Status: Will try to post once a week, but sometimes real life gets in the way

Playing the Part

CHAPTER 4: The Ellis Hotel on Peachtree

Norman's strong grasp on Sam's wrists made her hands go limp as he pulled her into another long deep kiss, sending shivers down her spine. He really was amazing at this.

But this kiss was different, they were no longer standing alone. An audience of six show runners sat at the long meeting table five feet away and Sam wasn't kissing the same man. Norman had left and Daryl had took over in his place.

Daryl wasn't soft and sweet like Norman, he was rough and ruthless. Sam's lips burned with the pressure put against them as her tongue grew tired with the battle. He didn't whisper to her like he had before, he only yelled harsh words in goal to make her cry. When she didn't cry and began shoving him, that's when he had attacked her lips. Sam had never worked hands on with such an outstanding actor, he made it look so easy.

With just one switch Norman could be Daryl in seconds flat. Sam could tell he loved Daryl and loved playing him. Nobody knew Daryl better than Norman, that much was clear. Daryl was Norman's baby and he played him with his heart. Sam could only hope she was giving Harper the same justice.

With reluctance Sam pulled her lips away from Norman's and gave him one more harsh shove like the scene required. She longed for the kiss to continue, but if she wanted anymore kisses like that, she had to do what the script told her to do.

"Dumb ass!" Sam's voice traveled through the room as it directed towards Daryl, or Norman, whoever you wanted to call him.

The words stung Norman's ears as Sam tore away from him. He didn't want the contact to break and wondered if she had felt the same. If she had, she sure as hell wasn't showing it, than again she was an incredible actress.

Sam had blown him away. Every time she shoved him, he could feel the anger pouring out of her. Sam made it hard for him to even keep up. Here he was supposed to be playing this big bad ass redneck and this small girl was intimidating him.

Sam stood there panting with heat rising in her chest as she stared into Norman's ocean blue eyes. Norman stared at her as he stood in the same demeanor, just slightly more lustful and wanting.

She felt bad in some way. Daryl had finally made an effort into making human contact and was rejected once again. Sam found herself slowly starting to like Daryl and was actually rooting for him to step out of his shell a bit, but he couldn't do that if her character was shoving him around and calling him a dumb ass.

"Okay, I think that's a wrap Sam and Norm, that was good work you guys." Frank spoke up as he stood.

Norman held his right hand up directing a high five towards Sam. Their hands collided in the middle. Sam laughed as Norman let out another 'Hell yeah!' Causing the whole room to smile and give their own small laughs due to his excited and childlike behavior.

"So what we'll do Sam, is after today the creative team and I are going to make some tough decisions," Frank continued after the laughter had died down.

"Here in about I'd say 2 to 3 weeks we will be able to tell you our plans alright? So you can either stay here in Atlanta until you have the news or head back home its up to you, we will call you either way. Now, I can't tell you as of this moment whether or not you have a job, there is paperwork and discussions to be had, but I can tell you after that performance that we'll definitely be considering. Keep your phone close and I think that's all. Any of you have anything to say?" Frank said as he looked up and down the table.

"Yes," Gale spoke up. "If I were you I'd be looking for a cheap apartment down here just for safety measures. If you get the job you will have to live close by." The older woman smiled.

"And I'd advise that you stay in Atlanta for a little while, get to know the area, and even hang out with our buddy Norm here, it will be easier to adjust once the time comes if you do. That's all I have to say really, I did love your performance though." Gale's sweet and bright smile echoed onto Sam's face, making her smile as well.

Sam was a little intimidated by Gale at first, but soon came to realize she was super nice and sweet, as well as the rest of the show runners. They were all kind hearts. Robert Kirkman still intimidated her, but that was only because he was the one who had the final say on Harper and because of his personality. He was super friendly, but everything that came out of his mouth was either teasing someone or made her feel stupid as hell.

"Anyone else?" Frank looked down the table. None of the show runners spoke up. "Alright well I guess that's all, We'll talk to you here in a few weeks." Frank said with a smile causing the rest of the show runners to stand and make their way around the table to the two actors.

