The House Next Door.

Sonic

"I could possibly get fired for this"

Mr Hardy voice trailing behind Addison as she walked calmly towards the door. Her palm pushed the door to a close.
Addison turned slowly and met Mr Hardy, inches away. He smiled wickedly down at her.

"What is that?" Addison wondered.

Mr Hardy held out a folder to her. "The exam"

Addison eyes narrowed. A slow smile formed on her lips. "You're going to show me the exam?" She asked skeptical.

"Darling" Mr Hardy sighed. "I'm allowing you to create the class exam"

"Why would you allow me?"

Mr Hardy smiled. "Pick out the questions and it will magically show up on the exam"

"I'll be taking the exam too" Addison stated. "That's not very fair"

"Addy, you're a very bright girl. Your going to be graded on a different exam"

Addison pursed her lips. "You're faith in my intelligence is very irrational"

"Let's be honest with one other" Mr Hardy said meeting her anxious gaze. "You could have been in your second year of college with the brain you have. But you decided on staying in high school."

Addison gawked. "Did my parents tell you-"

"Absolutely not" Mr Hardy shook his head. "I took the liberty in glancing at you're transcript"

"Why?" Addison asked shyly.

"I'm just giving what you secretly seek for" Mr Hardy leaned into her. "You seek for a challenge"

And a challenge Addison was having.
_________________________________

After a long gut wrenching practice Addison noticed Marcy skipping away with Henry, hand in hand.

"Marcy" Addison yelled.

"Didn't you get my text?" Marcy twirled around.

Addison glowered and glanced at the screen to her phone.
Henry is taking me to a very fancy restaurant out of town right after practice.

Addison lifted her gaze and smiled tightly. "Have fun" she waved her fingers toward the couple.

"We can drop you off-" Marcy began.

"It's okay" Addison waved. She turned and jumped completely startled over the hovering man before her.

"I got you covered"

And he grabbed the sports bag out of her hands and began to walk to his vehicle.
Addison glanced as the Honda rolled past them, Marcy dancing behind the wheel as she pointed at Addison.
Addison shot her a certain finger.

Addison scrambled forward and caught up to Mr Hardy. "Honestly" she breathed. "You can't be my rescuing hero for long"

Mr Hardy peered at her curiously as he pursed his plump lips. "I suppose I can't be. But I can be today" he grinned. "Get in"

As if it was the most casual thing in the world Addison climbed in.
It ought to be causal, this was becoming a ritual between the two.

Addison stared ahead, deciding to stare deeply into the windshield.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Addison smiled and glanced at him. "Nothing in particular"

"Bullocks" Mr Hardy glanced at her. His nose scrunched up. "Utter lies coming from you"

Addison laughed as her cheeks turned pink. "Honest".

Mr Hardy pressed his lips together and raised his lips into a smile.
Addison sighed and peered away-

To notice the vehicle was rolling past the road to their homes.

"Where are we going?" Addison turned to him with furrowed brows.

"I'm starved" Mr Hardy said sighing.

"Are you.." Addison forced the sadness in her voice. "Kidnapping me?"
She muffled the giggles with the hem of her shirt.

Mr Hardy smiled wildly. Sort of devilishly. "I am" he nodded.

"This is exciting"

And the pair began to laugh.
Mr Hardy gripping the wheel as his musical deep laugh echoed through the car.

"You're craving a sonic?" Addison snickered. As the car pulled into the fast food restaurant.

"A milkshake" Mr Hardy beamed.

Addison scrunched up her face teasing the man.

"Come along" Mr Hardy beamed climbing gracefully out of the car.

Addison took a deep breath and copied him.

Mr Hardy waited for her on the curb with a smile plastered on his lips.

"I get a kick out of the wheelies"

"Rollerblades" Addison rolled her eyes.

Mr Hardy shrugged. He sat on the metallic table and gazed at the wide sign of selections.

"Over two thousands slush" Mr Hardy whispered to her.

"Try the peanut butter shake" She whispered back.

"What will you be having?" Mr Hardy glanced. "It's on me" he smiled.

Addison gaze shifted and found the first thing on the menu. "I will be having the .." She started then cocked her head. "The cheese cake shake"

"Sounds awful"Mr Hardy sneered laughing.

Addison pressed her lips together trying not to laugh.

"Press the button" Mr Hardy whispered nudging her to do so.

Addison beamed and pressed lightly on the button.
Their gaze shifted to the door and a middle age man glided out on blades.

"What can I get you two?" He asked mumbling.

"The peanut butter and the cheese cake shake please" Mr Hardy smiled.

The man zoomed away and back into the small area.
Mr Hardy turned and peered down at Addison. They sat on the bench of the table staring directly into one another eyes.

"Ha you blinked" Addison said suddenly.

Mr Hardy cocked his head and smiled. "I didn't realize you were playing a game"

Addison lips twitched and smiled. Mr Hardy smiled wickedly down at her.

"I need to know something that has been irking me since lunch"

"Okay" Addison said nervously.

"Why did you stay?" Mr Hardy murmured. "You had a lovely opportunity and you decided on staying. Why?"

Addison smiled and her eyes began to narrow. "I stayed because I didn't have any friends"

Mr Hardy brow furrowed. "That's absurd you have-"

"At the time. I had Marcy as my only friend so why would I leave if my only friend was in high school?" She said softly.

"Well, you have many friends now" Mr Hardy tapped her leg. Addison met his gaze and he smiled tightly. "Including myself"

Addison smiled. "I'll get right to it and make the friendship bracelet".

"My color is blue" Mr Hardy told her smiling.

"I'm serious"

"I hope you are"

The stared seriously at one another until one began to smile.

The man whisked back with a red tray and handed them there drinks. Mr Hardy placed a bill on the table and took the styrofoam cups.
He handed Addison hers.

"Ah cherries" Addison said.

"Not a fan?" Mr Hardy said.

"No" Addison grumbled.

"Give it here"

Addison glanced and Mr Hardy opened his mouth widely and pointed.
Addison laughed softly and raised the cherry to his lips.
Her knuckle brushing his lips.

His lips. His lips. His lips

Mr Hardy ate the cherry and smiled as he did so.
Addison sipped on the shake. "This isn't so bad"

The cup was out of her hands and Mr Hardy sipped out of the red straw.

"It's delicious" His eyes widen.

Mr Hardy grasped his own and raised the straw to Addison lips. "Try some"

Addison hesitantly put her lips to the straw and inhaled the delicious treat.
She knew it was good. She had told him to get it.

Just being nice
She reminded herself and kept reminding.

Mr Hardy smirked. "You have whip cream" he pointed.

Addison blinked and smiled. She rubbed her lips with her hand. Mr Hardy laughed and began to shake his head.

"Here"

And he reached for her lips with his fingertips.

Their eyes locked and Mr Hardy hand halted on her lips.

And he stood just peering into her wide eyes.

He blinked. And his fingertip gently touched her lips to whip off the cream.

"Better get you home" Mr Hardy burst.
_______________________________

That night Addison couldn't sleep. She had replayed today in her memory for hours. Mr Hardy was in her thoughts.
She rolled over and stared at the drawn curtain to her window.

Addison sighed and reached for her phone.
She began to text the person who was responsible for her being awake.

She texted:

Why can't I sleep?

Seconds later a reply was seen.

I heard of a saying, it goes as if you're awake in someone else's dream that causes your lack of sleep

Addison pondered over his words then a text lightened up the screen. She slowly smiled in the darkness of her room like a idiot.

Apologies, I was sleeping