Status: Will try to post once a week, but sometimes real life gets in the way

Playing the Part

CHAPTER 3: The Reading Part~2

Lunch had went really well Sam couldn't even remember why she had been scared. The cast was beautiful, they told stories, had fun, laughed, they were like a group of old friends. The group of actors invited her in like she was one of them and even gave her advice on the reading.

Than there was Norman with his awkward charm and blue eyes. They talked the whole meal from acting, to his son, even to what their favorite colors were. She felt like she had known him for years. Her mind started to get the best of her though, she couldn't help, but wonder 'Was this how he treated every woman?' He honestly was too good to be true there had to be a catch.

The whole lunch group stood on the busy Atlanta street fetching their rides, thanks to valet parking. Sam watched as a black Cadillac pulled up that looked almost the same as their's, but it wasn't as Melissa and IronE stepped up to say good-byes and get in.

"Sam it was great seeing you again." Melissa said while she consumed Sam in a hug.

"You too, hopefully we'll be working together." Sam smiled.

Melissa finished hugging the whole group with IronE before the two slid into the comfortable backseat of the luxury car and drove away. Next was Andy and Jon who had rode in Jon's truck together. "Girl can't wait to see you on set." Jon said pulling Sam into a light friendly hug. "You'll have to bring your cousin, so Greg can turn her into a walker." Jon pointed to Dylan who was practically bouncing off the sidewalk in excitement.

"Gotta get the job first." She told him laughing.

"Don't worry Dear, if you're as fantastic as Norman claims, you had the part last week." Andy's British accent had her smiling as she hugged him good-bye. She looked over his shoulder to see Norman blushing under his ray bans that he had returned to his face. Andy pulled away to join Jon in the cab of his truck and within seconds they were gone as well.

The ones left standing were Sam, Dylan, Laurie, Steven, and Norman. "Well we're all going to the same reading, do you guys just want to ride together?" Laurie suggested. Sam silently praised her friend. The more time she got with Norman the better and she knew Dylan was thinking the same when it came to Steven.

"Nah I brought my truck, I can't." Norman's voice made Sam's heart sink, she knew she'd probably see him at the reading, but still she wanted time to talk to him more. He was so interesting and easygoing. As on cue the Valet pulled up in an old, pristine, 1979 Ford F-150 pick up series.

"Wow, it's beautiful... Is it a 79?" She found herself asking the actor. Sam had a deep love for trucks. Unlike most girls, she had helped her father in his mechanic shop from the time she was little. Norman smiled seeing the obvious excitement and love she had from seeing his truck.. "Yeah, just bought it actually." He told her. Sam sat back staring at the truck in all its glory. She could only wish to be able to afford a truck like that.

"Ya know if your cousin's nice she'd let you ride with me to the reading, that's if you want to." He offered. He didn't know what possessed him to say that, but something inside him ached to see her in his passenger seat.

Sam looked to Dylan pleading silently with her eyes. Dylan knew the look all too well. "You can go, I'll ride with Laurie." Dylan smiled as Sam came up and hugged her in pure entusiasm. Sam tried not to squeal like a total girl, it was hard, but she managed to keep the squealing to herself. She got to ride in an amazing truck with Norman all to herself.

Norman wasn't going to show it, but he felt like he just scored a touchdown. It had been forever since he got a girl alone in his car past being friends. Yes they were not there to do anything, but the thought of having a girl in that seat again was exciting all by itself. Standing there and listening to himself told him he needed to get laid, badly, that much was clear. It had been almost a month and a half now. 'Jesus Norman, pull your head out of your ass.' He thought to himself. 'Just the thought of a girl sitting in your truck gets you thinking about sex, good lord!'

"We need to get going, Geeks are starting to show." Steven said interupting Norman's thoughts of sex and trucks.

It haunted Sam how much he sounded like Glenn with that statement. She looked to where he pointed. A small group of photographers stood aiming their cameras right at them. "Geeks, is what we took to calling them." Norman said seeing her puzzled expression. She smiled. "Seems about right to me."

Sam gave Dylan and Laurie hugs. "Thank you." Sam whispered into Dylan's ear before pulling away and going to Norman. Norman placed a hand on her elbow leading her to the truck quickly as photographers started to gather. They became aroused once they saw Norman open the passenger's side door for her.