Gale was the first to Sam, while the others talked to Norman. "You really did do a fantastic job, I wouldn't be to worried if I were you. I can't wait to work together." Gale whispered to her low enough so the others couldn't hear. Sam smiled from ear to ear as Gale hugged her before turning to Norman. Sam watched as the older woman hugged him before leaving the room.

Sam was in disbelief. Had the producer of the show just hinted that she would get the part? She had to be on an episode of punk'd or something. Soon the cameras would come out and laugh in her face about how gullible she was and that a girl like her could never get a job like this.

It was true right? There was no way this was happening. No way was she actually being considered for a hit new TV series. No way was she getting a job where she got to kiss Norman Reedus for a living and kill zombies. Sam had to be dreaming.

Sam patiently shook Frank, Sharon, Robert, and Glenn's hands before Greg Nicotero was shaking her hand with a huge smile. "You were absolutely amazing!" He said in his excited and humble tone. She already liked him, he seemed so down to earth and cool.

"Norman said you have a cousin that would make a great walker?" He asked looking at her with enthusiastic blue eyes. She looked to Norman beside her and he smiled devilishly.

"Uh yea," Sam looked back towards Greg. "She's actually out in the hall, she'd probably flip if she saw you, she's a huge fan." Sam smiled.

"Well than, lets go meet her." Greg threw his hands up with a laugh and lead the two towards the door.

><><><><><><><

"Oh my god! I am such huge fan!" Dylan squealed as she shook Greg's hand violently.

"So I've heard." Greg winked at Sam while he laughed.

"How come I didn't get a reaction like this?" Norman teased Dylan.

"Cause you're a douche-bag," She responded simple and quick. "No offense."

Sam put a palm to her forehead. Dylan had a way with words that was for sure. Sam was used to it, but others may not be. She looked at Norman for any sign of insult on his face, but again he only displayed that same gorgeous and goofy smile.

"None taken... again." Norman laughed.

Sam was thankful that he was such a nice guy, because if he had really been a douche-bag, Dylan's remarks would've pissed him off and Sam could kiss working with him good-bye. As if sensing the caution and nervousness on her, Norman nudged Sam's arm playfully to calm her down and it worked.

"So Dylan, I heard that you want to become a walker?" Greg turned the conversation back on track. Sam watched as her younger cousin's face lit up with joy. She looked at the make-up artist like he was crazy.

"Who wouldn't?!"

"Well we are always looking for new walkers and I think you have a great look for a walker. You'd have to go to our zombie school just like everyone else, but it only lasts a day." Greg informed her.

"Zombie school?" Sam asked, she had never heard the term before.

"Yeah it's a course we make all the walkers take so they can learn how to walk and growl properly, it also helps us determine what walkers we want interacting with our actors." Greg said clearing up Sam's confusion. "The zombie school is this week, so if you guys decide to stay in Atlanta, you can stop in."

"Are we staying in Atlanta?!" Dylan asked pleadingly like a little kid.

"I don't know if we can, I have some things to wrap up back at the apartment in New York." Sam said. As much as she wanted to stay in Atlanta she couldn't just up and leave her home leaving bills unattended.

"Come on Sam, this is once in a lifetime ordeal!" Dylan pleaded as she shook Sam's arm.

"She's right." Norman spoke up. "Whatever you've got to wrap up, you can wrap up once you get back, it'll still be there. Besides you and I are supposed to be going to dinner together this week."

Sam looked at Norman with bewilderment as did Greg and Dylan. His smirk was mischievous. No one had made plans for dinner where did this come from?

"We are?" Sam asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yup," He nodded quickly. "So you have to stay."

Sam looked back and forth at all three of the people before her and their pleading eyes. They all wanted her to stay. Greg wanted a new walker, Dylan wanted to be a walker, but Sam couldn't put a finger on Norman's motive. What reason would he have for her to stay?

Sam thought it over and over, but the only reason she could come up with was that he liked her and that was just insane. Norman Reedus couldn't possibly like her, but instead of questioning like she usually did she caught herself nodding and throwing her hands up in the air.

"Why the hell not." She said with a smile on her face as Dylan squealed and hugged her. "Thank you Sam! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" The two men began to laugh as Dylan's small body attacked Sam's. Sam shrugged her cousin off. "I swear I think you are five." Sam laughed at her excitement.

