The House Next Door.

The Dance part two

Addison screamed for her. She's couldn't stop. The paramedics retrained her informing of her own injury.

"I don't care" Addison snapped. A warm liquid trickled down to her eyelid and she inspected it. "I'm bleeding" she whispered.

She gazed ahead. Edward was being pushed back. He yelled at the police officer pointing toward her.

Addison turned her head and felt a little sick with the movement. Henry laid against the sidewalk and Marcy-

A firefighter was breaking the windshield to get to her. She had her eyes closed.

Marcy was completely still. A sob rippled through her chest and Addison lurched forward.
Addison pressed against the bumper and reached. Her fingertips brushed against her best friends. She was so cold.
Addison was pulled back harshly.

Edward scream was heard. Addison eyes fluttered. She couldn't really see, now her vision swayed like a sea of current.

She felt her body lean until it hit pavement. It didn't hurt. She barely felt it. Her eyes stayed on the man who screamed for her, his shirt was bloody from her own. Addison pursed her lips to call out.

But she fell unconscious herself.
________________

Edward heart was completely broken. He was unaware of the tears in his eyes. The sight did not help either. She seemed almost dead laying in the hospital bed. But he wouldn't stop gazing.

He rubbed her palm gently murmuring irrelevant things to her.

Edward hand rubbed against his chest and noticed for the first time of the dried blood. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

The monitor was annoying to him. Beeping a cringing sound in the silent room. The noise was unbearable- until a slow breathe surrounded.
Edward peered at her relieved.

Addison blinked several times. She reached for the IV and Edward reached for her hand.
Her gaze found his and she began to cry.

Edward shook his head. "Don't" his voice hoarse.

"I.." Addison cried trailing off. "Marcy" she tried sitting up.

Edward helped gently and rubbed her arm staring carefully at her.

"Marcy" Addison said quietly. "I need to know".

"Addison," Edward twined her fingers with his. "I think you need to rest".

Addison stared and slowly her eyes swelled up. "Oh no. Please no" she begged.

Edward jaw clenched slightly. "Please Addison" he said.

"I can't loose -".

"You didn't loose her." Edward whispered and leaned toward her. "She is well".

Addison crying droned to a halt several moments later. She breathed and gazed at him steadily. "I- I can't- And Henry?" She said.

"Henry is completely fine" He informed being astounded.

"And me?".

Edward snapped his gaze and his heart clenched. He cleared his throat "You have a fractured arm" with the comment she was now aware of the pain. Addison glanced down absently.

Edward stared at her face. The bruise was worse. It swallowed her beautiful face whole. "You have a fractured cheek bone from falling on the pavement".

Addison sighed and Edward saw a tear fall down her cheek. He reached hesitantly but halted when she spoke "Where is my mom?".

"They are coming" Edward informed softly.

"I want to see her" Addison said.

"No" Edward disagreed. "You need rest".

"Okay" Addison nodded. "But first I want to see her".

Edward bit down to hold back a smile. "So stubborn.." He muttered raising out of his chair.

Addison watched quietly as he left for a moment and returned. "Can I?" She asked whispering.

Edward lowered his head. "I can take you upstairs to the maternity wing".

Addison raised and noticed her arm in a sling. "It hurts" She claimed calmly.

Edward frowned deeply. He reached for her hand and led her through the doorway. She walked slowly gripping his arm.

Edward kept his gaze to her. He rubbed small circles on her arm. She felt comfort in that.

The elevator traveled to one floor and the doors opened. Edward led the way and Addison gripped him more tightly now.
He stopped outside a door. "I will wait over there".

"Okay" Addison said.

Edward squeezed and released her arm. Addison stared at the door and turned the knob.
The door opened and she peeked in. Marcy laid there with her gaze to the wall.

Marcy glanced slowly. "Marcy" Addison said unsure.

Marcy began to cry peering at Addison. "Your face" she cried.

"Doesn't matter" Addison walked toward her bed.

"Addison.." Marcy sobs heaved her chest.

Addison stayed quite.

Marcy cried harder.

"I-".

Addison clenched Marcy's hand. She peered at her face and suddenly everything was dark. Addison's heart lowered to her stomach.
Addison lowered her head to allow tears to flow.

"I'm not pregnant anymore".

Tears. And more tears.

"I lost the baby".

Addison sobbed and finally met Marcy's gaze. "I.." Marcy blinked tears away. Her voice was eerily calm. "I delivered a baby girl .. She wasn't alive ..".

Addison sighed, her shoulders sagging. "Oh Marcy" she gripped Marcy so tightly her arm screamed in pain.

"I'm not going to be a mom anymore"

Addison close her eyes tightly. Could this be a nightmare? Her life was perfect; why did this happen to a good person?

Everything hurt and tears came naturally. Their lives would never be the same and that hurt the most.

"The baby.." Mary wailed.

Addison heart and life crumbled to a million pieces.

She begged for some higher power to relive time.. to go back and change a moment.

Addison wanted her heart not to be sore. It hurt the most, the feeling of heart break for her friend.

Addison wept silently and thought of the ways this all could of been avoided. It was the thought of never falling in love with Mr Hardy that caused her tears to stop.
Leaving the dance, rushing her friends to get home. Speeding .. All to get to the man she loved.

It was self punishment, Addison wanted to change the past.

Her heart broke in a million pieces to know she could never fix her friend. Marcy would never be the same and there was no mending a wound of a lost child.
Marcy will spend the rest of her life missing the baby that was never given a chance.

Addison cried more than before.

Things will never be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Short. I'm sorry but leave your thoughts