The House Next Door.

Impossible girl

Soft murmurs flowed through the room as Addison slept dreamingly in his bed, he couldn't resist the urge to glance as she slept, couldn't resist the urge to watch her sleep through the night, couldn't resist..

Louis had been excited to see Addison in his house and asked repeatedly if it was a sleepover and the father insisted it was not, but gave up as his son kept insisting.

Mr Hardy dressed as the clock ticked a quarter to seven in the morning, he entered his bedroom and leaned against his bed frame staring down.
The swirls of her brown hair caused a heap of hair to flow onto his pillow and he was aware of her purse lips as her eyelids stayed closed.

Peaceful, Addison was peaceful and Mr Hardy was amazed at her own peace.

Mr Hardy took in the little twitch in her shoulders and he watched as her body rolled over as did the curls of her hair.
A twitch of her button nose and the girl was awake staring up at him; smiling.
Mr Hardy stood there for a moment to process the ability to comprehend the girl laying in his bed. Smiling as if she belonged there the whole damn time..

"Good morning" Her voice was sweet as honey as she spoke.

"Good morning" Mr Hardy stared questionably before he asked. "How are you feeling?".

"Surprisingly well" Addison sat up and leaned into the head board of the bed and stared at him shyly.

"That's lovely" His voice cracked slightly as his accent took hold. Mr Hardy placed a hand on the table beside his bed and narrowed his eyes to her gaze.

"Are you conscious.." Mr Hardy began but shook his head scoffing at himself. "Do you remember last night?" His expression turning grim.

"Mr Hardy-" Addison closed her lids tightly and winced. "Edward" a whisper escaped her lips and she opened her orbs and he saw the deep concern in her gorgeous eyes. "I'm sorry".

Mr Hardy could sense the hysteria climbing up through her and he did not want that- did not want her to cry. "It's alright" and it was stupid because it was not alright. Mr Hardy pressed his hip onto his mattress.

"No- it's not" Addison shook her head.

What a sensible girl Mr Hardy thought bleak. "Your judgement of choice was not the best-" Mr Hardy nodded. "You were intoxicated" and he wanted her to be okay, to not be sad.

Mr Hardy wanted to forget the swelling of his chest to feel her lips pressed on his own- Absently he shook his head.

"I know" Addison mumbled. "That's why I'm sorry-" and Mr Hardy looked down at the girl perplex. "I didn't mean to be drunk to kiss you"

Mr Hardy cocked his head. "Oh. Addy-"

"Are you angry with me?" Addison interrupted.

"Of course not-" Mr Hardy frowned.

"You wanted it" And it wasn't a question nor a statement.

"Addison, it's more perplex then that-" Mr Hardy looked at her sideways.

"Not if you let it" Addison disagreed.

"I just-"

"It never happened" Addison said suddenly. "I'm sorry it did but I can't- we can't" Addison lifted her gaze and her lips seemed to furrow down.

"Addison- I did in fact allow it-"

"It never happened" Addison whispered. "I don't want to jeopardize your whole life over a crush" Addison laughed bitterly.

"You're hardly at fault-"

"I know" Addison murmured. "That makes it worse" She met his gaze forcefully.

"If I allowed myself I could have fallen in love with you"

The pair seemed to acknowledge Addison words to him and Mr Hardy furrowed his brow. Did he want that? Could he allow this perfect, marvelous girl to actually fall in love with him?
Selfishly, he would.

Addison cleared her throat. "I just want us to be" She paused furrowing her brow. "Aware of the consequence"

Aware of the consequence Mr Hardy inwardly grimaced and was always aware-he wanted to laugh at the girl.
Edward Hardy always aware- of every little thing that was possible but did not care the lightest when it came to her.

"I am aware" Mr Hardy slowly spoke averting his gaze to stare at her clothing. He clothes fit perfectly well on her and it was maddening. "But it seems you misjudge the situation" Mr Hardy lifted his lips in a crooked smile.

"Explain the situation" Addison spoke calmly.

"The consequence does not compare to any emotion I felt for you" Mr Hardy was thoughtful. "You're well worth the risk"

"But I don't want to be a risk" Addison lurched forward to stare at him. "Nor a secret" Addison was inches away and she absently leaned forward. "With a ten year age difference I thought you would understand".