"Well guess I'll see you guys at our zombie school, I gotta run." Greg said. Norman took his hand, pulling him into a brotherly hug. "See ya later man." Norman said. Greg turned to both Sam and Dylan shaking their hands before leaving down the hallway.

"So about that dinner?" Norman grinned as he turned to Sam, forgetting that Dylan was even there. "How does Friday sound? Around eight?" He asked with a cocky smile.

"Depends where would we be going?" Sam asked with a slight blush creeping on her face. She couldn't believe he was actually asking her to dinner. She didn't know whether it was a date or not, but she was happy either way. He was great to spend time with.

"Well that's for me to know and you to find out." He grinned mischievously. "Where are you staying? I'll pick you up."

"The Ellis Hotel on Peachtree." Sam told him the blush in her cheeks growing more prominent.

"So I'll pick you up at eight?" Norman asked with a shy smile, his confidence calming down a bit.

She nodded. "Yea that sounds good."

Norman gave a huge grin at her reply. "It's a date then." He said as he put his ray bans back on and hugged her before he left down the hall. Sam stood in shock. Had he just called it a date? Was she really going on a date with Daryl Dixon?

Now she had to be dreaming. Never in a million years did Sam expect to be going on a date with that guy. Until today she had never even considered him attractive. Sam watched as his figure disappeared around the corner of the hall. Man did she want this job.

"Okay spill everything! YOU and HIM! I want to know everything!" Dylan said as she pulled Sam's arm. The two cousins began walking out of the building. Sam sighed, she always told Dylan everything, but it could grow exhausting.

But what was there to tell? How great he was to talk to? How funny? How charming? How nice his truck was? How gorgeous his eyes were? How good he smelt? What an amazing kisser he was? Okay there was a lot to tell so she better start now.

><><><><><><><

Norman exited the building the hot Georgia air hitting his face, blowing a few strands off his forehead. He smiled as he looked towards the parking garage where his truck was parked. He felt like skipping. The great feeling of scoring a date had his heart pumping.

Norman always felt like this when he first got a date. It gave him that small hope that 'Okay maybe this one will work out'. So many of his relationships, he had worked so hard on, only to have them thrown in his face. He didn't know what to expect with this girl, being possible co-workers, but anything was better than nothing.

"You know you kinda look like that redneck guy from that zombie show. Oh what's his name?"

Norman looked towards two young girls standing next to him, shopping bags at hand, one blonde and one brunette. They reminded him instantly of Sam and her cousin. "Daryl! That's it!" The blonde said as she figured it out.

"Daryl who?" Norman asked a smirk spreading across his face.

><><><><><><><

"We've got to do your hair, make up, get you a dress! Nails! Everything! I mean yeah it's only Daryl Dixon, but he's an actor!" Dylan went on as they entered the hotel room. Sam ran her hands over her face tiredly as she flopped down on one of the two full sized beds. She had told Dylan everything including the practice kiss and now she regretted it, the blonde wouldn't shut up.

"Dylan! I got it! Okay?!" Sam said from her spot on the bed. "I already know what I am wearing and it's not a dress. This is my date, alright?"

"I know, I know." Dylan pouted. "I'm just so excited! About everything! How did this all happen?!" Dylan squealed as she jumped onto the bed next to Sam. Sam smiled as she thought about how lucky they were.

"I don't know Dyl... I don't know."

><><><>< FRIDAY ><><><><

It had been a few days since the reading and since Sam last seen Norman. Dylan had gone to the zombie school and was chosen to be in the first episode of Season 2, she really was creepy. It only gave Sam more incentive to be on the show. If Dylan got on the show and she didn't she'd be devastated. But right now she had more important things.

Now it was Friday and Sam was doing one last check in the mirror before stepping out to see what Dylan thought. She was incredibly nervous and anxious all at the same time. She looked at her phone the clock reading 8:01 it was showtime.

"How do I look?" Sam asked Dylan as she stepped out of the small hotel bathroom.

"Daaaammmmn." Dylan said slowly as she looked her older cousin up and down. "Someone's getting lucky tonight."

