The House Next Door.

Possibility

Addison Frost was brave.

Addison had kept the smile on her face and attended class, practice and after school. She had kept her attitude happily and tried not to draw any attention to herself. Elizabeth and Logan were obvious; expecting the sudden slug mood to be of the teenage blues. Her parents allowed her to be just that; a teenager.

Addison trailed along the field and the students rushed the campus from the hour lunch. She had thought of actually going to his room. But she had thought bitterly of it and decided to find Marcy and Henry.
Addison grasped the cover of her journal and novel and walked in search.

"Addison"

The call of her name caused her to tense but the voice held no accent and she immediately calmed. Ashlie Keel sat with her usual bitch click.
She swept her new dyed black hair away from her eyes and a little smirk played on her lips.

"Is it really true Mr Hardy is your neighbor?" Ashlie unnecessary bubbly tone asked.

Addison was tempted to roll her eyes but she nodded sharply.

"Holy shit. He's so hot" Ashlie squealed along with her friends.

Addison couldn't resist. She rolled her eyes and stepped away.
Her thoughts traveled and in that moment she missed Mr Hardy terribly.

_______________________

Edward had a clear view of the girl as he stood idly in the courtyard; watching.
He had watched- no examined her. Edward had completely halted seeing her waltz through the campus.
Edward leant his shoulder on the brick wall of the school. Addison had stopped to speak to Ashlie which sparked his interest in knowing of there differences.

Addison had rolled her eyes and strolled away. Edward chuckled to himself at the act.

Edward gazed ahead and spotted Marcy and Henry on the grass. His gaze flickered back to Addison.
Her expression had change suddenly and Edward plump lips lowered slightly in knowing of her expression to be of sadness. Addison was sad and there he stood just watching.

But, her expression lightened when Addison plopped down to greet her friends. Edward eyes squinted and Addison clutched a novel tightly in her hands.
The lavender dress she wore swayed slightly and Edward held his breath as she laughed tilting her head back.

Beautiful. Simply marvelous Edward marveled.

His lips twitched to see Addison raising taking Marcy hand as Henry rose. Edward thought of a good excuse to speak to her; just to peer into her eyes.
Hear her soft voice.
But he didn't intend to break this moment. Addison lips lifted and a smile broke through.

Her hazel eyes shifted and Edward licked his lips actually smirking. He lowered his head and stepped back, away from the brick wall.

There eyes met for a moment. Addison found her way to him. Even with students piling the campus. She found his gaze as he did hers.

Sheepishly, he smiled and his smile grew more to know of the novel in her clutching grasp.

It was Edward's novel.

_______________________________

"Marcy, you idiot"

Addison gripped the seatbelt tightly and glared sideways at her friend. Marcy responded with mechanic laughter and grinned slightly chaotic back.
Marcy kept the red Honda parked as the two ran inside for beverages in the local gas station.

"Redbull" Marcy called running back outside to pump her gas.

"Yeah, that's what you need" Addison muttered grabbing a water and the energy
drink. Trailing toward the counter she grabbed random junk.

Snickers, Milky Way, Corn nuts

Addison approached the counter and smiled at the grump man. He rang her up slowly and Addison glanced out the glass windows and froze.

"Keep the change" she whispered and planted a crisp bill in his waiting palm.

Addison grasped the plastic bag and slowly walked through the open doors. She gazed at Marcy and allowed herself to meet blue eyes.

"Mr Hardy" Addison noted pleasantly. He
lifted his lips acknowledging her as he pumped his gas.

"Did you get my cherry sours?"

Addison snapped her gaze to Marcy. "What?"

Marcy puffed and huffed and closed the gas cap and sped off toward the entrance. Addison shoulders slumped and walked toward the passenger side.
Mr Hardy kept his gaze forward until she was inches away.

"Miss our lunches, Addy"

Addison turned and met his patient gaze. "I didn't know-" she trailed off with her sentence as his lips lifted.

"There's always Monday"

"Okay" Addison sighed.

"Okay" Mr Hardy returned smiling.

___________________________

"I think I made a mistake"

Addison gazed straight ahead to her reflection. She kept repeating the words attempting to bring some calmness to herself when the words were spoken to Mr Hardy.

Addison did not want to leave; who was she kidding?

"I know I made a mistake" she whispered to her reflection.
She stared and met the reflections wide and innocent eyes. Addison heart shaped lips twitched and she pushed her palms off the bathroom counter.
Addison made a pit stop into her bedroom and grasped a borrowed novel.

A good excuse.. Addison mused.

Addison took a needed breathe and headed down the stairs. Elizabeth glanced from the couch and cocked a single brow.