Sam gave him a small smile before stepping into the beautiful blue interior of the truck. She gave him one last look, as the cameras flashed, before he shut the door. Norman struggled to get around the small crowd of reporters, AKA geeks. All attention was on him, now that Sam sat in the cab of his truck. He almost regretted it due to the swarm of reporters, but than he took one look through his winshield at Sam's beautiful features and regretted nothing..

"Norman! Over here Norman!"
"Norman is that your new girlfriend?!"
"Norman! Look here! Norman!"
"Norman, what can we expect from Season 2... Norman?!"
"Who's the girl? Norman!"
"Norman, Norman, Norman, Norman!"

Their hungry cries rang out as they sat desperately waiting for any information that he refused to give. Finally he broke free of the crowd as he pried open his driver's side door. Norman slid into the extensive cab exhaustedly slamming his door before what the reporters were saying could reach Sam's ears.

"Sorry." Norman said, taking a deep breath as he took a look at her. Her short black dress rode up her legs thanks to his loyal bench seat revealing her tan thighs. "They get pretty crazy huh?" She asked missing the blue eyes that hid underneath his sunglasses.

"Yeah." He said as he tried not to look at her thighs. "I really am sorry."

Sam laughed at his modesty and politeness. "Don't be, I found it kinda fun actually." She said in an almost seductive way, he couldn't tell whether she had tried to sound that way or not. Norman gulped trying not to stare as she arched her back to take off her leather jacket, causing her breast to come forward calling for attention. He took another deep breath as she shimmied the jacket off her bare arms, showing off her sunkissed skin.

"It's so damn hot." Sam said as she ruffled her hair out a bit. Every move she made put Norman in pain as he tried to control his eyes from moving up and down her body. "Yeah, it's pretty damn hot." Norman said taking a glance at her body one more time before he put his keys into the ignition giving one good heavy turn. The truck roared to life and before Sam knew it Norman had backed up, pulled into the street, and had started to drive away.

Once they were away from the 'geeks' Norman took the chance to roll down his windows and turn on the radio. Another successful move as her hair started to blow back in the wind revealing her neck and cleavage. She smiled at the Lynyrd Skynyrd song playing. "My dad used to love this song." She stated with a solemn grin.

"Used to?" Norman asked.

"He passed away last year from cancer." She said, putting her head down, playing with her thumbs. He was an idiot, he shouldn't have asked a question like that. He silently cursed himself.

"My dad died too, back when I first started acting, I miss him."

Sam looked up at him and for the first time that she had seen him where his face wasn't smiling, he looked sad. She had brought up a bad subject for both him and her. "I'm sorry, Norman." She placed a hand on his leg and rubbed it lightly for comfort.

"I'm sorry for you too."

Norman rubbed her hand gently, not really sure how to treat her hand being on his thigh. She smiled at him before pulling her hand away.

An awkward silence fell upon the cab and Sam didn't like it. She wanted to talk to him for hours on end, yet he was sitting right next to her and they couldn't find words to speak to each other. It was killing her, she had to do something about it.

Sam looked to his face searching for his eyes, but found no luck due to his annoying ray bans. They were a tease is what they were. He looked so hot in them, but at the same time his eyes were so beautiful it was a shame for them to be hid. Without a second thought Sam reached across the cab snatching away the shaded sunglasses from his face.

"Hey, give those back!"

Norman tried making a grab for them, but had no luck as she dodged his attempts, sitting them on her nose.

"Oh no Mr. Reedus... those eyes of yours are to pretty to be hid behind these, plus it's not that sunny, you don't need them anyways." She gave him a sly smirk.

"Oh, but you do?" He asked giving off his own smirk, his deep blues piercing into her own. "No, I just look good in them." She smiled causing him to laugh. He had to admit, she was right, she did look pretty damn hot in them.

<><><> THE READING <><><>

Norman and Sam walked down the hall towards Dylan laughing over a picture Norman showed of Mingus when he was six in a cape, boxers, and scuba diving goggles. The two stop as they stood in front of Dylan who had a suspicious look across her face as she saw them. "Are those his?" Dylan said pointing to Sam's face where Norman's ray bans sat. She had forgot she was wearing them.

"Oh- uh-uhmm yea... here." She stuttered taking them off quickly and setting them gently on Norman's nose. Her fingers brushed the dark strands of hair behind his ears as she slid the glasses back sending warmth tingling through his body.

