The House Next Door.

Thanksgiving

A Thanksgiving meal. A expression of gratitude. Addison Frost had been grateful of many things.

It was him that she was grateful for and a quick glance across the table; her heart ache for the gratitude of being his star.
And that reminded her of the night.

It had slipped out and instantly Addison regretted them to watch his features harden drastically.

"I may be in love with you" Addison murmured lowering her head.

"May? As in you're not sure?" He asked briskly.

Addison opened her mouth and ranked for a clever and a non idiotic reply. Her eyes narrowed lifting her gaze to meet his. Addison shoulders lifted and she let out a puff of air.

"Possibly? I'm seventeen. What do I know of love or ever falling in love?" Addison asked skeptical. "How horrifying cliche of me to actually love my English teacher"

"Ah, so you do love me" Edward pointed and a sly smirk played on the corners of his mouth.

Addison rolled her eyes and sighed. "Possibly" she said trying to tone it as nonchalant.

"I think the possibility is rather grand?" He rose a brow and Addison smiled. "But-" he said locking eyes with her. "I want you to love me. You're my star that's all I ever wanted"

Addison silently grabbed his wrist and her forefinger traced gently. She smiled meeting his gaze.

"You're my star" Edward had repeated softly.


"I am Thankful for family" Elizabeth said smiling meeting Logan gaze.

As it went around the table and Addison heart swelled as Edward replied, intentionally locking eyes with her.

He said: "I am thankful of Castine and what this town has brought me"

Now, it was Addison's turn and her hands clasped together and her shoulders raised.
A smiled formed on her curvy lips.

Addison said. "I am thankful.." She trailed off thoughtfully and met ever one she loved smiling faces. It was clear.

"I am thankful for everything"

_______________________________

After the pies and coffee had been inhaled and the family stories of embarrassing Addison had slowly came to a halt. Addison had snuck away.

To their place.

Addison ran through the town houses and her boots had crunch under her gravel. Her breathes were sighted in a white puff as she ran over the bridge.
A opening had brought a smile to her lips and she flung herself on the leaves and stare up with a tilt of her head.

He'll know I'm here Addison thought.

Thanksgiving had been spent with both families that lived next door and Marcy, who had been in on the embarrassing stories but- Addison did not mind. She had been so wrapped up in taking in his soft little hum of laughter she did not even register caring at that point. She just wanted to hear his laughter.
Addison sighed - and took a deep breath of fresh air.

"Lovely night"

Addison lurched up and glanced back already smiling. In a matter of seconds she was wrapping her hands around his waist.
With a flutter- unsteady heart beat she felt his lips on her hair.

"You came" Addison whispered pressing her chin to his abdomen and gazing up.

Edward smiled and brushed her air gently. "I saw you whizz by practically running for your life"

"I was counting on you to follow" Addison smiled sweetly.

"I did" Edward pursed his lips. "What are you thinking?" He asked taking in her attitude.

"I'm thinking of.." Addison said "This" and she took hold of his wrist and yanked him down. Taken by surprise, Edward landed right on top but Addison scooted to the side with a adorable redden face.

"Ah star gazing" Edward said and watched amusedly for her scarlet cheeks to disappear.

"That and also I missed you"

"I spent the entire day with you" Edward chuckled.

Addison mouth twitched and her hand raised to wrap ahold of one of his fingers. Edward sighed and he suppressed a smile.

"Edward?"

"Yes?"

"I love you" Addison said quietly and did not intended to meet his gaze.

Edward felt a tremble as she spoke and his mouth lifted.

The night shone with gratitude as thanksgiving came to a erupt end. Addison did not want it any other way.

Oh, she really did love him.