The House Next Door.

The Call Of The Wild

Addison Frost was completely aware of the vacant house being remodeled and the movers entering and exiting the house in a timely matter.
Addison crept up to the higher balcony of her roof top. There. This was the soon to be eighteen year old sanctuary. Addison took the worn out novel she's been reading all summer in her hands.
Flipping open the page of The Call Of The Wild. Addison eyes grazed the pages eagerly.

The classic literature was her summer reading list. She also finished Catch-22 in a week. Addison tried to take her time in reading the book.

Softball is starting tomorrow. Addison often reminded herself. Softball kept her sane through the year. This was going to be her last year playing and as the captain of the team, Addison felt torn.
Especially since her coach of the team and also her brilliant AP English teacher decided to quite and spring on the madness to the rest of the seniors.

Addison flipped the page yawning her lower lip anxiously. Two pages left.

One page left.
Addison took a deep breath and began to slowly grasp every word.

Then the horror began as Logan, her father began to scream her name.

"Addy"

Addison tried to ignore the screeching of her younger brother, Michael below.

"Addison"

Sighing she placed the book under the shelf of her window and crawled to the edge of the top.
Peering down and seeing Logan smiling she asked.

"Yes Dad?"

"Come down here. Meet our new neighbor"

Addison pulled away rolling her eyes. How cliche of Logan to actually introduce himself to the new neighbor. Addison wondered if Elizabeth was in the process of making brownies.

Climbing the rose garden beside the house Addison noticed a tiny figure besides Michael playing near the swing set.
Addison smiled at the two little boys and rounded the corner to greet the new neighbor.

Addison greeted her dad with a nudge causing Logan to grin.
Addison turned to introduce herself to the new member of the Castine Lions.

Addison froze at the horror before her.
The man, her new friendly neighbor was nothing she ever seen before in her seventeen years of living.
Movie stars would not compare.

The man graced the world with a beautiful sculpted face. Piercing blue eyes, a narrow nose that went well with his face. The mans cheek bones were devastating sculpted as well.
Lightish brown short hair went wild on the top of his skull.
Addison immediately noticed the crooked left ear. It almost made the girl smile.

Saving the best for last. Addison zeroed in on the mans lips.
Full heart shaped lips.
Addison bit the inside of her cheek.

The man was perfect.

"Hello" A smile rose from his lips.

Addison froze from the British accent. As the man spoke she noticed the uneven teeth. But it didn't compare to his face. Not one bit.

"I'm Edward" A bulky hand raised to meet her own. Addison shook it smiling.

"I'm Addy" Addison grimaced. "My name is Addison"

Idiot. She thought painfully.

Edward smiled then pointed her attention to the tiny man playing with her brother. "That little booger is my son Louis"

Addison smiled then compare the father and son. Louis was his fathers twin.

"Say hello" Edward said.

Louis turned his attention to the older people. A wave of his little hand. "Hi"

"The men are bonding" Logan mused.

Addison heard the most appealing sound. Edwards laughter.

"Ah yes" Edward nodding. "I'm afraid so"

Addison inched away from her father. Trying to shy away from the awkward first meeting of the neighbors.
The red door to there home flew open and out came Elizabeth holding a tray of pastry of some sort.

Addison scrunched up her face and inwardly groaned towards her mother.
The cliche was terrifying.

"Take this" Elizabeth handed the tray to Edward eagerly plastering a smile on her lips. Logan shook his head.

"Couldn't help yourself?"

Elizabeth shrugged. "Nonsense" Edward smiled. "I could always enjoy a good treat"

Addison pulled away from the trio.

"It was nice meeting you"

Then the most amazing thing happen. So the girl thought. Edward locked gazes with her.

"Lovely meeting you Addy"

Addison smiled and passed the boys without tussling the black hair of Michaels along the way.

Instead of climbing the banister of the garden she opted in walking through the back door.
Taking out a bottle of water and unclasping it drinking the whole container in record time. Addison climbed the double stair case.

Walking into her room. Passing the bookshelf that was the size of her wall she snatched a book off the shelf.
Climbing onto the narrow top of there home. Addison sat.

Addison couldn't resist the urge to glance toward the house next door.
With the sun already setting Addison watched in adoration as her new neighbor carried his son away from the house.

Addison smiled and peered open the novel.

Michael has a new friend. The family doesn't have rude neighbors who took the liberty in trying to hide every single soft ball Addison has played with.
Now, she was graced with a lovely neighbor.

What a perfect way to end her summer.
_______________________________

Addison world revolved in the current novel she was spending her time with.

She didn't notice the flicking of the light in the non-vacant home.

Addison didn't notice the gaze being averted in her direction.

The lighted window rose open. The window met hers causing the young girl to meet the room of her new neighbor.

Addison was oblivious to her surroundings.

But she will find out soon enough.

The two windows facing each other would caused the two to always beware of each other.

It was a blessing or a curse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I just couldn't resist.

Tell me what you think and I'll write another chapter tonight !