Dylan looked at the two in question. "Come on, Sam. They're ready for you." Dylan said tugging at her cousin's arm. Sam's eyes didn't leave Norman's as Dylan dragged her away. "Bye!" Sam called out to Norman with a solemn smile and wave, honestly she didn't want to go. What if she didn't get the part? This could be the last time she'd see him. "Break a leg!" Norman called out to her with a thumbs up. Sam watched as he waved good-bye to her before being pushed into a room by Dylan.

Sam looked back as Dylan gave her a thumbs up than shut the door. She turned and looked to examine the new area she had entered feeling a sudden rush of nerves. The room had brown walls, wooden floors, and no windows making Sam feel overwhelmed. Pictures of zombies hung on the walls while a large table sat in the middle of the room. At one end of the table sat six people, Robert Kirkman, Frank Darabont, Greg Nicotero, Gale Ann Hurd, Glenn Mazzara, and Sharon Bialy. Sam gulped.

She was so nervous now, when she had been with Norman she had almost forgotten about the reading completely. She was alone and terrified. She wanted Dylan, Laurie, and most of all Norman. He had away of making her mind forget everything, not even Dylan could do that. She looked at the table of writers, producers, directors, and show runners and took a deep breath to try and calm herself.

"Have a seat Sam." Gale instructed her as she shuffled through some papers. Sam did as she was told and sat at the end of the table in front of them, her hands trembling. "So as you know, We're totally experimenting with this new character and whether or not we should have her and that's where you come in." Gale continued.

"We want you to try a few things for us and we will go from there. Okay?" Gale asked and Sam nodded showing she understood.

"Here why don't you read a few lines from this for us." Gale said handing Sam a packet full of lines and actions. Sam cleared her throat and began."

<><><><><><>

"Okay Sam, that was good, but we'd like you to try some hands on material." Gale said cheerfully as Sam finished reading out the first sheet of lines. Sam's heart was racing. She wanted this really bad, the writing was so good and she'd get to work with an incredible cast.

"As you know from the emails, we're debating on a potential love life for Harper, and with this type of situation, if we were to do it, we usually like to see how the potential couple acts together. So in other words we would like to see your chemistry with our other actor." Gale went on. Sam nodded taking in every detail of what the producer said.

Sam was nervous, she hadn't even thought about acting out those type of scenes, she had never done it before. There's a first time for everything she thought, but it didn't stop her nerves. Gale looked down the table to the rest of the show runners. "Should we bring him in?" The producer questioned smiling at the table. Sam shuttered with fear and anticipation, she didn't know who they'd bring in. Sam watched as Gale pressed a button to a speaker on the table and leaned into it.

"Could you please send in Norman, thank you."

Sam's eyes widened when moments later her awkward, blue eyed, redneck playing actor walked into the room smiling his notorious grin. Yes, she was happy to see him, but they were gonna give Daryl a love life? The guy was a prick unlike Norman, this could never work.

"Norman have a seat." Gale instructed him just as she had Sam. Norman walked towards Sam and leaned down planting a light kiss on her cheek before taking a seat next to her. It was only a small simple kiss, but it was enough to make her heart beat against her chest and her cheeks flush bright red. She tried hiding it from him and others but had no luck. The sudden redness in her cheeks was clear to see.

"I assume you two have met before?" Gale questioned.

"Yea uhh- we had lunch together earlier with the rest of the guys, she's awesome." Norman said as he smiled at Sam. She knew what he was doing, he was helping her set a good reputation. He wanted her to get this part as much as she did.

"Okay first thing's first, before we even proceed with this idea we'd like to get Norman's opinion on everything and on Harper." Gale looked to Sam than Norman and they nodded. "Here Norman read this and tell us what you think." Gale handed him a sheet of paper that held all the information on Harper Greene.

Sam watched anxiously as he read the paper. Norman would be the one that decided the fate on a Daryl and Harper love story. He cleared his throat and looked up from the paper. "I think this stuff is great." Norman spoke out. "She's a cool character."

"So you are comfortable with this?" Gale asked the two of them.

Norman looked at Sam and than back to Gale. "Hell yeah. This is a piece of cake." Norman told her.

Gale than looked to Sam. "How about you Sam? Are you comfortable with it?" Gale asked her.

Sam nodded. "What he said, hell yeah."

They all laughed as Norman high fived Sam. "Hell yeah!" He repeated in whoop.

