Status: I'll post whenever!

Dance Colors Our Life and Makes It Bright Again

Let Me Be Your Only One

-Chase-

"Hey, what can I get you?" I say to the next costumer in my line at the snack bar. A twelve year old named Jordan. He's incredible, he picks up everything I teach him by his second try and he doesn't talk back. He's definitely gonna be something big in skate boarding.

I adjust my hat and lean against counter as I wait for him to decide. His eyes flicker as he looks at everything we have to offer. I chuckle and look at my wrist where my watch would be, if I had one, and looked down at Jordan.

"Come on man, your holding up the line." He shoots me funny look, knowing full well that there's no one behind him.

"Um can I have a Take 5?" He finally asks. I suck in my breath and shake my head slowly. He throws his arms and I laugh. He's soft spoken but what he doesn't say he makes up for by his actions. "You do this everytime!"

"Because you never realize what I'm doing! Ya gotta eat healthy." He sighs.

"Can I have some chips then?"

"Depends on what kind."

"The Sun Chips."

"Good choice." I wink at him as he groans. I snag one of the bags off the rack and toss it to him. After catching it, he picks up his skateboard and heads back to one of the benches occupied by some of his friends. I sit back in my chair and mess around with my phone while I wait for my shift to be over.

I never really liked the indoor part of the skatepark, but I guess it's better than getting fucked up from doing it in the snow. Especially in the bowl.

I internally sigh. I wish it was my time for free skate. I'm dying to practice. There's only a couple days left till we close for break and I want to get in as many hours as possible. I pull my hat down over my face and groan into it. No one's texting me back and I have at least 10 minutes left in this thing.

"Chase?" That voice is all too familiar. High, raspy, and a slight Arabic accent. I set my phone down in my lap and look up. I almost sigh but I don't; I'm not particularly in the mood for drama today.

"Hey Amal." And old flame. We dated back in our first couple years of high school and broke it off the summer before junior year. I mean, we still hook up from time to time, but it doesn't mean anything. I mean, It might still mean something to her, but not for me.

"How've you been? I haven't talked to you in a while?" Because I've been ignoring you. I scratch the back of my head. I really don't wanna do this right now.

"Um yea, I've been fine."

"You taking care of yourself? You don't wanna go into-"

"Yes, I've been taking care of myself Mal."

"Really?" She crosses her arm and shifts her weight onto one leg. Here we go."When was the last time you checked your blood sugar?"

Shit. I pull the small device out of my pocket and check it. I'm starting to get pretty low. I roll my eyes. I hate that she knows me so well. She gives me a smug smile that I want so badly to wipe off her face with an insult, but really don't feel like arguing.

"Anyway, what are you even doing here?" I ask instead. To my delight, her smile starts to fade a bit and I sit up to grab a soda from the fridge. She pulls at the hem of her older sister's maxi dress and stares down at her feet.Jesus, what the hell is with her.

"I heard you're dating some loser." I let myself sigh this time.

"I'm not dating anyone."

She looks me dead in the eyes, her light grays melting into my green ones and I almost get chills. It's astonishing how easily I tend forgot how gorgeous she is. "That's not what I heard."

"Well then tell me what you did hear."

She rolls her eyes at me and leans herself away from the counter she'd ended up pushing herself against.

"I heard that you were dating some weird girl."

"And you believed that?"

She stands still for a moment before shrugging. It is, however, easy to remember why it is that we broke up. She believes every little rumor she hears.

"It wouldn't surprise me."

"What are you trying to say?" I get up and lean against the counter myself. In response, she leans herself back up against the counter as well.

"What aren't you telling me?"

"You're not my girlfriend Amal, I don't have to tell you anything." I say harshly, but she isn't shaken. This is really starting to get on my nerves.

"Fine. You go ahead and be a little whore then." She spits. I chuckle. What a bitch.

"I've gotta ask though Amal, how am I the whore when you've gone through, God knows how many guys and the only person I've been fucking is you?"

She straightens and the anger is obvious on her face. I figured that would piss her off, but didn't figure that she'd hit me. Which she did. A loud, hard slap across my face. I hear a chorus of "ooh" in response but I block them out. She has my full attention.

I gently rub my hand over my reddening cheek and look up at her. She rests a hand on the back of my neck and pulls me close until her lips are pressed against mine.

My eyes flutter closed as I feel the slightest of fireworks and I take each side of her face into my hands. I slide my tongue against her lower lip and she instantly let me in to twirl my tongue with her. I hear the sounds being made by everyone whose watching what usually goes on between Amal and I but I choose to ignore.

But not to long after I get this horrible empty feeling in the pit of my chest telling me this isn't right. It feels right, but everything else is telling me otherwise. And then Daniella pops into my mind. I pull away from Amal and unwrap her arms from my neck. My eyes are still closed but we're close enough to each other that I can feel her trying to control her breathing against my lips.

"I think you should leave Mal." I whisper. She leans herself away from the counter between us and I know she's rolling her eyes, making me sigh. I run my hands down my the back of my neck. Why does she have to be so difficult?

I open my eyes, and honestly, I'm not surprised to see her with her arms crossed over her chest and an annoyed look on her face.

"Why? So you can see that girl?" I grab my keys and lock up the snack bar. My shift is up anyway.

I don't even want to practice today anymore. I walk straight past her and our to the snow covered parking lot. I hate wearing coats because I prefer sweatshirts and I don't like the way coats look on or off my, but I'm starting to think I should really reconsider.

As I drive home, I can't help but think about Daniella and her pretty brown eyes, the way her lips move when she talks, how passionately she kisses, how my sister speak so highly of her. I feel feel butterflies in my stomach at the thoughts, but maybe it's just because I'm getting low again. I sigh.

"What going on with you Chase," I ask my reflection in the rearview mirror. I make a turn onto my street and keep going on until I reach my house. Once I'm parked in the driveway, I retrieve my keys and lean my head back against the head rest. " I think I like her."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! New chapter!

So I'm actually extremely tired, I had senior registrations at 9am then immediately after I had band and then football at 3-6:30 and more band till 9pm. So I'm going to bed after this lol

But yea! Chases POV! Kinda cool right? ;) I kinda got bored a couple of days ago and was like ehh. It sounds fun. So I did it and I love it! (Ps sorry I was lazy on the chapter title, I literally almost fell asleep looking for the perfect song to use.) ughhhhhhgh. Night.<3

Comment Subscribe&Reccomendddd and I love you all! Goodnight <33