The House Next Door.

The Date

Saturday night. Addison stood staring directly into the full length mirror. Her hair slightly messy from the way Marcy had curled it.
Addison was the least bit nervous. But Marcy seemed to be having a nervous breakdown beside her. Addison glanced at Marcy with raised brows.

"Are you okay?" Addison murmured.

Marcy sighed and clamped her hands to her mouth. A nervous laugh escaped her lips. "No" she stuttered. "I mean yeah" Marcy quickly finished.

"You're a wreck" Addison laughed. "Why is that?"

"This is the beginning. Double dates. The whole sha-bang" Marcy met her gaze.

A snide laugh escaped her lips. Addison shook her head. "An ice cream date can not lead into a full blown relationship".

"Listen" Marcy turned toward Addison. "David is very attractive and your attractive" a light shrugged and Marcy turned toward the open window. "Ever see gorgeous face naked?"

Addison gawked at Marcy. "Uh" her hazel eyes narrowed. "No" Addison twitched.

"Ah shucks" Marcy frowned.

"I think he's more than the pretty face" Addison mumbled trailing to her closet.

"What was that?" Marcy glanced.

"Mr Hardy, I mean he's attractive yes, but there's more"

"You're close aren't you?"

"I suppose" Addison murmured. "We bond"

"Over?" Marcy rose a brow.

"Literature" Addison said quickly. "And other stuff"

"Do tell" Marcy grinned.

"I told you" Addison reminded.

"I wonder if he loves you"

Addison stumbled as she trailed her fingers along the sweaters. She halted as she grasp the black sweater in the lining of the closet. "Are you high?" Addison wondered.

"Seriously, like Logan found me tolerable and grown to love me as one of his own" Marcy said.

"Oh" Addison stumped. "I honestly don't find it irrelevant"

"I still suspect something" Marcy glanced at Addison. "Wear that cardigan"

Addison nodded and wore the cardigan. "Marcy?" Addison asked.

"Yes?" Marcy met her curious gaze.

"How did you know when you were in love with Henry?" Addison asked.

"A month into our relationship" Marcy smiled.

"So soon?" Addison cocked her head smiling.

"Yes and no" Marcy lips twitched. "I mean I knew I could possibly love the guy. That always lingered in my thought. I knew when I told my parents about him"

"Why?" Addison smiled.

"I couldn't shut up about him"

Marcy and Addison burst into laughter.
Then her phone lit up with a text. Addison glanced down at the screen and smiled.

Here

It was from David.

"How romantic" Marcy laughed.

The girls skipped out of the room and trailed down the stairs and Addison halted mid-way to shyly peer at David as he politely talked with her parents.

"Hey David" Marcy said as she passed him. David nodded and Marcy passed him through the front door.

Marcy glanced back and locked eyes with Addison. "Call me".

Addison stepped beside David and smiled. Elizabeth grinned at the two, a little to eagerly. Where Logan looked as if he would burst into tears any moment.

"Addison has a curfew" Logan said sternly.

"Oh honey" Elizabeth sighed. "It's a Saturday"

"I want you home by twelve" Logan said to Addison. A small smile appearing on his lips.

"Yes sir" Addison rolled her eyes.

Logan smirked and bumped her shoulder. "Be safe"

"And no speeding" Logan yelled as they walked to David's classic muscle car.

"A Pontiac?" Addison clarified gazing at the car. "A 67'"

"You're cute and you know your cars" David sighed. Addison blushed and she shifted herself into the leather seat and buckled the harness over her chest.

As the dark blue car eased out of the driveway Addison couldn't keep help but gaze over at the house next door.
______________________________________

Addison had suggested a dinner to partake in the thrill of the ice cream date.
The dinner was a hang out spot in town and Addison quickly recognized Troy and other players of the football team in the booth.
Addison trailed behind David and followed his slender jacket along the way to there table. David slid in and smiled as Addison sat facing him.

"I got a gander of jerk face" David muttered. Addison smiled and leaned toward him whispering. "I know"

"I am very thrill to know I got you to come along" David said.

Addison eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?" She smiled perplexed.

"Your out of my league" David laughed.

"Oh" Addison shook her head. "Don't believe that".

"Troy said I couldn't do it but I did" David said glancing at the boy.

"Explain?" Addison said a little harshly. "I'm deeply confused"

"Oh don't misunderstand" David waved his hands defensively. "Talk in the locker room. I sort of made it clear how I thought of you and Troy made these snide comments"

Addison frowned and her chest seemed to heave. "This isn't some kind of game is it?" She asked lowly.

"No, I wouldn't have wasted all this time if it were"

Does he think this is a compliment of some sort?

Addison eyes narrowed, uncomfortable she gazed down at the menus.
David kept quite and Addison was more than thankful for that.

Suddenly it seemed David grew another personality in the twenty minute car ride over.
It was the cockiness.

"So uh may I ask you something?"

Addison glanced up and nodded. "Okay, it's extremely personal but are you a virgin?"

"Why would that matter over ice cream?" Addison wondered briskly.

"I mean you don't have to-"

"I am" Addison said sharply. She didn't find it to be a gut wrenching secret.
Why should she deny it? She was rather content.