"Of course I do" Mr Hardy scoffed peering at her perplex. "Don't you know you're worth?"

"It has nothing to do-"

"'Course it does" Mr Hardy interrupted harshly. "Who wouldn't want to not be in your presence?" He asked skeptical. "You're a gem, Addison"

Addison stared comprehending his words and she slowly whispered the words
"I just don't want to fall in love with you".

"Darling" Mr Hardy hand traveled to hers and she lightly wrapped a finger around his thumb. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"I'm not" Addison spoke with a shake of her head. "It's just that you're a gem too".

That's when Mr Hardy laughed. Laughed for all the wrong reasons, all of the right reasons. But of course of the right reasons. Mr Hardy laughed; could she be blind? he wondered sincerely.

"Why are you laughing?" Addison asked raising her brows and she spoke with a child's innocence.

"Because you're beautiful" Mr Hardy sighed. Addison pressed her lips in a thin grim line and Mr Hardy lowered his gaze to her mouth.
Twitching, he quickly peered up.

"I want us to be okay" Addison sighed.

"We are" Mr Hardy forcibly smiled.

"Promise me" Addison locked gazes with him.

"This isn't a game. We don't need to pinky promise" Mr Hardy shook his head chuckling.

"A pinky promise is a serious thing" Addison said mockingly and Mr Hardy smiled with a glint of adoration in his eyes.

"Sure it is" Mr Hardy mused thoughtful as he pursed his plump lips.

"So" Addison spoke softly. "What do you say?"

Mr Hardy sighed. "Is this necessary?" He wondered.
Addison nodded with a pout on her lips.

"I promise were okay" Mr Hardy murmured.

"Thanks" Addison mumbled and took his hand. She squeezed his fingertips and peered into his eyes. "I am doing this because I don't want to hurt you"

"Hurt me?" Mr Hardy rose a divided brow.

"As in you're whole life" Addison sighed. "This must be shocking for you to understand but people actually frown upon student and teacher relationships"

"But you're declaring there is no relationship" Mr Hardy pointed.

Addison bit her lip and peered down. "I just.." She trailed off frowning. "I'm sorry"

"There's no reason to be" Mr Hardy gently said. "You're still my star"

And she began to cry, not the hysterical crying but a gentle tear rolled down her cheeks and he fumbled toward her and gathered her in his arms.
Addison held him tightlyand sigh shakily.

"Why in the world are you crying?" Mr Hardy asked puzzled.

"Because I want you" Addison voice cracked and Mr Hardy arms around her tightened. "I don't want to.."

Mr Hardy opened his mouth. "Addison, don't do it-"

"I have to" Addison nodded against him.

"We deserve better" and that was true on her part. Addison Frost deserved a man that can flaunt her as he pleased; in Mr Hardy eyes this was true. "No secrets" she rubbed the tears out of her eyes and tried to smile.

Mr Hardy lowered his gaze and mumbled the words. "I'm not going to just push you to the side and forget you".

"I'm not either" Addison mumbled. "I- no, we need to adjust".

Mr Hardy frowned deeply. "Are we breaking up?"

Addison blinked and the pair began to laugh uncontrollably.

"You're such a fool" Addison sighed.

"Fool? yes I am" Mr Hardy nodded and peered at her.

"I'm sorry"

"Do you realize that there are ways to approach this?" Mr Hardy asked.

"I am trying to make this less painful" Addison groaned. "Let's dodge the heartbreak?"

"This isn't you" Mr Hardy frowned. "You're acting extremely cold"

"I have to-"

"Damn it, Addison" Mr Hardy snapped. "You do not"

"I do" Addison glared harshly at him."You'll thank me one day"

Mr Hardy rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Finally, you're acting as a dramatic teenager".

"I will see you on Monday" Addison began climbing out of his bed.

"You're costume is on the windowsill" Mr Hardy answered laughing at her.

Just as she was stepping off the bed he decided to wrap his arm around her waist pulling her into his lap. She sighed deeply and took in the small circled he was drawing on her back absently.

"This could work-"

"I'm underage" Addison replied.

"Until November Twenty Fourth" Mr Hardy reminded smug.

"My father-"

"Is a acceptable man" Mr Hardy answered quickly.

"I'm going away for college-"

"I'll teach there- I'll just follow you" Mr Hardy laughed in her ear. Addison smiled turning away.

