Status: On going

Disenchanted

chapter Eight

Ben woke up with a headache. His hands reached towards his face, shielding his eyes from the surrounding light. At first the confusion of an alcohol driven headache stopped him from recalling what had happened the night before, which was a blessing, yet it didn’t last long. Ben pushed the sheets away from his body ready to go look for some Advil or something to calm his head when he noticed there were no clothes covering his body. Images of two naked body’s flashed, each one more intimate than the one before. His hands cooping Ana’s breasts as his erection trusted into her time and time again.
Ben started to feel sick and rushed to the bathroom, empting the remains of the dinner from the former night. The sour taste of puked alcohol overwhelming him. He brushed his teeth, trying his best to get rid of the taste of sick on his mouth, and when he finally got the courage he looked at himself in the mirror. Ben couldn’t even recognize himself, his once slim, but handsome figure had been transformed into a starved induced weakness. The most he ate lately was dinner, and maybe even breakfast, but only if he had been well behaved. This meant, not talking back, smiling and kissing, or even having sex if Ana asked him too.
At first Ben refused to perform such intimate acts with the woman that kept him captive, yet each time he denied her she got more violent, hitting him with everything from her own bare hands to pieces of furniture and of course his meals reduced with each no until he finally gave in, finally breaking, completely submitting himself to the woman’s control.
The face that stared back at him in the mirror was not the cocky, charming face he used to use to sway women into his own pleasure, there were bags under his eyes, his skin was pasty from the months of captivity, and his once lively eyes now looked back at him with a mix of hatred and disgust.
Ben tore his eyes away from his own reflection and tried to go on with his day, starting by a shower that would, or so he would help, wash away the sensation of helplessness that now filled him every waking minute of the day, along with the smell of her from his skin. Ben knew he no longer smelled like himself, the mix of alcohol, nicotine and pre-show adrenaline that still fueled Danny’s dreams.
After many scrubs Ben finally stepped out of the shower, resigned with the fact that his sins could not be washed with any amount of hot water. He got dressed as quickly as his tiered bones would allow him to, always averting his eyes from any mirror he could find, and walked back to the living room, passing by the kitchen, where he found two things, crispy bacon and a copy of a news paper. The news paper was opened in a very specific page which talked about Asking Alexandria breaking up.
His heart shattered as he read the news. According to the article had officially pronounced him dead after finding a rather large amount of blood on his apartment. Yet that was not what made him break down, it was the last few lines of the article that said that Danny had been found in his apartment, on the verge of a cocaine induced OD and that now in the hospital was not expected to come out of the coma any time soon. The realization that he was trapped in that fatted house forever over took him with such intensity that he feel to the ground, pain spreading through him. Ben could actually feel the absolute pain flow through his veins, poisoning every part of his body with complete hopelessness.