"Shut up." Sam laughed as she hit Dylan with a pillow from the armchair next to her. All of a sudden loud ringing came from the hotel telephone located on the night stand, next to the bed where Dylan sat. Before Sam could make a move Dylan had jumped across the bed and snatched up the phone. Sam watched anxiously as Dylan nodded at the phone.

"Okay thank you very much... bye." Dylan said with a smile on her face before hurriedly returning the phone to its receiver. "Mrs. Ryder you have a gentleman waiting for you outside." Dylan pulled off her most extravagant accent. Sam laughed as she hugged her cousin. "Break a leg." Dylan said into her ear before she pulled away and moved towards the door. "You kids be back by ten!" Dylan joked as Sam went out the door blowing a kiss.

><><><><><><><

Norman paced anxiously on the sidewalk in front of Sam's hotel. He was nervous as hell, like usual. He was so bad at these sort of things. Yeah he could talk to people and be friendly, but when it came to dates it was like he had his head up his ass the whole time.

Norman could never say the right things, he was only good at listening and nodding to whatever the girl was saying. He hoped Sam wasn't that way, but then again she had been so easy to talk to before, maybe it wouldn't be as bad as he thought.

"Norman?" Sam's voice made him turn around as he paced one last time.

Norman had to stop and catch himself once he saw her. She was breathtaking. Her hair hung in long dark waves around her face. Seeing her hair reminded him of their kiss when his hands were entangled in it. He wished he could do it again.

Norman's eyes traveled farther down her body. She was wearing one of those incredibly sexy town corsets making her breast slightly push up more than normal, she wore the same leather blazer from the day of the reading, black shorts, and the classic red high heels get up that accented her long tanned legs.

Seeing her made a lump build in his throat, this would be as bad as he thought. How was he supposed to speak when she looked like that. He knew he had been staring to long, he needed to say something anything.

"Wow." Was the only word he could come up with. 'Damnit Norman, pull yourself together!' He thought in his head as he saw her smile. "You look amazing." He finally got out and as he watched her blush he knew he had said the right thing, for once.

The blush in her cheeks rose as she stood on the sidewalk, in front of Norman. When she first saw him in his black dress shirt, tie, dark jeans, and ray bans, even though it was night, she couldn't help, but think maybe she was a bit over dressed, but now he was saying she looked amazing and that was good enough for her. She was nervous to no end, he had complimented her so now she needed to say something.

"Well you don't look to bad either, you know for being a dirty redneck and all." She smiled.

Sam could start to feel her date mode come on, at least that's what Dylan called it. Something about dates made confidence soar through her veins and made her flirtier than usual. She may have been nervous, but her brain had no problem with doing all the right moves. Dating was a game and if you played your cards right you just might win.

She watched as Norman let out a small laugh at what she had said. "So where are we going this evening?" She asked as she stood looking at him. "Well get on and you'll find out." Norman said as he walked over to a black motorcycle parked next to the sidewalk.

Norman stopped once he turned and saw that she stood in her same place, shock written across her face. 'Damnit!' He thought. 'Way to go Norman, she's scared of bikes! Why didn't you just bring the truck? She loved your truck.' He never thought when it came to his bikes, he always assumed all girls were okay with them. His ex Jariah always hated them, he thought he would've learned by now.

"Damn I'm sorry I can get a cab if you don't want to-" He began, but was interrupted as Sam ran to the bike, placing her hands on the handlebars. "Oh my god! Don't be stupid! Why didn't you tell me you owned a Triumph? I haven't rode one since I was a girl!"

Norman was shocked at her enthusiasm, first his truck now his bike this was to good to be true. "Okay my truck and my bike? How do you know about all this shit?" He asked, he had to know how a girl like her even knew names of trucks and bikes.

"My daddy," She said as she moved her hands up and down the bike. "He owned a mechanics shop, I practically grew up there. He used to get so mad that I had chose acting over inheriting the shop, hope he's proud of me now."

Sam looked to Norman as he stood behind her. "I'm sure he is, I know I would be." He gave a humble smile before moving to the bike and sitting down. He took her hand. "Why don't you get on and I'll show you where we are going."

Norman pulled her closer to the Triumph and she gave in putting her hands on his shoulders so she could swing her leg over the body of the bike. 'Thank god I didn't wear a dress' Sam silently thanked herself as she straddled the bike.

