sorry that this is a bit of a filler. :( This chapter has been sitting on my laptop for a while because I'm not quite sure where the next few chapters will go, but hopefully I'll figure something out. Thank you so much to all who commented!

CoolStory.Lynn
purple89
Matthew Sanders;
WhiteButterfly
layap

and
xoxogal404

I really appreciate your comments. They truly do mean a lot to me!

Please comment, recommend, and subscribe!