Addison looked away from David. This little date was going down hill.

On a stool and tiny silhouette caught her eye.

"It's Sam" Addison exclaimed.

"That boy you rescued?"

"Sam Colt" Addison corrected.

Addison glanced at him. Sam had his back turned to them but he sat alone on the stool.

"He should come and sit with us" Addison thought.

"Why?" David wondered.

"He's alone" Addison responded. "What's the harm?"

"I know your caring and shit but are you going to ruin this date over a freshman?"

Addison opened her mouth to respond with a sarcastic remarked but opted out in nodding.

"You got to be kidding me" David sighed.

"I can see that you shown your true self and to be blunt I don't mind in walking all the way home if that means you would leave"

"What?" David said dumbfounded.

"You're a asshole" Addison stated. "Why would I want to surround myself with assholes?" Addison asked sincerely.

"Wow" David said. "Troy was right you are a bitch"

"Goodbye David, have fun spending your night with Troy"

Addison didn't wait for a witty reply back. She wasn't even mad. Not yet.
Addison slowly walked up to Sam and tapped his shoulder.

"May I join you?" Addison smiled.

Sam nervously glanced around. That brought a furrowed brow. "Um okay" Sam nodded.

Addison smiled and plopped down next to Sam.

"I thought you were with David" Sam mumbled.

"I was never with him" Addison lips twitched. "Quite frankly David Verga is a douche"

Sam laughed and glanced up at Addison. "He used to stick gum on my back"

"I have found a reason to despise him"

Sam smiled and Addison returned it. "Why are you here?" She wondered.

"My sister works here" Sam answered. "You can't go wrong with free sundaes"

Addison laughed and nodded her head agreeing. "That's her" Sam pointed to a twenty something pretty brunette busting tables.

Addison smiled as she walked by. Sam's sister seemed to do a double take and slowly walk back.
Her brown eyes narrowed. "Hi"

"Hi, Im Addison. I go to school with Sam" Addison informed.

"Oh" She laughed and shook her head. "I'm Samantha"

Addison smiled.
Sam and Samantha

"Can I get you anything?" Samantha asked.

"A coke please" Addison watched Samantha hurry off. Her gaze shifted to Sam who leaned against the counter.

"You should sit with my friends at lunch from now on"

"Really? Would they get met?"

"No" Addison giggled a bit. "No way"

"Um okay" Sam nodded. Samantha rushed over and placed the glass of caffeine onto the counter top. Addison inhaled a gulp and glanced back down at Sam.

"See you Monday by the oak tree"

Sam nodded quickly. Addison smiled and placed a bill on the counter.

"Bye, Addison" Sam called lowly.

"Bye, Sam" Addison smiled.

Addison trailed along the tables and booths of the small dinning. Her gaze lowered to view her contact in her mobile.

"Ha virgin for life"

Addison glanced up reflexively and noticed Troy grinning at her from the booth.
Her eyes narrowed to David ,who sat at the table besides Troy's table.

"I love me some virgin" Troy sneered.

"Excuse me but I didn't hear you correctly? Did you want me to break your nose for real this time?" Addison furrowed her brow.
Laughter erupted from Troys friends.

"Saving it until marriage?" Troy asked.

"I wouldn't really talk" Addison calmly said. "It is unlikely for any species to find you remotely attractive for sexual interactions"

"Huh?"

"Let me dumb it down for you" Addison cleared her throat. "No girl will have the pity to have sex with you"

"Ah get laid" Troy waved.

"Will do" Addison laughed.

"To pretty for us?"

Addison stepped toward the door but a suddenly smack to her rear caused her to freeze.
Shock, complete and utter shock flowed through her.

Addison glanced back and Troy held a smug smile.
Acting on instinct Addison grasped the nearest object and lunged it toward his face.
Hot sauce.
It splattered right in his eyes. His screams and panic filled the diner.

"That's what you get" Addison clenched her teeth. "Asshole"

Addison stormed away but a hand clamped down on her. She peered up glaring and David eyes were wide.

"Addison , look I'm sorry"

Addison wrenched her hand away. "Stay the hell away from me" she pushed open the door and stepped out grasping her phone in her hands.
Her chest seemed to heave with sudden hysteria.

Addison dialed Logan's phone number.
He answered on the first ring.

"Dad?" She asked.

"Addy, Michael is running a low mild fever we had to take him to the emergency room. Is everything okay?"

"David turned out to be a complete douche and Im stuck here without a ride home" Tears spilled from her eyes as she spoke.

"That little fucke-"

Addison tuned out Logan curse words for David Verga.

"Did he hurt you?" Logan yelled.

"No. I left him" Addison answered shakily.

"Call Edward and he'll come and get you"

Addison cried more as she comprehended Mr Hardy would see her like this. "Dad, no-"

"Call him" Logan sighed. "I will text you his number"

"Okay" Addison nodded sniffling.

"Addy, I'll be home soon"

"Okay daddy" Addison cleared her throat.

Logan disconnected the line and Addison stared at the shared contact she had received.
Addison whipped away her eyelashes and took a deep breath and -

Marcy

She fumbled with the touchscreen and dialed Marcy's number.

