Status: On going

Disenchanted

Chapter Two

Ben was sitting on the bed, his head resting on his palms, trying to catch his breath. He had been searching for a way out of the room for what felt like hours and the only thing he had been able to do was hurt himself. All the walls were solid, there was no trap door, and the ceiling seemed to be pretty solid too. He had found out that most of the furniture was nailed down.
The whole division seemed to have been prepared for him, and him only, there was an acoustic guitar just like his in the furthest corner, along with clothes, that he recognized as his own, the only thing that seemed out of place in the room was a small, leather bound bible by the dresser.
“I’m going to kill that crazy bitch!”
Ben wanted to kick something, punch a hole in the wall, but before he even got up from the bed his stomach started to growl. It had been 2 days, or at least he thought so, since it was hard to understand what time it was, since he had last eaten.
I’m going to die here… he thought.
Faces of his friends and family flashed though his mind, but the one that stuck longer was Danny’s. Ben was afraid to deal with the emotions Danny had laid on him a few days before, especially in the situation he was in.
The sound of a door opening echoed through the walls, followed by footsteps walking towards, what seemed to be, the wall in front of the bed. Ben got up in a flash and started to scream for help, a hopeful shine back in his eyes.
The sound stopped, as the quiet grew so did his desperation.
“HELP! I?M TRAPPED!” he kept screaming until the footsteps started again and he heard someone knock on the wall.
The wall started to make noise as it slowly moved, creating an opening he hadn’t seen before, and showing a young woman on the other side. It took him a few minutes to realize who she was since the woman was, but when he looked into her deep caramel eyes he understood it was the same girl from a few nights before. She looked substantially different, her thick eyeliner had given place to light eye shadows, her red lips bare and her cheeks baby pink. Her skimpy clothing had been replaced by a long, vintage looking, red dress and her long dark locks were tied in a bun. She looked like she had come out of an ad for the perfect house wife.
“I’m sorry I took so long darling, you know how the boss is…” she said with a charming smile. “I bet you’re hungry, I’ll make you something.”
Ben was paralyzed by shock. She couldn’t be the responsible for the insanity that he was living, she was so petite and innocent looking.
The young woman turned away from him and walked towards the kitchen. Ben stepped out of the room he was incarcerated before and saw that there was a whole house decorated like a 50s house, even the TV was black and white. After a few moments of watching the woman walk around with frying pans and food Ben finally snapped out of the strange trance he was in.
“Who the fuck are you?!”
“Don’t be silly darling, I’m Ana, your wife.” She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“I’m not fucking married!”
“Yes, you are!” her tone was light and careless, yet it still seemed to be threatening.
“Listen here you crazy bitch, you will let me go, or I will make you let me go! Understood?!”Ben said using his height to tower over the small woman in an attempt to intimidate her.
She simply smiled at him and made his way towards the door. Next to the door there was a coat hanger where she kept her purse. She searched her bag until she found what she was looking for. Out of it she took a shinny gun, as her hands wrapped tightly around the metal her disposition changed completely from care free to hostile, her smile being replaced by a menacing frown.
“You’re not going anywhere! THIS IS YOUR HOME! AND I’M YOUR FUCKING WIFE DO YOU HEAR ME?!”
“Calm down, please… put the gun down.” Ben pleaded as he took a few steps back.
“YOU WILL NOT ABANDONE ME!” she screamed as part of her wanted to break into tears, yet her rage would not let her show it.
“of course not. I would never leave you.” Ben’s voice was low and calm, yet his heart raced and his palms were starting to sweat.
She smiled and lowered the gun.