Norman could feel her bare thighs slide up next to his as he handed her back a helmet. He put his own on as he felt her arms wrap tight around his waist, her warmth and sweet scent sending warm chills through his body. With a turn of his key the bike underneath them roared to life.

Vibrations from the bike and being that close to Norman made her feel alive. Norman slowly pulled out onto the street as Sam rested her head on his shoulder taking in the smell of cigarettes and musk, she loved it.

The wind flew past them as they soared down the street and into the night.

><><><><><><><

"Here we are." Norman said as he parked in front of a beautiful Italian styled restaurant. "I hope you like Italian, heard this place is pretty nice." He said as he took of his helmet.

"What you've never been here before?" Sam asked.

"Nope, but it's called La Grotta, which means The Cave."

"So you speak Italian?" Sam asked as she took off her helmet and shook out her hair. Norman held a hand out to help her off the bike. "Nah, I can barely speak English... looked it up on Google."

He smiled as he stepped off the bike joining her. She laughed at what he had said. "So? Shall we?" He held an arm out to her in his goofiest way possible, making her laugh once again as she wrapped her arm around his.

Norman led her to the outside dining part of the restaurant where a man stood at a podium. "Reedus and Ryder." Norman spoke clearly to the man. "Yes, right this way." The man walked away and they followed him to a table with two chairs and a bottle of wine.

The man went to pull out a chair for Sam, but Norman dismissed him and did it himself. Sam sat smiling at Norman as he finally took his seat. "Would you two like to order now or wait?" The man asked.

Norman looked to Sam for an answer and she nodded. "I'll just take some spaghetti." Sam answered.

"What kind would you like?" The server asked.

"There are different kinds of spaghetti?" Sam raised an eyebrow obviously not used to this kind of fine dining. Norman let out a small laugh. "I was thinking the same thing, buddy." He said as he looked at the man.

The man looked appalled as if it was an odd question. "Look just give me the best spaghetti in your opinion." Sam said with a smile. "Me too." Norman followed as he smiled at Sam. She noticed he finally took off his glasses, his blue eyes now shining in the outside lighting of the restaurant.

"I will be back shortly." The man said before disappearing into the restaurant.

Sam looked to Norman once the server had left. "So are you just used to copying people's meals?" She grinned at him with a raised eyebrow. "Well you seem like you have good taste." He said with a cocky smile while straightening his tie out. Sam laughed.

"I suppose I do."

Sam watched as Norman than proceeded to pour the wine into two glasses. He slid one to her before taking a sip of his own. Sam followed him, raising the glass to her lips and letting the warm violet liquid course down her throat. Man was it good, she had never tasted wine quite like that before.

"Damn this is good." Sam laughed as she pulled the glass away.

"Yeah no kidding... wow." Norman said as he set his glass down.

"Norman this place is gorgeous, when you said dinner I never expected somewhere like this." It was true she expected something simple not something this extravagant.

"You really did too much." She said as she looked around at the various plants and scenery around them.

Norman's cheeks grew red he had hoped he hadn't over done it, but by the looks of things he had. "Well thought we should celebrate you getting your new job." He said with a smile as he took in more wine.

"We don't know whether I got it yet or not." Sam shyly brushed some hair behind her ear. She was always so self conscious about her career and it showed. Norman scoffed. "You got the part... trust me." He said as he rubbed her hand and smiled.

They sat in a knowing silence for awhile before their server approached with two large plates of spaghetti and meatballs. "Well that was fast." Norman said as he removed his hand from Sam's making her miss his touch. Their server was a girl this time and not the uptight man from before.

The girl placed each plate in front of Norman and Sam before looking at the two. "Do you need anything else? More wine?" She asked looking back and forth from Sam to Norman. Norman nodded. "Definitely more wine." He laughed.

"Alright I'll get that, but before I go, I'd just like to say you guys make a really cute couple."

Sam almost spit out her wine as the girl spoke and Norman laughed. "Well we should..." He spoke out making Sam look at him. "We've been married what? Going on 5 years now?" He said placing his hand on hers with a devilish smirk.

"It's our anniversary."

