The House Next Door.

Heartache

As if a shock of electricity surged through the student and teacher; Addison and Mr Hardy pulled away further from each other. She kept her gaze to Marcy, who stood in the doorway aimlessly.

"Thanks" Addison managed and approached Marcy slowly.

Addison peeked behind to find Mr Hardy meeting her gaze worriedly and Addison raised her lips in a reassuring smile.
The girls began to walk toward the entrance until Marcy handed Addison's phone.

"I swiped it right before we left" Marcy said pushing the entrance doors open. Addison glanced and peered closely to witness any expression of betrayal.
There was none on Marcy's happy face.

"Thanks.." Addison breathed and clench her hand around her phone.

"No problemo" Marcy chirped making her way to her car. "Still want to some latte's?"

Addison nodded dazedly and slid in to the car strapping her self in. "I may have done something stupidly wrong"

Marcy pulled out of the parking lot, craning her neck as she drove. "What was that?" She asked glancing.

Addison slowly repeated and her gaze was furrowed toward the windshield. "I may have developed feelings.." She began and looked to Marcy completely nervous.

Marcy opened her mouth and locked eyes with Addison. "Mr Hardy? No shit" she began to laugh. "Who wouldn't?"

Addison suppressed a smile and turned in her seat. "It's wrong"

Marcy glanced sideways. "As is everything teenagers do" Marcy scoffed. "It's not that you're in love right?"

Addison absently sighed and leaned in her seat. "No"

Lie. Lie. Double, triple lies. I am a lair. Addison closed her eyes tightly.

"I think he's gorgeous. In fact I believe he's quite fond of you" Mary said glancing.

Addison opened her eyes and allowed her brows to furrow. "That will surely go to my head"

Marcy shrugged and grinned smugly toward her. "You'll be eighteen in a month.."

"Marcy-" Addison groaned but her friends was quick to interject. "You never know what will happen that's life- it's full of possibilities and that what makes it beautiful" Marcy told her.

Addison sighed and nodded, agreeing with her friend. Life was beautiful and the possibilities were beautiful.

"I'm just getting the best of myself" Addison murmured.

"Who knows.." Marcy shrugged.

Addison kept silent to the coffee shop and did not want to speak anymore. She felt like she spoke to much and gave up Edwards secret.

I am .. His secret

And with much guilt and boldness; Addison did not want to be his secret.

Addison wanted to be free.

____________________________

Addison approached the white door and slowly jabbed her finger to the bell. The ring was heard through the quite home and shuffling of steps.

The door opened and Addison already began to smile. "Hi"

Mr Hardy arm was raised above him to the door and his hip leaned to the open doorway. He nodded smiling.

"May I come in?" Addison asked.

Mr Hardy stepped away and allowed Addison to walk in the den. She turned to face him and he wore a hard expression on his face.

"Marcy-?"

"Doesn't know" Addison assured him quickly. "I'm sorry-"

"It ain't your fault. It was idiotic on my part" Mr Hardy tightly smiled.

Addison mouth twitched and she played with her fingers before speaking. "I just wanted to let you know we're- everything is okay"

"Great" Mr Hardy smiled.

"Are you okay?" Addison finally asked taking in his tight persona around her.

"I am" Mr Hardy informed.

Addison touched her palm to her forehead pondering. "What's wrong?"

"I need to rethink my actions"

Addison snapped her gaze to him questioningly. "Oh?" She whispered.

In a white shirt and black track pants Mr Hardy approached her. "What if Marcy had read the conversations? What if it hadn't been Marcy? I- it was personal"

"I'm sorry-" Addison told him sincerely.

"It's my fault, Addy" Mr Hardy sighed. He stepped closer and she absently leaned toward him.

"What are you saying to me?" Addison wondered tediously.

"I need to rethink this"

Addison stepped back in order to peer at him closely. "I thought.. I thought you-"

"I do" Mr Hardy pulled her wrist to hug her closely to him. "I do" He mumbled.

"Rethink .. Me?"

"'Course not. Never. I need to rethink my carelessness" Mr Hardy patted her hair.

"You don't want to .." Addison murmured and slowly nodded. "I understand"

"Do you?" Mr Hardy asked lowly. Addison lifted her gaze and raised her lips.
She nodded even though her chest ached. "I do"

Mr Hardy wrapped a arm around her waist and leaned towards her. Addison closed her eyes at the touch of his lips to her forehead.

"I feel the same way as I did yesterday" Edward whispered to her.

"You just want to stop-end our little two day romance" Addison pulled back and he looked to her frown. "I'm not a child you don't have to sugar coat it" Addison briskly said.

"I am not" Mr Hardy disagreed.

"Just save me the trouble please" Addison murmured.

Mr Hardy laughed causing Addison to frown deeply. "Clearly you are no child. You're to mature to understand".

Addison narrowed her eyes and scoffed. "I'm not risking your life for a makeout session. Okay? It's okay"

"Fine"

Addison swallowed the lump that was forming and heavily sighed. "Okay" she clarified. "I promise to not speak a word to anyone"

"I know you won't"

Addison lowered her head and narrowed her eyes in slits; she allowed her head to get the best of the situation. Wasn't this the rational choice?
Addison did not know nor tended to find out.

"I-" Addison began but shook her head seeming to loose her wording.

"Addy-" Mr Hardy began but the front door opened causing the two to pull away. Addison glanced to him and he was already greeting his son.

Addison took in his dazzling smile and sighed; she captured it in memory and chose to lock it away with her thoughts.

Louis smiled and hugged Addison as she patted his back. The little boy ran away toward the stairs. Mr Hardy peered at Addison.

"You expect me to push away any feelings I have for you?" He murmured.

"No. I want you to. As I will do the same" Addison answered. Her voice shook slightly.

This felt like a breakup. But there was never a relationship. Why does this hurt? Addison wondered and it was obvious she felt for him; did not want to let go.

"Addison, I can't-"

"I'll see you around" Addison said and walked past him. Mr Hardy hand raised to catch her wrist but Addison was already turning toward him.

In a matter of seconds. If the man would have blink he wouldn't of seen her leaping on her toes to press her lips to his cheek clumsily. Addison pulled away and slightly turned hesitantly.

The simple touch of her lips caused Mr Hardy to rethink his idiotic paranoia. Edward Hardy did not want her to leave. All that was going through his motion was: stay stay stay stay stay stay stay

Mr Hardy opened his mouth and pursed his lips to speak her name; it shuffled between his lips as it was a second nature in saying her name. "Addison"

But it was to late as all things were in life. Life was a beautiful heartache to the man and he knew caring for the girl would bring such ache to his heart. But Addison Frost was worth the heartache and all things sad.

It was too late as the front door to his home closed.

__________________________________________

Alone in her bedroom she decided to crawl in to bed.

Addison decided to delete the text messages and his number. It was a idiotic thing to do as she memorized his number.
Addison felt a little bit better and she had pulled the curtains to her window blocking the view to his own window. She kept her gaze dazledy ahead.

Addison laid there and sucked in a breath calming the rushing ache in her chest.

The ache deepened and without long Addison was crying.

So, this is what heartache feels like?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness of the chapter.

❤️- tell me your thoughts.