"I can't-"

"You don't want to?" Mr Hardy peered at her sideways. "That will be a point- drawing the line as you will"

"I don't want to"

Mr Hardy arms sagged and Addison lurched forward refusing to look at him.
Mr Hardy took notice in her shaking shoulders.

"I know you're lying" Mr Hardy said peering down. "But I will respect you and you're unreasonable reasons"

Addison gathered her things and unlocked the windowsill. She inhaled slowly and breathed out of her mouth.

"I just didn't want to get my heart broken"

"You weren't thinking of your heart before-"

Still not peering back at him. "No, i was thinking with my heart- I will not be one of those characters- I am no Juliet"

Mr Hardy grinned. "As I am no Romeo"

"You're better" Addison replied.

"Just calm down-"

"I am calm"

"Sure. But, Darling-" Mr Hardy agreed. "Try not to be irrational"

"I am not" Addison sniffed. "Let me do this"

Mr Hardy swallowed and began to walk slowly toward her without being noticed as he placed a hand on her waist, she shook against him.

"Just know that Im here- just as before"

"I consider you a close friend" Addison nodded.

"That's well. I will not forget you"

"How could you?" Addison laughed humorless. "Im everywhere"

"That's not as bad as it seems" Mr Hardy mused. "I take joy in seeing you"

Addison sighed and could not form any words to him- she nodded, trying to show him she agreed.
Mr Hardy brushed the hair away from her shoulder and rested his chin. "How about we forget about last night- move forward?"

"Doesn't change the fact that Im always going to want to" Addison mumbled.

"Hmm?" Mr Hardy asked.

"I'm always going to want to kiss you"

A low chuckle escaped his lips and he slowly turned her around so he could gaze at her face soothingly.

"What is holding you back?" And his voice was husky intently and it brought a swirl of wanting in her chest.

"I don't want to hurt you-"

"You're not hurting me" and it brought a sly smile to appear on his lips. "You're improving my life actually"

Addison rolled her neck and fidgeted against him.

"Embrace your life- hold no regrets" He spoke gently to her.

"You're impossible" Addison sighed throwing her head back. "The worse"
Mr Hardy smiled and as she brought her gaze back to him- he took ahold of her neck and grasped her cheek adoringly swiping away a dry tear away- he sighed content-fully peering at her as she did the same.

"Screw it all the hell" Mr Hardy murmured and the pair seemed to lurch forward.

Pressing his lips to her mouth- for the first time as she had kissed him the first time last night and at the thought of this shy girl kissing a grown man first caused him to shake with laughter.
Addison seem to bubble up with the want she had always felt as Mr Hardy hooked a arm around her waist pulling her to him- and pulling and pulling.
Until she was pressed against his chest- their lips never flinching away-

"Think about this" Mr Hardy murmured against her lips.

"I thought about it" Addison laughed and pulled away with closed eyelids. Mr Hardy rubbed her shoulders until she revealed her orbs and when she did he sighed.

Addison pecked his lips and backed slowly away. "I won't forget this-" Addison smiled. "Or last night- or the other nights we shared"

Mr Hardy touched his lips absently and her touch seem to linger. He furrowed his brow as he watched her slowly step away from him.

"Addy?" Mr Hardy asked. "What are you saying?"

"Im saying-" Addison averted her gaze and sighed. "I'm saying ill see you Monday" and she forced her lips to raise in a smile.

Mr Hardy shoulders slump and he raised his finger. "Cheeky, very cheeky"

"I won't forget" Addison climbed through the window and glanced back.
Mr Hardy rubbed the back of his neck with both hands and his mouth twitched.

"Neither will I"

"Im counting on that" Addison smiled as she sat in his windowsill.

"Come back in here"

"Just as before" Addison said suddenly. "Okay?" And she nodded more to herself. "I lo-"

"Addy-"

"Just as before"

Addison crept out of the windowsill and climbed her way toward her own and Mr Hardy stood there for a moment- grinning actually.

One of a kindHe praised.

Mr Hardy stood there and rubbed the back of his neck nonchalant before brushing his lips with his fingertips.

"Impossible girl"

There was no forgetting her- this wasn't going to be the end.

The thought- the assuring thought brought a small smile to his lips and Mr Hardy could not wait for Monday morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?