Status: In progress

The Ugliest World’s Most Beautiful Teenage Misfits

I am P O W E R L E S S

Emptiness.
Emptiness ran through my head. My name had been spoken, what now? Rocks thrown at me? How about some names?
BEWARE OF DOG.
My favorite one is that, an often one in middle school. But no, it was a car full of boys, defiantly older than me. I dropped my head, letting my hair hide my right side.
“Lyric Piper!”
My eyes grew, anxiety coating me. How did they know my name? Why did they call it again? I looked at the car again, it was Drake… The car pulled into the opposite lane and than came to a halt in the bike lane. Drake smiled, a cigarette dangling from his mouth. He flicked a lighter and set the fag alight.
“Want to hangout?”
I had just met him in the shop not long ago…



I practically crawled on the floor for energy, the heat was unbearable and none of the shops appeared to have wintry walls. I read each sign carefully, all sounded far too cliché. I was ready to let my aged life go, to make everything work. No one knew me nor my name.
“LYRIC!”
Someone knew my name, they didn’t sound graceful to know it. I turned around only to get socked in the face. I stumbled back and fell on my ass. I looked up at a guy with a Mohawk, he grinned devilishly.
“I’m not done with you.”
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me up. He lifted me off the ground so we met eye to eye before he threw me forward, letting my back and head smash against the tile floor. He than raised his foot and stomped on my chest. I let out no noise, this wasn’t the first time I‘ve been attacked. A razor-sharp pain was everywhere, there was no point to draw attention with screaming.
“HEY!”
I started to curl up on the floor while covering my face, I would let that booming voice take care of this man. Whoever it was went running at the punk and sent his fist into his face because the jock stumbled back and ran. I rolled over in pain.
“Hey, you okay?”
I opened my eyes to see the face of a stranger. I scrambled to my feet and he stared at me strangely.
“I’m bleeding.” I murmured threw my hands which was covering almost my whole face. He grabbed one of my wrist and took me inside the store he had ran out of. Posionberry was the name of it. I had never heard of it but it had a poster of beer pong in the window which sort of caught my attention. A blast of winter hit me as Breed, covered by Otep sang through the speakers loudly. We stumbled past the counter where another man stood, reading a magazine which had some kind of band on it whilst singing under his breath.
“Ivan, watch the store!”
The man looked up, his face dropping from the sight of my bleeding face. We went behind the counter and through a door that I was guessing was the bathroom for the employees. I leaned over the counter, crimson pouring into the miniature, pearly sink.
“What’s your name?”
“Lyric Piper…”
“I’m Drake Fisher.”
I glanced at Drake as he smiled a crooked smile, his eyes squinting from his high cheek bones. His pale skin shinned under the bright lights, making me feel comfortable. I don’t say that often. He stood, seeming so proud with his piercings camping on his face. I was staring and he didn't mind it; he stared right back. But there was nothing he could do to make me feel normal.
I went back to the sink as I tasted blood in my throat, not the first time but I still hate it. After I got the bleeding to stop, I elevated my hand to normal and got another look at Drake. His hair flowed in layers and was thin, it was bleached blonde which was standing out in contrast with the dull clothes he wore. He wore a folded bandanna around his forehead, making his hair look even longer.
I looked towards the ground, letting my hair cover my face slightly; like always. He wiggled his jaw before speaking:
“Who was that man?”
I shrugged, shaking me head and taking a deep breath that only hurt.
“I was just exploring this town; I’m new here and he came out of no where.”
“Grandfield is so small that I’ve seen everything and everyone… I would of remembered you.”
Was he calling me attractive or pointing my marks out? Either way, I put my head down, letting my bangs hide my face from fear. Fear of him misguiding me to believing I could be attractive and that he just wants to point out my flaws… I’ve grown up knowing I can’t be loved with this curse of my face. Doesn’t matter with the kids changing, I will always be a wrong answer that someone scribbled out instead of fully erasing. Deep burn scars covered little more than half of my body. My family burned before my eyes in flames of sins. They were punished for loving me. I can’t be love, anyone who does is punished. I was than adopted, I am a tree branch that fell from the family tree and was drifted to a bundle of them.
I didn’t even notice the trembling of my hand nor my nails digging into my flesh at these thoughts.
“Are you okay?”
I started shaking and tears began to prickle.
“I have to go, thank you…”
I left the building, crossing the street to the park where and sat for a extended time.



I blinked before he spoke again, “I wanted to make sure you were alright…”
I’m such a danger to you though.
“Sure.”
Don’t you know I am the prey?
I opened the back door to see the entire backseat full with guys.
Don’t you guys know I’m a waste of space?
“Just sit on Iva’s lap.”
“I’ve never made contact with a boy before…”
I mumbled lowly that only the guy next to Ivan really caught it.
“Don’t worry, Ivan is the same! Never touched a women!”
Everyone laughed but me, I let my hair fall into my face again. They sang along to Otep as I said nothing. A yellow light formed ahead and the driver slammed on the gas and made a sharp turn. I flew from Iva’s seat, flew across the guys and flopped into the farthest guy’s crotch.
“ERRRGAAHAAAA.”
I have never heard a human make that noise before. Darke burst out laughing before I bluntly said
“Something is poking my stomach.”
Everyone turned towards the guy in the middle who started blushing,
“What? I get excited easily…”
♠ ♠ ♠
:I