Sam went wide eyed as he lied to the waitress and tried to keep from laughing. "Really? Wow, you know we can give you a free cake." The girl said with a bright smile on her face.

"Oh no that won't be necessary-" Sam started, but Norman interrupted her quickly. "Nonsense, we want a cake." He looked at the waitress than back at Sam with a grin. "We'll be right on it." The girl said as she left. Sam watched her leave before turning to Norman her mouth gaped open.

"Married huh?" Sam raised an eyebrow causing Norman to burst out laughing. He couldn't hold it in any longer. He didn't know what possessed him to do it, but he was glad he did as Sam started to laugh as well.

><><><><><><><

"You know our anniversary cake is pretty fucking awesome." Norman said as he stuffed a large piece of chocolate cake in his mouth. Sam laughed. They had long finished their spaghetti and now were enjoying their free cake.

"Here have a bite." Norman said as he took a forkful of his piece and held it out to her across the table. 'Feeding each other? Now that was new.' She thought as she moved closer to the fork, to take a bite, but as she did so he moved it upwards dotting her nose with chocolate.

She looked at him in shock and all he could do was laugh as she sat their with chocolate icing on her nose. "Really now?" She grinned mischievously. "Two can play at that game." She said before immediately grabbing a forkful and flicking it at him. She laughed as it splattered against his cheek.

"Oh its on!" Norman said as he flicked a piece back at her hitting her jaw.

They went back and forth until no cake was left on their plates, but instead all over the table. Norman didn't have great aim so the only cake Sam had on her was on her jaw, nose, neck and cheek. Norman on the other hand had it all in his stubble, cheek, forehead, nose, and a little on his shirt. They sat laughing as they stared at each other's messy faces.

All of a sudden old Italian music began playing around them as a server from inside turned it on. Norman stood holding out his hand and bowing. "May I have this dance?" He asked. He didn't know what had gave him all of this courage tonight. Maybe it was all the wine they drank, but a small part of him knew it was because of how easy she was to be around.

Sam laughed as she looked at him standing there covered in chocolate and bowing in the most proper way. She nodded her head with a wide grin and a small blush under the chocolate. "Why of course you may." She said as she stood and took his hand. He lead her to an open area with no tables before putting one hand on her waist the other holding her hand out away from them.

They playfully began stepping back and forth, Sam trying to hold back her laughter as he lead them to the music. With no warning Norman abruptly spun them around causing her laughter to break free. As she returned to Norman he put both hands on her waist, while she placed hers around his shoulders.

"You know you still have a little bit on your face." She said as she looked at him with a smile.

"Really where?" Norman said sarcastically as the swayed together.

"Right here." She said as she leaned up kissing the icing off his forehead. "And Here." Her voice turning into a whisper as she kissed his nose. "Here." She kissed his cheek. "Here." His breath hitched as she kissed his jaw. "Here." The corner of his mouth. "And here." She whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck drawing his lips to hers.

Norman wrapped his arms tighter around her waist as Sam deepened the kiss. She could taste the sweet wine and chocolate from earlier as their tongues laced together forming a slow rhythm. It was slow, deep, passionate, and full of want as they stood in the middle of the outside section of the restaurant. Sam forgot everything around her as they stood kissing harmoniously.

How she had ended up here kissing him, she'd never know. One thing she did know was that she didn't want it to end, but as they say, all good things must come to an end.

"Sir, ma'am?" They reluctantly broke the kiss to turn and see the man from earlier holding a piece of paper. "Your bill?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys for such a long wait, but I've been taking classes over the summer and they totally packed my schedule. Now that I'm done I should be able to write more and post more.

So what do you guys think? Leave me some love in the comments! Please don't be silent readers, speak your minds.

P.S. Can't wait for the Walking Dead Season 4 trailer on Friday I'm so stoked, the picture they had of Daryl on his bike for EW had me drooling :P

><><><>READERS<><><><
~Love you guys thank you so much!

-TheCrimsonRose
-UsefulSpirits
-Dixonskitten
-Pull_The_Trigger
-LittleMeep

><><><> LOOKS <><><><

Sam's Dinner Outfit
http://www.polyvore.com/dinner/set?id=89810096