"Finished the book" Addison chirped.

Lies- she had finished the book exactly a month ago.

"I'm going to return it" Addison informed.

"Sure sweetie" Elizabeth smiled turning her attention to the television.

Addison was graced with the nightly fall air and she patted along the gravel of her driveway. The book along with her arm swung lazily.
The sweater belonging to Mr Hardy hung at her waist and she couldn't help but smile.

It was a mistake and I love you- Addison rehearsed until a pair had caused her to halt.

A couple embracing each other. Addison cheeks redden and turned clumsily away.
Clumsily away yes, it caused her to drop the novel in her grasp.

Addison gazed up as the novel was in her hands. Addison took a side step toward the house and glanced once more-

A half of a familiar tattoo showed through a v-neck shirt and Addison brows drew in confusedly.

"Oh, Addison"

The voice held familiarity but Addison lowered her gaze.

Addison lifted her gaze and met bluish green eyes. Her mouth formed a 'O' shape and Addison hands clenched around the frame of the book.

Mr Hardy pulled away almost hastily toward the women and it caused the mystery women to glance.

Addison met crystal green eyes and a perfect face that could of been imperfect from the perfection. A brunette women lifted her red shaded lips.

"Addison?" The women asked peering up toward Edward. "Your star. I heard so much about you"

Addison droned out the women's voice and began to calculate the time of her depart.

Eleven days; all that crying and mobbing had been for nothing.
The man did not remotely care.

Or what Addison had thought.

"I'm Samantha Perkins" The women introduced and embraced Addison in a hug.

Addison gaze shifted to a uncomfortable expression. Mr Hardy lip twitched and peered at Addison closely.

"It was nice meeting you" Samantha smiled. Addison returned the smile forcibly. "She's absolutely beautiful" Samantha murmured smiling.

Mr Hardy sharply glanced at Samantha. He wanted to agree, yes, Addison frost was the most beautifulest. Possibly with out a doubt more beautiful than Samantha.
Mr Hardy chose to smile and nod.

And that was saying something.

Samantha lips collided to the corner of his mouth and he eyes widen shockingly. Mr Hardy hand clenched absently.

Samantha smiled and retreated to her vehicle.

Addison puckered her brow and heard the car loudly pass until she met his gaze. "Here's your book" Addison tossed him the worn out novel.

Mr Hardy caught it as his expression soften. "Addison-"

"Don't" Addison said interrupting. "You have nothing to say to me"

"Be remotely open about what I'm going to tell you" Mr Hardy said and he looked at her sternly as he took a singly step toward her.

Addison pursed her lips and clasped her hands together. "Not a chance in purgatory"

Mr Hardy had lost the urge to chuckle at the amusement. "Not what you think, darling"

Addison recoiled from the sweet old nickname. "What should I think? You were all over her!"

"Addison" Mr Hardy laughed softly. "You're impossible. I hugged her; you really think I would forget all about you? You would, wouldn't you ?"

Mr Hardy stared and the wide eyes of Addison's widen and he could see the tears prickle the corner of her eyes.

Mr Hardy sighed.

He pulled at the familiar sweater he once wore and pulled her into his arms.

Addison shoulders sagged and she allowed a tear to escape.

"It was a meeting of the school board and by god the women was forward"

Addison cringed. "You talked about me?"

"Actually she did. Most of the time. We spent our evening talking about you, love. It was not all that bad" he mused.

Addison eyes narrowed and she pulled away. "What?"

Mr Hardy shook his head and smiled dazzling at her.

Addison opened her mouth to press on the subject.
Mr Hardy hand swept over her cheek bone and Addison forget all of the English vocabulary.

"I did in fact miss you"

"Eight long days" Addison returned.

Mr Hardy lips curved up and Addison cursed those eight long days.

"Let's just forget it all and you can keep gracing me with your presence" Mr Hardy suggested and loved watching the heat to sweep to her cheeks.

"How can I forget that?" Addison giggled.

Mr Hardy adoringly gazed and his mouth curved in a smile. "I don't care which way we are as long as I can see you; that is fine"

"It's to much. To risky" Addison murmured

Mr Hardy nodded. "As long as I see you"

"I can survive that" Addison told him shyly. "But-" Addison furrowed her brows. "I see you all the time-"

His lips collided to her own -interrupting her sentence and Addison skin burned from his touch and she smiled through the kiss.

"There's a reason to which I am here"

"What's that?" Mr Hardy asked marveling.

"I may-" Addison said. "There is a possibility of loving you" Addison met his eyes. "I love you."