"Now Norman, why don't you give us Daryl's opinion on Harper." Gale told him. The producer than saw the puzzled expression that lurked on Sam's face. She didn't quite understand what Gale meant about 'Daryl's opinion'. "This is a little exercise we like to do with our actors, they give their character's opinion on other characters and certain situations... It helps us with character development and writing. We like our actors involved with creating their characters. It helps with performances."

Sam nodded in understanding than looked to Norman as he began to think. "Hmm, well he thinks she's hot for one." Norman looked at Sam and smiled. Sam blushed again she didn't know whether this was Daryl's actual opinion or Norman's, either way one form of Norman thought she was hot and she didn't mind that at all.

"But he thinks she is kind of an idiot, like he does everyone from the farm. They're clumsy and look to get themselves killed as far he is concerned, but he doesn't want them to get killed deep down. Especially her. Something about Harper, makes Daryl like her. It's probably, because she is stubborn and doesn't take his shit. Plus he sorta likes playing the knight in shining armor when she's the damsel in distress." Norman continued on while looking at Sam, his blue eyes consuming her's.

"She forces him to talk when he doesn't want to talk, she touches him when he doesn't want to be touched, she pulls him in when he wants to pull away. This is totally me, but I think Harper is good for Daryl." Norman smiled looking at Sam than back to the producers. He amazed her at how in one he was with his charater. How was she going to top that?

"Okay thank you Norman. Sam why don't you read this and give us Harper's opinion on Daryl." Gale said while the other producers and show runners sat silent only taking notes and staying very serious.

Gale passed Sam a sheet of information on how Daryl was going to be, come Season 2. It shocked her as she read. He was so different from Season 1. Daryl was so deep and complex this season and not just the douche-bag from Season 1. He had so many curves and twists in his character it was amazing. She felt for him, Daryl was a victim of circumstance and neglect. He had a soft side this Season and Sam loved it. She could start to see the bits of Norman spill through the cracks of Daryl.

"Well... she finds him hot in a farmer's hand sorta way," Sam began her opinion all while smiling at Norman, this was payback for his comment on Harper. She smiled to herself once she saw the red start to form on his cheeks.

"But she thinks he is an arrogant asshole and a faker. He puts on a show 'No don't touch me!' when that's all he really wants. He will go out and risk his life for everyone, including her, than turn around and bash them for thanking him. She thinks he deserves a foot up his ass and is willing to be the one to put it there." Norman busted out in laughter causing them all to laugh a bit. He didn't expect the sudden fierce attitude that came from her and honestly it was a bit of a turn on. The laughter died down as Sam continued.

"She feels like no one was there for him and that's why he is the way he is. Her theory is that if she forces herself into his life and is there for him, that maybe he will start to slowly turn around and that his true caring personality will stay on the surface." Sam smiled as she looked at him and he stuck his tongue out at her causing her to laugh.

"Good, Now that we are done with that step why don't you guys read this scene than act it out for us. We'll take 5 so you guys can prepare than meet back here, alright?" Gale informed them like she had the whole time during the reading.

Sam watched as the show runners stood to leave, she shook each of their hands while Norman hugged them. Once the creators had left, Sam watched as Dylan ran in. "Okay I gotta read this! Heard you two are gonna be a couple!" Dylan squealed like a little girl.

"How did you hear that?!" Sam questioned her younger cousin.

"I listened at the door, I couldn't help it. I wanted to hear everything!" Dylan told her.

"Now give me that!" Dylan said as she snatched Sam's papers away from her. Norman stood awkwardly not sure how to act arouund the cousins. Sam lunged at Dylan, but was quickly shrugged off.

"Dyl! I need to read it!" Sam yelled at the young blonde.

"Just give me a minute." Dylan said as she read the scene to herself. Norman had nothing else better to do, so he read his as well. Sam waited and watched as Norman and Dylan sat reading the scene.

"Oh shit." Norman said in a low voice almost a whisper, Sam was barely able to hear him.

"What?" Sam asked walking over to him.

"Read it." Norman handed his paper over to Sam as he began rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Oh my gosh Sam." Dylan muttered out as she finished reading it.

"What is it?" Sam asked as she held the paper in her hands. "Just read it." Norman pointed to the paper.

Sam listened to him and began to read. The scene was an argument between Harper and Daryl, Sam wasn't surprised, both characters were stubborn as hell. She read on and the argument got intense as Harper started to shove Daryl over and over again screaming at him. As usual the writing was terrific, so much emotion and tension ran through the scene, but than it took an unsuspected turn as Harper went to shove Daryl one more time only to end in him grabbing her wrist forcefully to pull her into a long hard kiss. The scene ended with Harper shoving him away and stomping off.

