Status: I'll post whenever!

Dance Colors Our Life and Makes It Bright Again

Hoping That My Voice Could Get It Right

Lights.

Music.

Dance.

These are the things I live for.

The little things.

The thing so overlooked and underestimated.

Ballet.

An art.

A sport.

I've lived my whole life following the same routine:

Eat

Dance

Eat again

And sleep

And somewhere in between all that school fits in.

Today is Monday. It's winter and I'm a couple weeks away from winter break. Something I'm not really looking forward to.

The idea of having to stay at home with my abusive parents isn't exactly appealing.

I mean they're abusive, but only towards me. The love my older sister, Taylor, and our younger brother Sam even more.

They used to love me too but that all stopped a few years ago. No one knows why. I don't think they even know why.

Anyway. It's five o'clock now and my class over. Now I've got to go teach.

Seeing the faces of the girls instantly brings a smile to my face. I was like them once.

A beginner.

Dance was nothing more than recreation at that time. I loved the thought of all the pink and the sparkles. And the fact that everyone's eyes would be watching me.

That used to be me.

Tiny.

Wanting only to dance and to spend my time doing just that. I'd go to open floor ever Saturday, walking there if I had to, and I'd just stare at myself in the mirror as I practiced. Always wanting to be better than my reflection.

I smile a little more and get up from where I sat.

"Hello ladies!" I say when I enter the room. They'd all curtsy in response and I'd curtsy right back. I motioned for them to come closer to me and seat themselves on the floor.

"So I have quote for this week. It's by Agnes de Mille. The quote says 'The practice mirror is to be used for the correction of faults, not for a love affair. And the figure you watch should not become your dearest friend.' Does anyone know what this means?"

A couple of hands go up and opt for the younger hand, a nine year old named Haylee.

"It means that when you practice you should look in the mirror and want to get better?"

I nod." That's part of it. It means that when you practice, you should look in the mirror and look at your reflection. You should not love what you see, but not exactly hate it either. You should want to be better than it. The figure you see looking back at you should be you biggest enemy and every time you practice you're aiming to be better than what you see. If her legs are even the slightest bit bent, make your legs straighter. If her chin is up, raise yours higher."

"So you should always want to out do yourself?" An older girl named Calliah asks.

"Exactly." I praise."And that's what we're going to do so everyone get up and head over to the bars by the mirror."

~~~~~

I lay on my bag in the lobby of the studio tossing my keys into the air above me and catching them over and over.

"And I'll sing a melody, and hope to God she's listening. Sleeping softly while I sing. And I'll be your memories, your lullaby for all the times. Hoping that my voice could get it right." I sing softly to myself as I wait.

I locked up most of the studio about 2 hours ago and had been stuck here waiting for the Fuller sister's ride to get here.

This has become a routine thing with us. I knew that their parents were often busy working late and so that left it to the responsibility of their brother to get them. And for the past 3 months he's been coming late or I'd just just have to drive them home myself. And looking at things now, I think it's gonna be one of those days.

I should be in the warmth of my room watching glee and snuggling with my blankets or dancing around the kitchen cooking random things with my sister. Or maybe I could actually make it to one of my brother's football games for once. But their brother's irresponsible so I couldn't do any of those things.

I check my phone and the clock reads eight-thirty.

I sigh and catch my keys for the last time as I got up on my feet."Alright, lets go you two."

"Are you taking us home again?"

I nod."Yea." I walk them over to my car and buckle McKenna, the younger of the two, into a carseat I have from my sister and start off towards their house.

When we arrive, I take Kens out and I'm about to leave when Cal takes my hand and pulls me towards the door."Cal, I gotta go--"

"Home so you can watch Glee and cuddle with your stuffed animals? I know, but we don't know if our brother's home or not and we can't stay alone."

I sigh. "Fine. But I'll stay for an hour tops, got it?"

She happily nods at me and runs up to put the key into the front door.

McKenna runs off to her room and I decided to sit in their den and watch whatever Cal decides to watch, and right now it some random Disney movie.

She goes on talking about something I ignore. All I can think about is how much of a jerk this guy is. You'd think at 19 he'd understand that he needs to pick up his sisters on time when they have dance class.

"Cal? Kens? Who's car is that up front?" I hear a voice say as he enters the room. I heard the door close be hind him and I sink into my seat.

"Daniella's" Cal says absentmindedly, playing with her Nintendo DS.

"Ya mean the crazy chick that's always like 'Jump higher! Legs straighter!' And all that shit?" He comes up to the couch and kisses Cal on the top of her head. And then he sees me."Oh, hey there! I'm Chase."

I roll my eyes at him and pick up my things." I'll see you on Monday Cal."

"Kay, see ya."

"And as for you." I look up at him and flick him off. I start off towards the door and can hear his footsteps behind me, but I don't plan on stopping.

"What the hell was that for?" He slams the door behind him.

"That's for me always having to watch your sisters while you do whatever it is you do."

"I have a fucking job--"

"I don't appreciate you cursing at me."

"I have a job--"

"When does your shift end?"

"At five but--"

"Unbelievable." I mutter.

"Will you let me fucking speak?

"What."

"I work at a skate park. I go back and forth between working the store, giving lessons and running the snack bar. I get off at five and then I go to practice. Sometimes I lose track of time but I always set an alarm maybe it gets drowned out by the music but shit, It's not like I do it on purpose."

"Are you done?"

"You know what. Leave."

"Be one time."

"Leave."

"And stop being such a disrespectful prick."

He slams my door shut and I start pulling out of the driveway.

"Stop being such a bitch."

"Oh how mature."

"Leave." He repeats and I do just that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys so this first chapter went from pretty good to shitty and I'm sorry about that. I had it all typed up in my notes on my iPhone but it accidentally so I had to kinda improvise what I'd written last time. And it's really late now so sorry! But I hope you like it anyway :)

Comment and subscribe and let me know what you think. Feedback will really help the quality of the chapters ;)

Also, I have a fan fiction so show that some love to!! I haven't updated that in a while cause I kinda wanted to get more of it written up before I updated again so it should be updated soon! :)

Thanks for reading and I'll try to have the next chapter up as soon as I can!

Love ya <3