It went straight into voicemail. "Hey sorry i didn't pick up your call. I guess I hate you that much" Marcy recorded voice said.

"I hate you back" Addison yelled into the phone.
Addison ended the conversation and paced around the lot.

I'll walk.. A twenty minute drive.. A hour walk home.. Past ten at night

Addison clicked the call button and pressed the phone to her ear.
A hysterical cry was building up in her chest.

"Ello?" His voice was so pleasant to Addison ears.

"Mr Hardy?" Addison asked hysterically.

"Addison?" He asked concerned.

She was shocked he knew it was her.

"I-" Addison began gazing around. "I'm here at the diner and I knew I should of listened to you about David-- Im all alone and it's dark-- Im scared I might be on dateline if you don't come-- I have no ride home-- I'm terrified"

"I'll be right there"
_____________________________________

Headlights eased into the lot. Addison sat on the curb and folded her head into her lap. She sat there crying.
The car park right in front of Addison. But she knew who it was instantly. Addison lifted her head and stumbled into a stance. She quickly rushed over as he lightly closed the drivers door.
Addison walked straight into his arms and Mr Hardy immediately hugged her back.

Addison cried and cried into the white shirt he wore.

"Come, Darling" Mr Hardy pulled her around the car and gently placed her into the passenger seat.
Once she was strapped in her gaze turned behind her and witness a sleeping Louis in his seat.

Mr Hardy glanced at Addison and shifted the car into drive and pulled out of the lot.

"Tell me what happened" Mr Hardy voice calmed her.

"David Verga is slime" Addison rubbed her eyelid. "I think I am going to kill Troy too"

"Go on" Mr Hardy urged calmly.

"He smacked my ass" Addison stated calmly. Then she proceeded into telling him of the eventful night she had.
The car slowly skidded to a stop.

"What was that?" Mr Hardy brow raised.

"It's okay. I threw hot sauce in his eyes" Addison sniffled.

"That's my girl"
Addison heart leapt in her chest. She glanced quickly at Mr Hardy.

"I'm really thankful that you came" she spoke softly.

"Ah" Mr Hardy frowned glancing at her. "Did you doubt that I would show?"

"No" Addison half smiled.

"No more tears" Mr Hardy smiled in returned. "Why was it that you were crying anyhow?"

"I was furious. I still am" Addison grumbled.

"That boy will get what's coming to him" Mr Hardy murmured. "Logan wants you to stay in my flat for now"

"Sure" Addison nodded yawning in the process. "I'm really sorry"

"I'll always be there to pick you up no matter what the time is" Mr Hardy smiled as he pulled the car into the driveway.

"Why?" Addison asked boldly.

"You're a charm" his lips twitched as he spoke.

Mr Hardy killed the engine and stepped out and pulled Louis into his arms. Addison followed suite and Mr Hardy led her into his home.

"Just a moment" Mr Hardy whispered and took Louis up the stairs.
Addison trailed into the living space and sat down on the sofa.
Mr Hardy appeared as he rounded the corner.

"Tea?"

Addison lips twitched mockingly. "No thanks".

"Kick back and relax" Mr Hardy smirked sitting down next to her.

"Addy?" Mr Hardy glanced sideways.

"Mhmm?" Addison yawned.

"I am thrilled you stood up for yourself".

"I am too" Addison sighed.

"It would be a tad bit ridiculous of a grown man beating up a punk kid" Mr Hardy laughed bleakly.

Addison rose her brows perplex. "As in yourself?"

"Of course" A crooked smile appeared on his mouth. "I can't speak for Logan though.."

"I might leave out the sexual harassment part" Addison mumbled. Mr Hardy frowned. "I don't need my dad or you" Addison muttered. "Going to jail" she pondered. "Especially you. You're a teacher I can't believe you find the need to threaten a boy"

Addison glanced at Mr Hardy. He lifted his lips into a grin. "The lad is a booger"

"Nevertheless both of them will die alone"

"Hopefully to your liking" Mr Hardy beamed.

Addison nodded smiling and lowered her head to the armrest of the sofa.

"Tired?" Mr Hardy chuckled.

"Nah" Addison eyelids lowered as she spoke. "You know. ." She yawned "you're a special type of being"

"Likewise" Mr Hardy whispered shuffling around to drape a thick blanket over Addison.

"You can dream now"

Addison smiled and met his eyes.

"Thanks for coming to save me" she said softy as she was beginning to fall dreamingly into a slumber.

"Anytime" Mr Hardy hovered above her.

Addison drifted off into a precious slumber.
___________________________

Mr Hardy stood above her marveling as she slept.
A nauseous, overwhelming feeling passed him and he reminded himself she was okay and away from those boys.

Mr Hardy placed a pillow under her head gently. His fingers lingering above her hair line. He rubbed her scalp and leaned into to whisper into her eardrum

He thought this would bring some sort of comfort to her, to know he was right besides her.

Mr Hardy spoke softly in her eardrum:

"Sweet dreams, Darling".
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me your thoughts? ❤☺ so excited!

Addison's Attire