"Oh shit." Sam repeated Norman's words.

"So how do we do this?" Sam asked looking to Norman for help.

Sam was inexperienced with this. She was an acting virgin, never been kissed and never had sex onscreen. "I don't know we just kiss." Norman shrugged. "It'll be fine this is nothing." Norman assured her.

"Yea, but Sam hasn't done something like this before! She's a virgin!" Dylan yelled out in panic.

Norman's eyes widened. "You're what?"

"It's not what you think, she means onscreen." Sam told him. "I've never kissed anybody or acted out sex in front of a camera before."

"Okay so you're not a virgin?" Norman asked just to make sure.

"Danny Hoffman, sophomore year, I'm good." Sam told him as she laughed causing him to smile.

"So you've never had a kissing scene? No sex scene?" Norman asked.

"Nope never. Guess you'll be my first." Sam smiled while blushing a bit. Sam was kinda glad he'd be her first onscreen kiss, that's if she got the job. He was handsome, a great guy, easy to work with. He was the perfect choice.

"But Sam, do you really want to lose your virginity to 'Daryl'?! No offense." Dylan looked from Sam to Norman.

"None taken." He told the younger cousin.

"Does it matter, I want this role..." Sam looked at Dylan with a serious expression over her face. "Plus he's hot in a farmer's hand sort of way, who else is better." Sam looked at him smiling, this time a deep red blush forming on his face instead of hers. Sam liked it when she made him blush instead of the other way around.

"So again like I said, how do we prepare for this?" Sam looked at him needing guidance badly.

"Well we could go over lines, but my guess is you aren't talking about the lines." Norman said as he rubbed the back of his neck. She nodded nervously. "Well when I prepare I don't usually have an audience, so I'm sorry Dylan, but you'll probably need to step out." Norman said looking towards Dylan. She pouted, but in the end knew this was serious for Sam.

"Okay, fine!" Dylan whined as she left causing Norman and Sam to smile. Once Dylan was gone Norman looked to Sam taking in her features as she stood before him.

"Now there are two ways we can do this," He began. "One we can not practice the kiss at all and just wing it when the time comes."

"orrrrr..." Norman trailed off as he stepped closer to her. He was so close Sam could feel his breath on her neck, sending shivers down her spine.

"Or?" She asked him as she bit her bottom lip causing Norman to catch his breath. That right there is exactly what he wanted to do.

"Orrr... we could do this." He whispered to her, and with that his lips crashed into hers. His hands cupped her face while her hands rested on his firm chest. Norman tilted his head to the side as his tongue began to fight for entrance and Sam wasn't much of a fighter. She let him in willingly without hesitation. Their tongues began to dance together in a beautiful rhythym. His lips warm and soft against hers sent a tingling sensation through her body. She had never been kissed like this before.

Sam began to pull on his tie once she felt his fingers lace through her hair. The more he pulled on her hair, the deeper the kiss had become. She could feel one of Norman's hands slide down her body until it rested on her lower back pulling her closer to him while his other stayed woven into her hair. He began to walk them backwards until Sam's body hit the side of the large meeting table.

Sam moaned against his lips. She had never experienced sensations like this only from a kiss. Both of his hands came to her backside pulling her as close as god would allow him while Sam's rested on his strong muscular shoulders. His lips trailed from her mouth allowing her room to breath as he began to plant light, soft, kisses along her jawline and up to her ear. She could feels his warm lips softly graze her ear as he whispered to her.

"Now that's how you prepare."

And with those simple words he pulled away leaving her speechless and out of air. Sam was left confused. Was this kiss really for her or actually to prepare? A kiss that passionate had to mean something. No, she had to get this out of her head she had to work with this guy. It was one scene, one kiss... That's all.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter was so fun to write and I can't wait to write the next one, I love to here your guys' feedback. Every time my phone shows up one new comment I am like dancing up and down... so if you read the story please be a doll and leave me some love in the comments I appreciate it soooo much :)

><><><><><><><

Thanks to all of you that have commented on this story:

Wolfy 1991, Miakoda, Maddy120296, and XxxFoodxxX

You guys are awesome!

><><><><><><><

Since I already showed what they wore last chapter just thought I'd make this for the heck of it :D

http://www.polyvore.com/reading_part/set?id=86356743