The House Next Door.

The best part

Edward Hardy leant his broad back to his wooden chair with a light sigh. His class was completely silent as the seniors were taking a exam.
His gaze flickers forcing some nonchalant attitude, with out doubt ever so often his gaze would land on her.

There, at her desk with his pen in her grasp, Addison took the exam. Her expression calm but ever so often her lips would mouth the questions to his exam.

Edward stared for a moment, raising his arm to the back of his neck.

Then, as she always had a knack in knowing, her light eyes landed on his.
Edward kept his expression calm but the clench in his chest told him otherwise.

Her lips raised in a small smile and that's when his heart seemed to beat excessively in his chest at the sight.

The second was gone, Addison lowered her gaze to her exam paper and Edward shifted his gaze to across the room.

Edward was fond of the moments in a silent classroom where he watched her without her really catching him.

He loved her pucker brow when in debate.

He loved her grasp being tighten around her writing tool whenever she wrote.

He loved how her leg would absently bounce as she sat in her desk.

He loved whenever the pulled curtains to his classroom would bring the sunlight and it seemed to only capture her, he loved that the most.

He loved-

The sounding of the bell caused him to raise. Each student handed him the exam paper in his waiting palm.

Marcy with Addison in tow slapped the paper to his palm with a little grumble and Edward smirk.

Addison smiled as they both knew she passed. Her shoulders raised and Addison sighed handing him the paper.

"How do you think you did?" Edward murmured softly.

Mockingly, she frowned. "I don't know, we're going to have to wait and see. Right?". Playfully she grinned and Edward teasingly shook his head.

"The wait will be short" he told her.

"I know" Addison replied.

Addison smiled and lowered her head. A blush colored her cheeks, he was already aware. Just knowing her, he knew of her little quirk.

He noted that he also loved her rosy cheeks.

Addison gathered her breaths and met his gaze.

Edward smiled lightly and nodded placing his students test papers on his desk.

"Till then" Addison said softy.

Again, he nodded and kept his gaze away as she left his classroom.

Of all the things he loved, Addison leaving with a frown plastered on her lips was the most thing he loathed.
_____________________________

"I called for you last night, Elizabeth told me you weren't home" Marcy said swinging her arms as they ran around the track. "Where were you?"

Addison eyes narrowed calculating. "For a run" she said.

Marcy rolled her eyes. "Such commitment. At ten at night?" She asked skeptical.

"Of course" Addison laughed.

Marcy glanced and shook her head mumbling incoherent words that Addison could not hear. "This winter ball thing" Marcy began. "Are you bringing a date?"

Addison tensed reflexively. The thought of the dance and probably going alone, since she couldn't bring Edward caused a little flip of uneasiness in her abdomen. "It's weeks away" she shrugged.

"Oh, please" Marcy gawked. "You planned your own damn future wedding to a perfect tee and you're telling me you're not looking for a date?"

"I do not need a date. I have you" Addison smiled breaking Marcy skepticism.

Marcy hooked their arms together. "You're right. You don't need a guy".

Addison nodded and smiled. "Yeah" she said.

But she felt almost sad, she couldn't gush over a boy-correction a man- to her best friend. Suddenly it was sad to her.

The softball team rounded the final lap of the day.
Mr Hardy screamed nonsense ever so often to keep the girls in line.

"I wanted to ask you something" Addison said glancing.

"Shoot" Marcy chirped.

"Filing for the Mr Cavil for my community service I noticed you were being elected in high honor roll" Addison smiled.

"So cheating off of you has finally paid off?"

Addison burst into laughter. "Yeah-" she was cut short as her breathes turned shallowed and her breathing slowed. Addison gasped and her hand flew to her chest.

"Holy shit?" Marcy said. She pulled at Addison.

Addison closed her eyes and felt her chest slowly ease and her breathing slowly took control.

"I'm getting Coach" Marcy said pulling away.

"No" Addison clutched her arm tightly.

"Addison, what the hell?" Marcy whispered.

"I lost my breath" Addison reasoned. "I'm fine".

The whistle blew and Marcy remained standing in front of her friend. "Can you breath"

"Yeah" Addison eyes narrowed. "I'm standing aren't I?" Addison scoffed teasingly.

"Don't do that again" Marcy said sternly before hugging her tightly.

"Okay" Addison sighed.

"C'mon ladies" The assistant called from the top hill.

Addison pulled away and Marcy slowly climbed the hill. She rested her hand to her heart beat and closed her eyes- she counted. Steady, normal.

Addison was healthy. What's going on? she thought.

"What was that?"

Addison jumped and turned quickly. Mr Hardy stood inches away peering down. "Are you okay?"

Of course, he saw Addison waved her hand dismissively. "Yeah, I'm okay" she told him.

"Go to the nurse" Mr Hardy spoke softly. "Or at least let me look you over".

"I'm fine, really" Addison smiled and brushed her hand to his quickly. "I'm fine" she repeated for his benefit.

Addison quickly stumbled away and took noticed of her aching chest and shallow breathes.

Something was wrong.

_________________________________

"I am literally in love with your bed" Addison whispered softly tilting her chin towards him.

Edward peered down as he rested his cheek to his palm. "Stay awhile" he smirk and trailed his finger along her cheek bone.

Addison lips pulled down in the corner and she glanced at the open window she climbed through. "Very tempting" Addison murmured.

"How do you feel?" Edward asked for the hundred time that night.

Addison rested her hand to his cheek. "I am fine" she told him patiently. "No need to worry".

"I do" Edward said and his plumped lips curved. "About you"

"Oh?" Addison sat up towards him. "Speak of this caring affection towards me" Addison chuckled under her breathe.

"Darling, you know" Edward brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No" Addison disagreed but smiled innocently.

"Fine" Edward smirked and forcibly met her gaze. He took in her innocent wide eyes and smiled gently.

"I want you to know you're the best part of my day" Edward murmured and slowly leaned in. "Of me also" he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"Rest, you have school in the morning"

Addison nodded dazed and again, felt his lips on her forehead. "Goodnight" she squeaked.

Addison stumbled towards the window and heard his laughter with a grimaced of her idiocy.
Addison glanced back and caught sight of him leaning on his hands completely staring at her. Addison's mouth twitched.

It was a fact. God, he's so perfect.

"I-" Addison intentionally peered away. "I love you"

She climbed through the window quickly, cowardly. She balanced her steps and climbed through her own window.

The light to her bedroom was on- Addison cocked her head in wonder and slightly turned.

Halting, completely and utterly terrified. The sight caused her to cover her mouth.

"Tell me something" Marcy pushed off the wall folding her arms across her chest. "What are you doing in the house next door?"